Good Place To Train Using Salve Ammy?

I saw someone training in a room full of skeles in the yanille dungeon, through an obstacle pipe near those chaos druids.

There's also the ring of visibility dungeon from desert treasure.

Also presumably the room full of 'rapidly spawning undead monsters' which requires the bone key from shilo village... Brought to my attention by the recent poll about reaquiring the key after quest. Maybe even the small horde of undead by the cart at the entrance, though not sure on their levels...

There's also the skeleton room in barrows, though they can hit pretty hard depending on your stats.

By zombie monkeys I presume this encompasses the skeleton monkeys as well?

LgEZt.png

Back in the day, I trained on skeletons in the temple of Ikov, then skeletons in Yanille dungeon, then the giant skeletons in Damis' lair. Then I found out about the monkey zombies and trained there. Then eventually I trained at the monkey skeletons where people chin. Depends on your gear, stats, budget, and tolerance for non-AFK training. You might look into shades too. The undeads in the shilo gate are conveniently right next to the bank, but you can't really AFK them since when they die a gas cloud damages you

77yLQy8.png

Ankous are good if you want to make some good profit while doing it.

for just pure xp, there's also is those high level Shades under Mort'on while wearing full Dharok.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

The monkeys people chin are amazing xp if you dharok with salve ammy. Easily 150k xp/hr with piety, max str, salve ammy, just it's expensive.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

At the moment I would recommend chaos tunnel mummies (The ones you chin)...

Because they drop ancient staff which currently goes for 180k ea. Also a few rune items and very frequent sapphire/emerald jewellery that is worth alching. Should pay for your prayer pots and then some.

CNqWHdA.jpg

At the moment I would recommend chaos tunnel mummies (The ones you chin)...

Because they drop ancient staff which currently goes for 180k ea. Also a few rune items and very frequent sapphire/emerald jewellery that is worth alching. Should pay for your prayer pots and then some.

There are no chaos tunnels in old school

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Mod Dean did some digging and found that the optimal kill count for barrow items was 6 brothers + 8 monsters, not sure how that'd affect runes except that 11+ kc gives bloods or something.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Mod Dean did some digging and found that the optimal kill count for barrow items was 6 brothers + 8 monsters, not sure how that'd affect runes except that 11+ kc gives bloods or something.

One can assume that, like many other things in the game, a higher killcount adds to the chance of an item with an exponentially declining rate. 13 kills may be slightly better than 8 kills, but 25 kills isn't very much better than 13.. for example

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I'd say go to ankous. With the salve ammy (e), you hit high and often enough on ankous to get a pretty good experience rate and they also have decent drops.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

One can assume that, like many other things in the game, a higher killcount adds to the chance of an item with an exponentially declining rate. 13 kills may be slightly better than 8 kills, but 25 kills isn't very much better than 13.. for example

Well first of all... Dean claims that killing monsters increases your chance of barrows items (excluding bolts presumably)? Are you sure he didn't say it gives the optimal amount of cash (ie more runes)?

I only brought it up to help gauge the practicality of training melee on the skeletons and making optimal profit while maintaining high xp. (Accomplished by doing as few chest openings as possible)

It likely is a exponentially decreasing increase in reward, and if it is, it'd be useful to know at what rate the increase of reward declines.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Apparently the code means that getting a killcount of 14 gives you the best chance of getting a barrow item, and getting any more has no further effect. You can try to find the thread in the "Monsters" subforum on the RSOF.

6Ij0n.jpg

Apparently the code means that getting a killcount of 14 gives you the best chance of getting a barrow item, and getting any more has no further effect. You can try to find the thread in the "Monsters" subforum on the RSOF.

If you don't kill a brother you don't get the option to get their loot...

So, if you killed 1 brother and 13 skeletons, you'd have the same chance of receiving any of that specific brothers loot, but this of course is 1/6th the chance of ANY barrows item if you had all 6 brothers.

Hmm i just read through the first dozen pages of the forum dean was on and it's worth noting they're talking about EOC barrows which has been through several changes...

I've always thought kill brothers only and you get roughly 1/16 chance of item... Monsters just give runes...

CNqWHdA.jpg

So, if you killed 1 brother and 13 skeletons, you'd have the same chance of receiving any of that specific brothers loot, but this of course is 1/6th the chance of ANY barrows item if you had all 6 brothers.

Hmm i just read through the first dozen pages of the forum dean was on and it's worth noting they're talking about EOC barrows which has been through several changes...

I've always thought kill brothers only and you get roughly 1/16 chance of item... Monsters just give runes...

The "digging through" element I thought implied ancient code.

• Like 1

LgEZt.png

Yeah, it's kill all six brothers (or the six you want loot from) and then top up your killcount with the tunnel monsters. I assumed you read my earlier statement on 6+8 so I just said 14. Code hasn't changed since implementation, according to Mod Dean's posts.

6Ij0n.jpg

Leesters did some pretty extensive research into optimal total kill count in barrows many years ago, and I remember him also coming up with 14 as the best. If his old blog still exists in the blogscape forums you may find the info in it.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Hmm I'm looking for this research but can't seem to find any.

I really am curious how large the difference is between 6 kills (Only barrows) and 14 kills (6 barrows 8 monsters). I accept the possibility and probability that it does increase the chance to get items, I question by how much and the blanket statement that 8 is the magic number for optimal efficiency for everyone (IE 1 defense mage pures can kill brothers fast and safe, but mobs are relatively difficult to kill)

Furthermore, is there a reliable estimate of chance of item per chest with 14 killed? If they know that it's best surely they had to first work out roughly how common the loot is and a large sample size to compare it with other variations in killcount.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Shades.

Nobody is ever there and you can rock 100k+ xp per hour with dharocks or you can afk with whip and fighter plate..

I did the blue ones to 99 strength in 2006.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Level 45 skeletons in 6 wildy in the edgeville tunnel (near black demons and chaos druids)

There's about 7 of them in a very condensed area, they're aggressive, they have really low def, 59 hp, inaccurate attacks, never ever have players there. Not too far from edgeville bank you can glory to (Or house glory + altar).

Quite a good place to afk if you don't concern yourself with the very low chance a pker could come and kill you.

CNqWHdA.jpg