Behind the Scenes: June 2013

helring

The Order of Ascension (members only)

Deep beneath the Feldip Hills, the Order of Ascension muster in an all-new, ranged-focused slayer dungeon, coming this month!

This huge force of misguided Guthixians have taken some dramatic action since their god's death - including capturing locals for dark, mysterious purposes - and they must be stopped before their attention turns to the more populated cities of Gielinor.

These creatures were once humans themselves, but now they're something else entirely. They exude magic, and can only be fought by the strongest of rangers. They have huge strength in number and comprise of many types: including the nimble gladii, healing capsarii, shielded scutarii, and the rorarii, who hunt in packs. Each has unique abilities and requires different strategies to take down, as well as level 81 Slayer.

The legiones are by far the most powerful of the Ascended: six powerful mages, their abilities honed over hundreds of years; their minds linked together by a powerful enchantment. The order is a tight-knit community, fanatically loyal to each other, and the legiones are the unquestioned leaders.

Each of the legiones will stand as a unique boss monster, with subtly different mechanics from the others. In order to fight these, you’ll need a Slayer level of 95 (or a co-op Slayer buddy with that level) and a unique keystone to access each one - dropped by other Order of Ascension members.

For those brave enough to face the legiones, very special rewards await. Not only will their drops be extremely profitable, but they will also drop one of 6 Ascension signets, used to create the level 90 Ascension crossbow! This crossbow is the only one that can use the powerful new Ascension bolts, found through scouring the monastery for components and made by level 90 fletchers.

The story of the Ascended is a rich and interesting one, and the full story of their past can be found in collectable lore book pages, which will be scattered throughout their home.

The Crystal Triskellion (members only)

The crystal triskellion is a brand new key, shattered into three parts by forces unknown. A new, secret treasure location will be added to the game world unlockable by players who piece together the three parts of the key, found through fighting high-level slayer targets and engaging with a variety of high- level skill content.

The loot found within each chest will be pretty spectacular. Most importantly though, it can also contain some brand new hybrid gear, known as dragonstone armour.

The key and its parts are untradeable and members-only, so this fine gear will only be found by those players able to collect the pieces themselves. Free players will be interested to hear, though, that the dragonstone armour will be available to them to buy from willing players or the Grand Exchange.

Solomon’s Store/ Squeal of Fortune

More great stuff hits the game this month with battle-scarred armour, new strength and magic-based skill animations and some fantastic new cosmetic options for rangers.

Community

Our community team are really pulling out the stops in June and beyond - this is your year, after all, and they're the guys and gals getting you involved. Watch out for their weekly Community Round-Up news post for more info!

If you're a video maker, be sure to check out our RuneScape Journey competition for a chance to win lifetime membership, and other amazing prizes.

Also, now that the New Interface System is in beta and open to all members, we want to see what you can do. Keep an eye out for details of our Your Interface competition - coming soon!

A Note from Mod Mark

With the imminent launch of RS3 (coming this summer) the team are working hard on a huge range of updates, all thematically and functionally linked into the 6th Age of RuneScape. It’s going to be an amazing summer of content, but it means that the content launching this month is in flux. At the end of every BTS, we always say “If it’s not awesome we won’t launch it” – that’s very much the case this month.

That’s why I am only listing the Order of Ascension and Crystal Triskelion updates here, since those are the ones we will certainly be delivering this month. We have a swathe of other updates in development, and the other weeks will contain awesome content, but right now I don’t want to make promises as to what that content will be. To give you an idea of some of the content we are working on right now, check out the list below (in no particular order):

• RuneScape 3: New graphics, customisable interfaces and some amazing launch content to boot. Who could ask for more?
  • Divination Skill: Old-school training with new-school rewards.
  • Skill 2: No, I won’t tell you what it is yet!
  • Dwarf Finale Quest: As voted for by you.
  • Barrows Brothers Deluxe: Can they really get more awesome? Yes, they can.
  • Epic World Events: Seriously - these are amazing, and will change the future of RuneScape forever. I can’t wait to tell you more, but I don’t want to ruin the surprise.
  • Seasonal High Scores: Check out the recent RS3 BTS video to find out more.
  • Player-Owned Ports Expansion: More islands, more adventures, more rewards.
  • Quest: Bringing Home the Bacon: Yum!
  • Upgraded Tool Belt with New Tools: As suggested by you, via the forums.
  • 6th Age Quests 1, 2, 3 and 4: What madness will the 6th Age bring?
  • Loyalty Store Update: New stuff!
  • Grouping System: A great new way to access our minigames without having to wait.
  • Halloween: Woo, scary!
  • Pickpocketing Summoners: Does exactly what it says on the tin - a great way to get charms and Thieving XP.
  • Bosses: More epic battles, including powerful loot for mages.
  • Elite Combat Mobs: Combat training for the toughest high-level players.
  • New trees: New foliage that's sure to make the cut!
  • Construction Rework: Build in places you'd never expect!
  • New bank interface: Better access to your stuff than ever before

Don’t forget to check out our RuneScape Beta Programme - it’s your game, and we need your feedback!

Have fun!

Mod Mark

Design Director - RuneScape

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Few updates but they seem to be focused more to the higher level player, depending on what 'high level slayer targets' are.

Overall, looks good.

Been confirmed minimum level for the Slayer Dungeon is 81 with minimum for bosses is 95.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Few updates but they seem to be focused more to the higher level player, depending on what 'high level slayer targets' are.

Overall, looks good.

Been confirmed minimum level for the Slayer Dungeon is 81 with minimum for bosses is 95.

More about this " A new, secret treasure location will be added to the game world unlockable by players who piece together the three parts of the key, found through fighting high-level slayer targets and engaging with a variety of high- level skill content."

Robbstarkded.png

Overall, looks good.

