Behind the Scenes: June 2013

helring

81 slayer isn't high-levelled?

Most people's definition of "High-levelled" seems to be level 90+ content, which is exactly why it's so amusing to see folks say Level 95 slayer content isn't high-levelled.. :-k

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

In the long term, no. Look at Abyssal Demons. They require 85 slayer and a lot of people have access to those. I'd class up to 80 as medium content, but I wouldn't say 81 was high level.

95 Slayer is the requirement for the Bosses, not the dungeon. Likely that this is in place to ensure that the weapons actually have some lifetime of value, unlike Drygores, which dropped 100m each. That's the problem with KK - anyone can do it. Whereas by creating a 95 Slayer requirement on these new bosses, which IS high levelled, that I'm not denying, the weapons should retain a high value for longer. What I'm not saying is high levelled, is 81 Slayer, the requirement to actually access the dungeon in the first place. It's similar to Jadinkos, whereby a minimum of 86 Slayer is required to get a Whip Vine. That is more like high level yet there wasn't an uproar about it being unobtainable to low level players back then. 81 Slayer to access a few monsters is not high levelled. 95 to access a boss, is.

EDIT: Just thought of the original 90 FM requirement for Firemakers Curse. That was obviously too high levelled in comparison to the rest of the requirements (76 HP and 64 Agil) so it soon got reduced to level 74. The additional rewards were then extended to 91 FM. It's a similar case here, where the basic content is available on a wide scale, but the real knit-grit stuff requires some more work.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

OK, so updates under development, what's there:

RuneScape 3: New graphics, customisable interfaces and some amazing launch content to boot. Who could ask for more?

Good stuff.

Divination Skill: Old-school training with new-school rewards.

Skill 2: No, I won’t tell you what it is yet!

Dwarf Finale Quest: As voted for by you.

Probably good stuff.

Barrows Brothers Deluxe: Can they really get more awesome? Yes, they can.

What? Do we need this? Barrows is perfectly fine at the moment.

Epic World Events: Seriously - these are amazing, and will change the future of RuneScape forever. I can’t wait to tell you more, but I don’t want to ruin the surprise.

Could be good stuff, could be really boring/inconsequential/badly executed.

Seasonal High Scores: Check out the recent RS3 BTS video to find out more.

Player-Owned Ports Expansion: More islands, more adventures, more rewards.

Probably good stuff.

Quest: Bringing Home the Bacon: Yum!

Upgraded Tool Belt with New Tools: As suggested by you, via the forums.

Does not sound particularly interesting - low-level quest?

6th Age Quests 1, 2, 3 and 4: What madness will the 6th Age bring?

That's a lot of quest, should be good.

Loyalty Store Update: New stuff!

Really? Get lost.

Grouping System: A great new way to access our minigames without having to wait.

Will the minigames get useful as well? Anyway, I hope this makes SW boostable.

Halloween: Woo, scary!

Woo.

Pickpocketing Summoners: Does exactly what it says on the tin - a great way to get charms and Thieving XP.

Predicting decent thieving xp rates in the range between master farmers and room 7 at PP.

Bosses: More epic battles, including powerful loot for mages.

Elite Combat Mobs: Combat training for the toughest high-level players.

About bloody time.

New trees: New foliage that's sure to make the cut!

It's only graphics, but still cool.

Construction Rework: Build in places you'd never expect!

Could be good, good chance it's useless though, remember hidey-holes?

New bank interface: Better access to your stuff than ever before.

About bloody time.

Overall, I'm not seeing any of the updates we need, those to the combat system, adressing skill and xp balance, bots, rolling out abilities to all monsters and such. Basically, Jagex are not working on making the game interesting.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

They keep hyping RS3 and the new skills so i assume they will be here before summers end. I predict Divination and RS3 will release in July. Either at the same time or spread out 1-2 updates.

Low_C.png

I have high hopes for the construction rework. With their current system, they can turn it into an amazing skill that's just as sandboxy and open-ended as it should be. Probably the most needed update on the list.

Always glad to see that we're getting new quests. It'll probably take until the end of the year, at the earliest, to get through them. I want monthly quests :/

• Like 2

I think the fact that they mentioned "New Trees" as its own entire update, alongside the fact that trees got an overhaul literally just last year, means that they means they are adding brand-new types of trees to Woodcutting/Firemaking (lv 85/95 trees?) rather than just revamping the graphics for the current ones.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I think the fact that they mentioned "New Trees" as its own entire update, alongside the fact that trees got an overhaul literally just last year, means that they means they are adding brand-new types of trees to Woodcutting/Firemaking (lv 85/95 trees?) rather than just revamping the graphics for the current ones.

That's what i interpreted it as.

Low_C.png

That's what i interpreted it as.

Yeah that's probably right. But with HTML5, all the trees now seem a bit.. small? Could do with a few more of them and a bit bigger in size. Similar issue with the town spacing, HTML5 makes stuff look quite close together.

Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I slipped off into sarcasm at the end there, and looked over stuff that wasn't even worth commenting on (like loyalty points etc), but my general point is, READ THE DAMN BTS BEFORE YOU INSTANTLY WHINE AND CRITICISE IT. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALL THIS (to use how you describe it) "EXCLUSIVE" HIGH LEVEL STUFF, WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? This applies to everyone who complains about the favouritism of high level players.

Maybe its time to stand up cause you it looks like you have been siting on a stick.

Oh and by the way that long winded diatribe so far off base you'd need the space shuttle to connect your post to what he wrote or reality for that matter (level 95 slayer not high level...lol).

If you're gonna troll, do it right, watch the pros. 8-)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Am I the only one here who still thinks that 80+ is considered high-level but due the lifespan of the game simply more players have reached this threshold and therefore is the availability to such content more common?

