Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Behind the Scenes: June 2013

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Am I the only one here who still thinks that 80+ is considered high-level but due the lifespan of the game simply more players have reached this threshold and therefore is the availability to such content more common?

I agree and bet most of the rs community would agree. Tipit just has so many high-levels (which I would include myself in) that many barely remember training skills before 90.

Sidenote: What happened to the XP-boost changing from last month? I don't remember actually seeing anything.

Yeah, well to be fair it took me merele 14 months to get from low 60 base to 90 base and am now in 4 months only 3 base higher. However given I didn't play much past months =/.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

liljjp
[ Display Name History ]

liljjp

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 190 posts

Am I the only one here who still thinks that 80+ is considered high-level but due the lifespan of the game simply more players have reached this threshold and therefore is the availability to such content more common?

I agree and bet most of the rs community would agree. Tipit just has so many high-levels (which I would include myself in) that many barely remember training skills before 90.

Sidenote: What happened to the XP-boost changing from last month? I don't remember actually seeing anything.

Mod Emilee (I think) mentioned that the system took more work than expected, and had to be psotponed.

lame, that is what i was really looking forward to the most in may lol.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Yeah, well to be fair it took me merele 14 months to get from low 60 base to 90 base and am now in 4 months only 3 base higher. However given I didn't play much past months =/.

On the other end, you have ten year veterans that haven't reached 90 base. But of course, this is Jagex's current business strategy, if the 'high-level content' drinking game is anything to go by.

In fact,

Some critics have argued that the maturity and decline stages of the MMOG life cycle have more to do with this than the actual age of the game. The logic is that at some point developers cave to the demands of the loudest fans—usually more high-end content and boosts to their favorite playstyle - and so the raised barrier of entry makes the game far less appealing to new players.

Sounds quite familiar...

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

I slipped off into sarcasm at the end there, and looked over stuff that wasn't even worth commenting on (like loyalty points etc), but my general point is, READ THE DAMN BTS BEFORE YOU INSTANTLY WHINE AND CRITICISE IT. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALL THIS (to use how you describe it) "EXCLUSIVE" HIGH LEVEL STUFF, WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? This applies to everyone who complains about the favouritism of high level players.

Maybe its time to stand up cause you it looks like you have been siting on a stick.
Oh and by the way that long winded diatribe so far off base you'd need the space shuttle to connect your post to what he wrote or reality for that matter (level 95 slayer not high level...lol).
If you're gonna troll, do it right, watch the pros. 8-)

I don't even..
I referenced virtually every part of the BTS post to his complaint that it was another month of "high level content", in which I commented upon the updates, showing how the majority of them were not infact high level. What else did you think I was talking about..
Then, if you read my more recent posts, you'd see that I'm NOT saying 95 Slayer isn't high level. I'm saying the 81 Slayer requirement to access the dungeon is not.
As for the stick up my arse, clearly you know something that I don't. Should I wish to watch the pro's, I certainly wouldn't be watching you for advice. I would only do so should I want the opposite.

To be fair, most of what was mentioned in the BTS will definitely not be June content; they are merely mentioning a list of future updates.
From what has been confirmed to be June content, we are left with the new Ranged slayer dungeon and the new crystal key, which happens to be only obtainable through high-level means.

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin

New trees: New foliage that's sure to make the cut!
It's only graphics, but still cool.

Why are we assuming new trees is only a graphical update and not a woodcutting update to tie into the construction update?

Because the highest level useful tree is at level 54 (arctic pine), and I don't think Jagex will add low-level trees.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,000 posts

On the other end, you have ten year veterans that haven't reached 90 base. But of course, this is Jagex's current business strategy, if the 'high-level content' drinking game is anything to go by.

In fact,

Some critics have argued that the maturity and decline stages of the MMOG life cycle have more to do with this than the actual age of the game. The logic is that at some point developers cave to the demands of the loudest fans—usually more high-end content and boosts to their favorite playstyle - and so the raised barrier of entry makes the game far less appealing to new players.

Sounds quite familiar...

I could write a book on all the dumb things Jagex have done to dig their own graves over the years. Whether or not the current state of the game would be like this so quickly is debatable, but ultimately the biggest mistakes they have made are the ones which change the game's culture, not the game's content.:
Killing off PvP in favor of PvM
Skillcapes
Releasing new training methods faster than they could release new content

77yLQy8.png

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

I should probably save up for pernix!

& Cool a crystal key for high levels!

Yay hope it's going to be nice

you're too late about the pernix, it got bought out minutes after the BTS video for the slayer area announced it.

I expect the trees to be high level....and utterly useless, based on Jagex's warped perceptions to how content should be distributed and used.

