burnout from runescape

Low Levelled

In one sitting? A few hours

In terms of consistent game plan - a few months. Take a few months off, occasionally logging on to talk to friends but generally just playing other games

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I don't really get burnt out from playing RuneScape, but I do tend to get rather bored about it every now and then. Then I simply play less and do other things (or play other games). This game drags me back eventually anyways. I see no reason playing a game when you don't feel like it.

• Like 1

u5zhkTY.gif

How long until you guys get burnt out? What do you do when burnout sets in?

In one sitting? A few hours

In terms of consistent game plan - a few months. Take a few months off, occasionally logging on to talk to friends but generally just playing other games

I don't really get burnt out from playing RuneScape, but I do tend to get rather bored about it every now and then. Then I simply play less and do other things (or play other games). This game drags me back eventually anyways. I see no reason playing a game when you don't feel like it.

I play untill I no longer enjoy the game then I quit for years.

Then I come back.

Rinse repeat.

Seems to be that way for all players, even me.

One does not really quit. One just takes an extended break.

Have an Android phone? Check out my Runescape apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=SAA

Follow my app development Twitter here.

• 2 weeks later...

One session? a couple of hours

On the whole though, I'm pretty impatient. If there is not update for a long time than I quit until I discover that the game changed in one way or another, just like TF2, which hasn't had an update since december 2012

I don't think I've ever truely been burnt out, and my longest sitting's been something like 20 hours in the summer holidays...

Wow I'm sad

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

When I broke my arm very badly I did not burn out of RS - I would play about 12-14 hours a day (I had literally nothing else needing doing) I was dosed up on painkillers and would just sit at the computer for hours watching TV and playing RS. Post this I've never really managed to last a serious amount of time on RS - its not so much burn out as getting distracted by IRL meaning I lose my interest. I'll have a particularly busy couple of weeks where I won't play and when I come back I just won't be interested.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

So far I've always quit 1-2 years then came back when I felt like it. I don't know that I would come back now though, being maxed (minus dg) I don't see what I would be doing anyway. Maybe if a new skill came out.

Seems to be that way for all players, even me.

One does not really quit. One just takes an extended break.

That's only an illusion though :P

You only ever hear from people who still play. All the people who've quit permanently aren't here to reply.

2480+ total

Guest Smelly Paws

You only ever hear from people who still play. All the people who've quit permanently aren't here to reply.

It seems that theres plenty who post on the forums with 'retired' as their status. Or are they fibbing....? :-k

It seems that theres plenty who post on the forums with 'retired' as their status. Or are they fibbing....? :-k

I can't speak for other people but I wouldn't post on the forum of a game I was 100% done with. At the very least it shows they still have an interest in the game and the community. Plus from my experience, the people who scream "I QUIT!", "I've had enough, I'm never coming back!" the loudest are the ones that never quit. If they wanted to quit for good, they wouldn't feel the need to post here and remind everybody on every thread. The people who quit for good quit fast, suddenly and you never hear about them again (hence the word permanently).

2480+ total

• 1 year later...

Play. Do other stuff, travel have fun, party and get back. I've been playing since 2005. Got first 99 in 2010, four years down the line still 5m exp away from 2nd 99 ha ha.

Just don't grind, you'll start hating everything lol.

Opieous.png
99 Woodcutting 99 Constitution | 99 Prayer

Scapin since July 05'

• 2 months later...