Report Your Divination XP Rates

bhim

I'm one of those people who loves numbers and knowing how much exp in an hour I can get. Last night, just for fun I was recording my experience gains by the hour doing the quick hopping method, and today after the nerf I've recorded every hour I've played as well. It would be great if people could record the amount of exp they gain per hour at different tiers so that we can compile a list of averages and get a better idea of what types of exp rates we should be getting per hour. I'll compile all the numbers and put them in the OP here.

When you report, please name the following:

- Tier you are at (if T6 or T8 make sure you mention whether it is before or after 55/75, as the additional energy earned after these levels may prove to make a difference)

- Any oddities, such as the glitch that doesn't let you harvest enriched memories from normal springs, or if you fit more than 3 enriched springs into your hour by quick hopping or taking a break, etc. In general, an hour's log should consist of only 3 enriched spring resets (resets occur at :00, :20, and :40)

- How much experience you earned during the hour (doesn't have to be exact, but to the thousand would be great; please don't spitball though)

- What method you used (always option 2, sometimes option 3, etc)

- Any additional comments.

I train by using the 3rd option every time I deposit, which usually means that about half of my memories earn me enhanced exp, and the other half become second option exp. If you use a different method (only option 2, or you've bought energy and always get option 3 exp), please mention that in your report.

I hope you all will join me in this endeavor, it shouldn't be more difficult than recording your starting exp and ending after the hour, so hopefully others will help out.

Also, if you used the qh method pre-nerf, feel free to report your exp for that as well. At T7, I was earning ~41k/hr, and at T8 approximately 50k/hr, but it is very possible that I was training inefficiently as my post-nerf rates are not much worse.

Anyway, sorry about the essay, onto the rates:

MIne were, for T8:

-Hour 1: 47k

-Hour 2: 47k

-Hour 3: 49k (hit level 75 during this hour)

-Hour 4: 49k

-Hour 5: 49k

-Hour 6: 50k (took a half hour break this hour, so got a fourth enriched spring)

-Hour 7: 52k

-Hour 8: 50k

-Average: ~49k/hr

OVERALL

T8 (70-79): ~49k/hr

Enriched energy from normal springs is not a glitch. You are supposed to receive some of them from regular springs as you level within each tier, with the amount increasing as you level within them.

Edit: Just wanted to add that this thread is a good idea. I'll try and contribute!

At levels ending in 1 and 2 (51,52,61,62...) you receive enriched at a dramatically reduced rate

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I'm referring to the glitch (it might not be a glitch but it doesn't seem like it can be just bad luck) by which a player may go dozens of inventories (the few times it happened to me it was around 15 or more inventories before I'd get frustrated and stop playing for a while, but I imagine it can go on for several minutes, maybe hours) without harvesting a single enriched memory from a normal wisp.

Most people that reported it were getting enriched memories before at a presumably normal rate.

I'm referring to the glitch (it might not be a glitch but it doesn't seem like it can be just bad luck) by which a player may go dozens of inventories (the few times it happened to me it was around 15 or more inventories before I'd get frustrated and stop playing for a while, but I imagine it can go on for several minutes, maybe hours) without harvesting a single enriched memory from a normal wisp.

Most people that reported it were getting enriched memories before at a presumably normal rate.

That is the same glitch as Yuj is talking about....

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

"- Tier you are at (if T6 or T8 make sure you mention whether it is before or after 55/75, as the additional energy earned after these levels may prove to make a difference)"

What is this even meant to be referring too?

There's nothing special or unique about T6 or T8 or level 55 and 75.

The only unique ones are T9-12 as they occur at lvl 80, 85, 90 and 95.

Also surely it is important part of the report to say which option was used when depositing? Seeing as option 1 wipes off like 95% of the xp, option 2 is 'normal' and option 3 gives like 15% more xp; regardless of if they used option 3 like you did.