More about this " A new, secret treasure location will be added to the game world unlockable by players who piece together the three parts of the key, found through fighting high-level slayer targets and engaging with a variety of high- level skill content."

Oh that part... Was thinking your refered to the Slayer Dungeon.

In that case I hope skilling would be as viable of a method of getting them as would PvM... I think something in the lines of 80+ Slayer monsters.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

This all looks really cool.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

The updates they are showing look cool, if the dragonstone armour is the best f2p armour it may help it keep its value. I don't really know what to expect out of those chests but i'm expecting the armour to be pretty lackluster for p2p just because it is f2p and I doubt they'll want f2p armours going too high in stats.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

F2P do need to get new armours, just tier 50 isn't enough for something like Cockroach Soldiers..

Account Help

Yea, I have no problem with f2p armours, especially if its a way for members to make cash, I'm just thinking these armours may be level 60 or 65 tops.

I can't look forward enough until the 2 updates this month, sound awesome! And I'm happy they're going to be doing community events this month as an actual focus.

And I'm finding it really interesting to see how they ended that, basically telling up what they have planned for the 2nd half of this remaining year.

It's like a strip tease.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Yea, I have no problem with f2p armours, especially if its a way for members to make cash, I'm just thinking these armours may be level 60 or 65 tops.

Tier 65 would be decent I think. Would put it on par with Runite equipment! Remember it'll be classed as hybrid and as such have a 15 tier penalty so it makes it actually tier 50 but doesn't get any penalties!

To be honest I would like to see Hybrid armours not only to have a defense requirement but also a range/attack/mage requirement.

Account Help

Was hoping for some kind of minor drops from the regular monsters, as opposed to only the bolts and crossbow (+ keystones) being the main takeaways from the whole dungeon. Level 75 ranged gear a la ganodermic would have been nice to have.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The month is looking good, ranged dungeon will be fun, dragonstone armor intrigues me, but it's probably gonna be low tier since it's F2P (Unless they decide to give F2P a high tier armor), and the list of updates for the year is simply great, RS3, more quests, 2 skills, new bank interface, PoP expansion and of course, bosses

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I really wish they confirmed Divination for this month... Anyways content looks cool... New ports update's are always good too.

Prediction for the latter stages of the month:

Barrows Brothers Dulux, Grouping System, Upgraded Tool Belt and Updated Loyalty Rewards.

Those things could perhaps be easily sorted by Jagex, a lot easier than making a new Skill etc.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I really wish they confirmed Divination for this month... Anyways content looks cool... New ports update's are always good too.

Prediction for the latter stages of the month:

Barrows Brothers Dulux, Grouping System, Upgraded Tool Belt and Updated Loyalty Rewards.

Those things could perhaps be easily sorted by Jagex, a lot easier than making a new Skill etc.

I'm sure they don't want to because god forbid it has to be delayed due to last second issues, the army of programming experts who created a flash intro at one point and therefore know how an MMO is programmed will short circuit the servers with their tears of rage.

• Like 6

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Looks like an interesting month. Glad to see F2P will be getting access to some new armor. Hopefully it's decently leveled and not equivalent to Black or something else ridiculously low.

Also:

Halloween: Woo, scary!

Woohoo! After not having a proper Easter event I'm looking forward to this. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

219dg8z.jpg

I should probably save up for pernix!

& Cool a crystal key for high levels!

Yay hope it's going to be nice

Already going through the roof (kicked for trending).

Wonder if they'll spring Divination on us. Hmmm.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Seems June is catered towards mostly high-level players, along with the usual solomon/sof stuff tossed in.

Do you just copy and paste this, changing the month, for every BTS?

Order of Ascension - not high-level, it requires level 81 Slayer to access.

Crystal Key v2 - the armour isn't high level, and it's available for F2P.

Divination - not a high-level piece of content, is it.

Dwarf Finale - Expect it to be high level, as its a FINALE. If the final of every quest line required level 60 stats, it's never going to be a thriller for the majority of the community. Especially for something like the Dwarf Quests, where they already require level 70 stats. Rememberm, there is a 99 Strength easter egg in the last Dwarf quest.

Epic World Events - Unlikely to be high level, more along the lines of the reqs for TWW. They want this stuff accessible for all.

POP Expansion - Vaguely high level, stuff like Smithing can now be done for free, so its accessible to a lot more people.

Upgraded Tool Belt - Well duh, its accessible to everyone. It affects all levels. More beneficial to the lower levels if anything.

6th Age Quests - Read Epic World Events notes

Grouping System for minigames - really, exclusive high level content?

Pickpocketing Summoners - more likely to be spread across all the levels.

Bosses - of course the "powerful loot" is going to be high level. It's likely going to be T90 Mage stuff, so it would be utterly stupid to make it not high level.

Elite Combat Mobs - Sorry Tim, but Goblin and Demon Mobs are low-mid level, you cannot begrudge high level players this.

New Trees - So unbelievably high level, only those with 2400 total will be able to see them.

Construction Rework - It's a skill rework, not "lets allow high level players to have a GE station, a dock and a load of farming patches in their house, giving the low levels nothing". Especially when it can be done for free (warbands).

New Bank Interface - Similar to the trees, obviously only accessible to those with 2400 total.

I slipped off into sarcasm at the end there, and looked over stuff that wasn't even worth commenting on (like loyalty points etc), but my general point is, READ THE DAMN BTS BEFORE YOU INSTANTLY WHINE AND CRITICISE IT. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALL THIS (to use how you describe it) "EXCLUSIVE" HIGH LEVEL STUFF, WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? This applies to everyone who complains about the favouritism of high level players.

• Like 7

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Order of Ascension - not high-level, it requires level 81 Slayer to access.

What

Overall, looks good.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015