Silver Feedback (June)

Daviddts

If its a redundant useless role why does it matter if its in game? Because having more than one skill, more than one JMod, etc. is redundant according to your definition. Jagex has a vision for there game whether we (or they) can fully see it, and they'll do what they want about this situation. When regular players complain about PMods it sounds like they're jealous of not having the title.

This has no logic to it what so ever.

By no definition of what has been said are Jmods or skills redudant.

Skills each have their own purpose and use.

Jmods are the staff of the studio that make the game exist.

Pmods, in mine and others opinion, are redundant because the purpose they served no longer exists for the most part, as proven by Jagex strings and ass-all idea what to do with them. They have no real vital functionality or purpose and are therefore redundant, nothing like the jmods who have the very important purpose of doing their jobs to make them game and nothing like skills which each have a varied usage in the game. It matters that it is in-game because it exemplifies Jagex's inability to act and just put an end to something that is not working anymore, it also matters due to the stupid mutes and general corrupt mods the system harbours. Not to mention the attitude of being 'better' than average players that some mods seem to have ingrained and the wanna-be-mod behaviour it inspires in kids trying to get the crown. These, whilst not true of all mods, are detrimental to the game and the community. Plus it just looks bad to have a system and a 'rank' in place that serves next to no purpose.

True, but every skill has the same basic mechanic, and, for example, Attack, Strength, and Defence are virtually the same when training them. What's the point? Why not make it one "Melee" skill? Redundancy. Fletching, Cooking, Firemaking, Woodcutting, and any of the other AFKable skills are the same, why not make them into one category?

And while it is illogical to say one JMod could run the whole game, technically one JMod from every department within Jagex could run the game. Why do they have so many JMod's? Redundancy.

So, based upon what I've just put there is logic behind it, so please don't accuse me of being illogical. Obviously PMods functionality isn't what it used to be, but by everyone against PMod's definition of "redundant," 99% of game content falls under the category. It's Jagex's game and they obviously have a plan and goal for the PMods or they wouldn't keep them.

And in the same light, it may just be because PMods have been around practically since the beginning of the game. Before you flame me let me explain this logic for you keyboard warriors who can't put your own thoughts together...

The skills from RSC have been redone, but the same mechanics are still incorporated. Hell, Smithing was the exact same until just recently. Does that mean Jagex should've taken out that skill because its functionality was limited? No. So please, you all are patient and nonchalant when it comes to a skill rework, so don't get your panties in a bunch when waiting for a new and improved PMod role.

"[...] and while we are speaking of that ideal game, hypothetically of course, there would be adequate manning [...]"

"[...] PMods should not be removed, not at present anyway, Jagex does need to work on the in game reporting system. [...]"

"[...] and yes I am not naive enough to say that there is no level of corruption there either. [...]"

You recognize the difference between an ideal world and the real world, but you need to expand that to Jagex as well. In an ideal world, Jagex would do a good job - achieving the goals set on time, picking the right goals. However, realistically, they will not upgrade their systems to any point where player moderators will be useful. It's best to just remove them, Jagex can probably do that right.

We are talking about Jagex.... When have they delivered what they have promised? I don't know about yourself, but I first started playing Runescape believing what was told to me by Jagex, as recent as the past 12mths with the developing of EOC and that it would be the future way to play the game, only to have it turned around because obviously EoC was bad for 'business' so they milked the opportunity for all they could and reproduced '07.

When I first started playing, that was the 'ideal game' and as it progressed it became the 'realistic game', both being worlds apart. I would prefer PMods to be able to instant remove a bot as they do with spammers for one.... that is an 'ideal' example of course when the 'realistic' is that it is bad for business to have such powers give to ordinary players because of the amount of bots that are in both versions of the game.

"[...] and while we are speaking of that ideal game, hypothetically of course, there would be adequate manning [...]"

"[...] PMods should not be removed, not at present anyway, Jagex does need to work on the in game reporting system. [...]"

"[...] and yes I am not naive enough to say that there is no level of corruption there either. [...]"

You recognize the difference between an ideal world and the real world, but you need to expand that to Jagex as well. In an ideal world, Jagex would do a good job - achieving the goals set on time, picking the right goals. However, realistically, they will not upgrade their systems to any point where player moderators will be useful. It's best to just remove them, Jagex can probably do that right.

We are talking about Jagex.... When have they delivered what they have promised? I don't know about yourself, but I first started playing Runescape believing what was told to me by Jagex, as recent as the past 12mths with the developing of EOC and that it would be the future way to play the game, only to have it turned around because obviously EoC was bad for 'business' so they milked the opportunity for all they could and reproduced '07.