8f14270694.jpg

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Kamil1210
less updates but with better quality is better than tons of bad updates.
  • Viv likes this

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
Its more about the fact that there hasnt been a new skill for 3 years. Same thing happened between summoning and dungeoneering. 2 new skills in a short amount of time will be good for the game. Definition of high level really depends on the skill. For combat skills like melee 99 definitely but playing old-school you realize the early levels aren't necessarily total cake I'd say around 90 for most skills 99 for common skills like cooking. But yea the game has been out for over 10 years. I've personally had my acc 7 or so years I got all 99s in 4 years. Now many skills have changed even more and if you look at old school you can see that its really not that bad to get a semi-decent acc within a few months so if you play for 2 years you most likely will have some good stats. Slayer dg's are always cool - would be interesting to see what kind of armor they give f2p it will maybe be in the 65-75 range.

God Of Lego
[ Display Name History ]

God Of Lego

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RSN:God Of Lego
Mod Mark. Slowly sending this game down the shitter.

Quest_Cape_K
[ Display Name History ]

Quest_Cape_K

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • RSN:Quest Cape K
  • Clan:PvmDG

I slipped off into sarcasm at the end there, and looked over stuff that wasn't even worth commenting on (like loyalty points etc), but my general point is, READ THE DAMN BTS BEFORE YOU INSTANTLY WHINE AND CRITICISE IT. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALL THIS (to use how you describe it) "EXCLUSIVE" HIGH LEVEL STUFF, WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? This applies to everyone who complains about the favouritism of high level players.

Maybe its time to stand up cause you it looks like you have been siting on a stick.
Oh and by the way that long winded diatribe so far off base you'd need the space shuttle to connect your post to what he wrote or reality for that matter (level 95 slayer not high level...lol).
If you're gonna troll, do it right, watch the pros. 8-)

I don't even..
I referenced virtually every part of the BTS post to his complaint that it was another month of "high level content", in which I commented upon the updates, showing how the majority of them were not infact high level. What else did you think I was talking about..
Then, if you read my more recent posts, you'd see that I'm NOT saying 95 Slayer isn't high level. I'm saying the 81 Slayer requirement to access the dungeon is not.
As for the stick up my arse, clearly you know something that I don't. Should I wish to watch the pro's, I certainly wouldn't be watching you for advice. I would only do so should I want the opposite.

To be fair, most of what was mentioned in the BTS will definitely not be June content; they are merely mentioning a list of future updates.
From what has been confirmed to be June content, we are left with the new Ranged slayer dungeon and the new crystal key, which happens to be only obtainable through high-level means.

Oh, a high levelled update? KILL IT, BURN IT WITH FIRE!
I don't see why some people have problems with getting content which you may have to work for, it gives you a goal to aim for.
(Only quoting you because it is related)

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
I don't really think the definition of "high/mid/low-level content" is dependent upon the current high scores/playerbase. If it's dependent upon anything, it's dependent upon current game content and hours of commitment required. Otherwise, it's absolute; not relative.

77yLQy8.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
SOOO much whining...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Quest_Cape_K
[ Display Name History ]

Quest_Cape_K

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts

New trees: New foliage that's sure to make the cut!
It's only graphics, but still cool.

Why are we assuming new trees is only a graphical update and not a woodcutting update to tie into the construction update?

Because the highest level useful tree is at level 54 (arctic pine), and I don't think Jagex will add low-level trees.

People still use yew/magic logs for bonfiring, I don't see how these aren't useful.

God Of Lego
[ Display Name History ]

God Of Lego

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RSN:God Of Lego

SOOO much whining...

The irony

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,000 posts

SOOO much whining...

Well, the monthly BTS threads on TIF have always been like the Mecca for people who like to complain about how the game has gone to shit. :lol:

77yLQy8.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

I don't see why some people have problems with getting content which you may have to work for, it gives you a goal to aim for.

That might be because you don't have to work for it. Not everyone is so eager to spend 40-100 hours doing something they can't stand, when there's a good chance that the update will have peaked within the first three weeks.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,000 posts

Already got plenty of goals in RL to occupy my time. I'd rather not add RS to the list. :P Though I'm sure I'd feel differently if I had an abundance of free time and/or the only goals in my life pertained to RuneScape.

77yLQy8.png

Quest_Cape_K
[ Display Name History ]

Quest_Cape_K

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts

That might be because you don't have to work for it. Not everyone is so eager to spend 40-100 hours doing something they can't stand, when there's a good chance that the update's 'peak' will be long gone by the time they get to play it.

I don't have to work for it anymore*.
Lets just release lvl 60 content which will be useless within a week, we don't have enough of those updates do we?
Lets grind just for that 99 cape and not for any other benefits the skill may bring.

Already got plenty of goals in RL to occupy my time. I'd rather not add RS to the list. :P Though I'm sure I'd feel differently if I had an abundance of free time and/or the only goals in my life pertained to RuneScape.

So someone can't play RS for an hour or two a day and have goals (in RS and RL)?

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
Update looks sweet

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet