Drygores (New Quest 5/7)

Sy_Accursed

Getting to the point now where these ought to be on my shopping list so I thought I'd get some clarification:

1) Other than showing off wealth is there any use to getting all 3 pairs?

2) Which pair is considered the best? (From prices I'm assuming longswords)

3) Is there really much of a difference performance wise between the 3?

Also side question:

Outside of tanking nex gloves & boots or glacor and automaton?

Edit: New Question

Since OH (especially mace) is significantly cheaper than MH is it worth getting and using the OH alongside chaotic MHs whilst working towards the MH?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well thank you...Just need to gain at least 2 99s before Divination and new skill 2 come out to make space for teh icons.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

1) 1 set of Drygores is fine, you don't need any more than that.

2) Each have their own uses. Also make sure to use Drygore PCS or a similar FC to find the up-to-date pricing of stuff.

Rapiers are used mostly for KK.

Longswords are expensive because they're aesthetically the best - Fashionscape.

Maces are also expensive (though the offhand not so much) due to the +9 prayer bonus and its speed. Plus maces are the best if you momentum at all.

3) Overall you wont go wrong with any drygore you pick, the difference between them is something like <1% according to the PC FC's and any other advice place where this topic crops up. The only bit of performance is MHM's +9 prayer as mentioned.

So grab Drygore Maces (unless you want OHL or OHR for fashionscape) as they have perhaps the best utility out of them all.

4) Nex > Automaton/Glacor. But it depends how your bank stretches. I think Nex stuff is only slightly better anyways, but still better.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I guess maces are the best bet then and only look to get rapiers and longswords after I run out of other stuff to buy if I want to fashionscape/show off.

Thought as much with the boots/gloves just wanted to double check, been working with nex ones for mage n range and bandos for melee with aim get torva.

Ty for the info.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The main hand weapons all have the same DPS whilst using abilities. The off hand rapier and longsword are negligably better DPS than the mace (<1%). Also +9 prayer bonus is less than 5 seconds of extra pray starting at 990.

In effect don't worry about it and choose whichever ones you like the look of/are cheapest.

Asmodean <3

The off hand rapier and longsword are negligably better DPS than the mace (<1%).

Why is that? Do abilities not take in account the off-hand weapon's speed?

In which case an off-hand Chaotic rapier or longsword would be better than off-hand Drygore mace?

They take DPS into account, not actual weapon hit (if it did, Mace would have been utterly trash, since it won't do as much damage as even chaotic Long/Rapier), so having a Chaotic off hand instead of Drygore, regardless of what Chaotic and Drygore, is a bad idea.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

The off hand rapier and longsword are negligably better DPS than the mace (<1%).

Why is that? Do abilities not take in account the off-hand weapon's speed?

In which case an off-hand Chaotic rapier or longsword would be better than off-hand Drygore mace?

I am not sure why, whether it's some sort of bug or what. But lots of people have tested them, and there is a difference. The weapon speed is taken into account. An off hand other than mace is the way to go if you want to absolutely optimize your DPS. The difference is so small it's barely worth noticing. Your average crits are 30 something less damage with an offhand mace compared to rapier/ls.

Asmodean <3

New Question

Since OH (especially mace) is significantly cheaper than MH is it worth getting and using the OH alongside chaotic MHs whilst working towards the MH?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

probably. Sell the OH though when you can afford a drygore MH+chaotic OH.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Why would I downgrade the OH?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The MH contributes bulk of the damage, OH only contributes a 1/3 of it. So a MH upgrade is at least twice as powerful as a OH hand. The reason for at least is because Accuracy takes MH only into account, and OH is basically just a damage stat stick. Hence the value of the MH is much larger than an OH upgrade, by miles.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

I get that, but I still don't see why if I bought the OH first to upgrade my gear a bit I'd then sell the OH and downgrade to chaotics when I got the MH. Even if MH contributes more than OH surely drygore OH > Chaotic OH for overall dps.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

He is probably suggesting that as soon as you get enough for the MH after you resell the OH, get it, then rebuy the OH later.

tim_chenw2.png

Oh I see as in:

Cash + OH = Enough for MH

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yes, or at least I assume so (And that would be what I would do also)

tim_chenw2.png

AFAIK you'll only benefit from the damage of the OH, not its accuracy. (Octarine was telling me it was something like that when I was asking about MH and OH etc). So best advice I guess is to buy OHM, then sell it when you can afford (cash+OH price) the MH as said above.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Also +9 prayer bonus is less than 5 seconds of extra pray starting at 990.

Tested using what?

I just tried it out for myself using Soul Split + Turmoil, and with 9 Prayer bonus, it took ~111 seconds for my prayer to run out starting from 990.

With 0 Prayer bonus, it took 99 seconds. That's 12 seconds difference.

I'd be more interested in seeing the difference during a Prayer renewal dose though, using more accurate setup, I reckon the increase in length of prayers will probably increase more dramatically.

tim_chenw2.png

I'd be more interested in seeing the difference during a Prayer renewal dose though, using more accurate setup, I reckon the increase in length of prayers will probably increase more dramatically.

Unless they've changed how renews work significantly, your actual drain rate is irrelevant to how much they restore/how much they decrease the apparent drain rate, and you can just look at it as a 500ish point dose of restore over 5 minutes.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Also +9 prayer bonus is less than 5 seconds of extra pray starting at 990.

Tested using what?

I just tried it out for myself using Soul Split + Turmoil, and with 9 Prayer bonus, it took ~111 seconds for my prayer to run out starting from 990.

With 0 Prayer bonus, it took 99 seconds. That's 12 seconds difference.

I believe that prayer bonus still has diminishing returns (the 0-10 bonus will provide better prayer drain improvements than 11-20 bonus). So if you have best gear already you should have 10ish prayer bonus for 12 seconds saved, the next 10 ish prayer bonus should only save 5 seconds.

But seeing as you'll get the same dps with the other drygores you might as well spend the cash for the extra prayer saved.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Wioneo tested this, and 9 Prayer bonus gave you an extra 11 seconds with Turm + Soul Split, and adding a further 9 Prayer bonus (18) gave an extra 11 seconds as well, suggesting that it was linear.