When I first started playing, that was the 'ideal game' and as it progressed it became the 'realistic game', both being worlds apart. I would prefer PMods to be able to instant remove a bot as they do with spammers for one.... that is an 'ideal' example of course when the 'realistic' is that it is bad for business to have such powers give to ordinary players because of the amount of bots that are in both versions of the game.

Also because P mods could be wrong and giving them the ability to remove players from the game would be amazingly stupid. Even worse than giving regular players with little accountability the ability to mute players in-game.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I respect that there are vulnerable players out there. However, there comes a time when those players need to see that the internet has scary things on it. Trying to hide that ... it's only going to lead to a worse situation later on. At least this is only a game; what happens when they move into more "important" (loosely used) things? I'd rather they experience these facets of the internet here, where there's little potential for harm, rather than the "real world" side of the internet.

I'll include this tid bit here, quoted directly from the RuneScape Terms & Conditions.

6. Safety and abuse

Before using any Jagex Product you should read Heath and Safety information and Safety and Security information. Parents of those under 18 should also review this information.

We are under no obligation to (and do not) monitor User Content. You should be aware of the potential risks of using a service which includes extensive User Content. User Content may be inaccurate, out of date or otherwise inappropriate. We cannot guarantee that users will comply with our terms and conditions, rules or otherwise behave appropriately. You should not assume that a person is who he or she claims to be. In your own interests, you should not attempt to contact any other user outside a Jagex Product.

If you are the victim of offensive or inappropriate behaviour or receive any other unwanted communications, you should use the built-in blocking facilities (as detailed in the Chatting and staying safe online section) to block the messages. You should report all inappropriate behaviour to us via the in game "Report abuse" button as well as seeking appropriate external help, for example from parents or law enforcement authorities. If you continue to suffer problems, or are not satisfied, then you must stop using the relevant Jagex Product(s).

Jagex knows their PMods aren't a suitable guarantee of a safe gaming experience; that's why you agree when playing to use their built in functions (ignore list, report abuse) when faced with a dangerous or potentially harmful situation.

Also, I'll just add that I used to be a kicking rank within one of the penguin FCs that you mentioned. At no time were we crippled due to a lack of in-game muting abilities among the chat. We took full responsibility of protecting the chat, often communicating between ourselves as ranks to make sure there was someone (if only idling) in the chat at all times. In my opinion, it is the group coordinating the service, who holds the responsibility of keeping that chat safe. If they don't, everyone is free to find another service. There is no applicable need for PMods to use that service for the purpose of serving as a moderator. If anything, their ability would usurp those serving as leaders in the chat, oftentimes causing more confusion. (I was accidentally muted by a PMod while kicking mass-spammers from a penguin chat. But that's a story for a different day. :? )

All in all, we players have the ability to protect ourselves from harmful content, and we are expected to do so (as per reading the T&Cs). There is no need for PMods, they are merely a sour convenience.

Again, it is abundantly clear that the systems now in place have rendered the current role of the Player Moderator, as it now exists, obsolete.

Additionally, among the issues we also need to take into account is that, when these people were engaged to undertake the current role of Player Moderator, it was under considerably different terms and conditions than exist now.

Simply re-assigning those same people to a different role isn’t necessarily a good idea, as it is likely that a considerable percentage of them would not be suitable to that new assignment, whatever it may be.

You cannot simply assume that one-size-fits-all in such circumstances. Altogether, it is better to scrap the lot and, if necessary, create an entirely new role with new criteria for recruitment.

However, I really don’t foresee any need for such player involvement in the future. While everything is not necessarily well in hand, it’s at least beyond the point where we need a hierarchy of player involvement to enhance our gameplay.

nyuseg.png

[spoiler=hate, but relevant]

How do you think the Player Moderator team could be improved?

Eliminate the redundancy of the Player Moderator role by eliminating the role of the Player Moderator entirely.

What would you like to see Player Moderators doing more of? (Events, Competitions, Q&A's, ect.)

Oh - I don't know - how about a mass resignation? happy.gif

Do you agree with the current Player Moderator's role in the community? (Explain)

No. The Player Moderator is a redundant role in today's Runescape. They have little or no function whatsoever, at the present time, and what little functionality they do have, they're generally handcuffed and unable to perform it. It's time for Jagex to simply eliminate the role altogether.

Are there any current issue's in the community you feel Player Moderators should be addressing?

None. Any of the roles they once performed are no longer relevant.

Any other thoughts on Player Moderators?

I think I've pretty much summed it up.

Thanks for asking. Have a lovely day! biggrin.gif

I have to admit, you have actually hit the nail on the head, they aren't relevant any more.

Unless they review the Player Moderator role, all (in my opinion) PMods are currently doing are using the crown to gain an unfair advantage over other players (ie; with trades, as their crown stands out, maybe they should be hidden?) and to help gain e-fame I suppose.

Therefore, they should be removed from the game.