A bit of a security risk

Wkw

I found this out on my own, and it might not effect everyone, but I think I aught to point it out.

It seems that, depending on your computer/laptop model, if you put your computer into sleep mode while logged in, when you resume the computer, you will still be logged in and the connection will have been reestablished.

I've been able to log back in just by turning my laptop on, after putting it into sleep, up to five hours later. Meaning I did not have to put in my password. Just turn the computer back on.

I'm pretty sure that this is because the client on the computer gets killed and brought back up so fast that it thinks it is just a temporary connection issue, so it restores the session. Now obviously if the game updates, or the IP changes, such things would not happen, but in my case, it does.

tl;dr log out (not just to lobby) before you turn pooter off

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Well, if you do put your computer to sleep, then your brother/sister/friend/thief/other bad person comes and turns it on, they can wreck everything that you do not have in your bank.. So that could be bad.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I noticed this myself as well - I was always convinced that I had just logged in without realizing it >.> Good to have this confirmed!

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

It's not really a security risk if your on a secured laptop/computer that no-one else has access to, but in regards to a shared computer it's a massive threat. It either needs mentioning in-game or in lobby or fixing if possible.

A good piece of information to post though.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

This is partially the reason why I NEVER use the sleep function, ever, on laptops.

Too many problems, too little benefit.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)