• Like 4

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Why are we assuming new trees is only a graphical update and not a woodcutting update to tie into the construction update?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I slipped off into sarcasm at the end there, and looked over stuff that wasn't even worth commenting on (like loyalty points etc), but my general point is, READ THE DAMN BTS BEFORE YOU INSTANTLY WHINE AND CRITICISE IT. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALL THIS (to use how you describe it) "EXCLUSIVE" HIGH LEVEL STUFF, WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? This applies to everyone who complains about the favouritism of high level players.

Maybe its time to stand up cause you it looks like you have been siting on a stick.

Oh and by the way that long winded diatribe so far off base you'd need the space shuttle to connect your post to what he wrote or reality for that matter (level 95 slayer not high level...lol).

I don't even..

I referenced virtually every part of the BTS post to his complaint that it was another month of "high level content", in which I commented upon the updates, showing how the majority of them were not infact high level. What else did you think I was talking about..

Then, if you read my more recent posts, you'd see that I'm NOT saying 95 Slayer isn't high level. I'm saying the 81 Slayer requirement to access the dungeon is not.

As for the stick up my arse, clearly you know something that I don't. Should I wish to watch the pro's, I certainly wouldn't be watching you for advice. I would only do so should I want the opposite.

Am I the only one here who still thinks that 80+ is considered high-level but due the lifespan of the game simply more players have reached this threshold and therefore is the availability to such content more common?

I agree and bet most of the rs community would agree. Tipit just has so many high-levels (which I would include myself in) that many barely remember training skills before 90.

Sidenote: What happened to the XP-boost changing from last month? I don't remember actually seeing anything.

Hameigh.png

I agree and bet most of the rs community would agree. Tipit just has so many high-levels (which I would include myself in) that many barely remember training skills before 90.

Sidenote: What happened to the XP-boost changing from last month? I don't remember actually seeing anything.

Mod Emilee (I think) mentioned that the system took more work than expected, and had to be psotponed.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yeah, well to be fair it took me merele 14 months to get from low 60 base to 90 base and am now in 4 months only 3 base higher. However given I didn't play much past months =/.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Mod Emilee (I think) mentioned that the system took more work than expected, and had to be psotponed.

lame, that is what i was really looking forward to the most in may lol.

• Like 1

Yeah, well to be fair it took me merele 14 months to get from low 60 base to 90 base and am now in 4 months only 3 base higher. However given I didn't play much past months =/.

On the other end, you have ten year veterans that haven't reached 90 base. But of course, this is Jagex's current business strategy, if the 'high-level content' drinking game is anything to go by.

In fact,

Some critics have argued that the maturity and decline stages of the MMOG life cycle have more to do with this than the actual age of the game. The logic is that at some point developers cave to the demands of the loudest fans—usually more high-end content and boosts to their favorite playstyle - and so the raised barrier of entry makes the game far less appealing to new players.

Sounds quite familiar...

• Like 1

I don't even..

I referenced virtually every part of the BTS post to his complaint that it was another month of "high level content", in which I commented upon the updates, showing how the majority of them were not infact high level. What else did you think I was talking about..

Then, if you read my more recent posts, you'd see that I'm NOT saying 95 Slayer isn't high level. I'm saying the 81 Slayer requirement to access the dungeon is not.

As for the stick up my arse, clearly you know something that I don't. Should I wish to watch the pro's, I certainly wouldn't be watching you for advice. I would only do so should I want the opposite.

To be fair, most of what was mentioned in the BTS will definitely not be June content; they are merely mentioning a list of future updates.

From what has been confirmed to be June content, we are left with the new Ranged slayer dungeon and the new crystal key, which happens to be only obtainable through high-level means.

• Like 1

Why are we assuming new trees is only a graphical update and not a woodcutting update to tie into the construction update?

Because the highest level useful tree is at level 54 (arctic pine), and I don't think Jagex will add low-level trees.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

On the other end, you have ten year veterans that haven't reached 90 base. But of course, this is Jagex's current business strategy, if the 'high-level content' drinking game is anything to go by.

In fact,

Some critics have argued that the maturity and decline stages of the MMOG life cycle have more to do with this than the actual age of the game. The logic is that at some point developers cave to the demands of the loudest fansusually more high-end content and boosts to their favorite playstyle - and so the raised barrier of entry makes the game far less appealing to new players.

Sounds quite familiar...

I could write a book on all the dumb things Jagex have done to dig their own graves over the years. Whether or not the current state of the game would be like this so quickly is debatable, but ultimately the biggest mistakes they have made are the ones which change the game's culture, not the game's content.:

Killing off PvP in favor of PvM

Skillcapes

Releasing new training methods faster than they could release new content

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

I should probably save up for pernix!

& Cool a crystal key for high levels!

Yay hope it's going to be nice

you're too late about the pernix, it got bought out minutes after the BTS video for the slayer area announced it.

I expect the trees to be high level....and utterly useless, based on Jagex's warped perceptions to how content should be distributed and used.

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Its more about the fact that there hasnt been a new skill for 3 years. Same thing happened between summoning and dungeoneering. 2 new skills in a short amount of time will be good for the game. Definition of high level really depends on the skill. For combat skills like melee 99 definitely but playing old-school you realize the early levels aren't necessarily total cake I'd say around 90 for most skills 99 for common skills like cooking. But yea the game has been out for over 10 years. I've personally had my acc 7 or so years I got all 99s in 4 years. Now many skills have changed even more and if you look at old school you can see that its really not that bad to get a semi-decent acc within a few months so if you play for 2 years you most likely will have some good stats. Slayer dg's are always cool - would be interesting to see what kind of armor they give f2p it will maybe be in the 65-75 range.

StarViv.png