And yeah Yuj etc have the glitch right as it stands the first level of a tier is giving faaar more enriched than it should whilst 2nd and 3rd levels are giving next to nothing before the 4th level finally gets back to the normal rate. Jmods have recognised this glitch and are working on it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

"- Tier you are at (if T6 or T8 make sure you mention whether it is before or after 55/75, as the additional energy earned after these levels may prove to make a difference)"

What is this even meant to be referring too?

At level 55 onwards you gain 2 energys per harvest opposed to 1. At 75 this increases to 3.

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

didn't see yuj's post until after I had made mine; i was responding to flabberwocky. sorry for the confusion.

Also surely it is important part of the report to say which option was used when depositing? Seeing as option 1 wipes off like 95% of the xp, option 2 is 'normal' and option 3 gives like 15% more xp; regardless of if they used option 3 like you did.

I did mention that as well, in the sentence after I made the list. I'll mention it in the list too in case anyone just skims the topic over.

Please also report if you did with or without energies =3!

I tracked 1h at level 75 and I got 40k/h aprox w/o energies...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Tier 9 is 51k xp an hour without energy and on T8 I wasn't getting anywhere near 49k xp an hour unless I was QHing

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

I timed another hour at 76 and got aprox 50k that hour without the use of energy ;D!

Account Help

Tier 9 is 51k xp an hour without energy and on T8 I wasn't getting anywhere near 49k xp an hour unless I was QHing

Do you have more specific numbers for non-qh T8 rates? I was honestly very very surprised that I was achieving similar experience post-nerf.

Also 51k/hr w/o energy seems about right. Based on very crude math using my 49k figure, experience at 80+ using energy half the time should be about 54k/hr so that seems reasonable.

I timed another hour at 76 and got aprox 50k that hour without the use of energy ;D!

That's very interesting. Is there anything you're doing that's different than how I said I've been training? I'm interested to see how much you get with energy, perhaps I haven't been training optimally.

Do you have more specific numbers for non-qh T8 rates? I was honestly very very surprised that I was achieving similar experience post-nerf.

Also 51k/hr w/o energy seems about right. Based on very crude math using my 49k figure, experience at 80+ using energy half the time should be about 54k/hr so that seems reasonable.

That's very interesting. Is there anything you're doing that's different than how I said I've been training? I'm interested to see how much you get with energy, perhaps I haven't been training optimally.

Meh, all I can think of is that I managed to get more chronicles in a shorter time.

Account Help

My advice to people at T9 do NOT grab chron unless you need the xp for hunt. I've notice I'm getting 55k xp an hour without energy now. which is an increase of 4k xp per hour :P (Also 81-84 I noticed I was getting around 4 enrich an invent on average)

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

TL:DR - Level 52 with boon, energy+memory, enriched wells: 26,840 xp/hour

At level 52 with Boon here's my research based on 10 rounds (used stopwatch, tracked lap time, noted if enriched popped up each round, saved energy for total after 10 rounds)

Energy (En): 6 xp

Memory (M): 20.9 xp

Energy Memory (EnM): +5.1 xp / 5 energy

Enriched Memory (XM): +26.9 xp (20.9 turn in + 6 gathering)

26 slots took on average 2 min 00 secs to fill and deposit.

Each round nets 37.8 energy on average.

Each round nets 1 enriched memory on average (+20.9 xp)

Formula: (M*20.9 xp + E*6 xp + EnM/5*5.1 xp + XM*26.9 xp) * (60 min/ min per round)

Calculating: (26 * 20.9xp + 37.8 * 6xp + 37.8 / 5 * 5.1xp + 1*26.9xp) * (60/2) =835.7 xp round or 25,070 xp/hour

If you catch an enriched well, expect about 20 enriched memories (+20.9) and 29 energy bonus (+6 xp) which adds 592 xp every 20 minutes.

Edit: Just did the same at Level 53, no change in numbers. In addition, if you go after chronicles, consider if your turn around time to turn them in is worth it. If not, consider collecting them for hunter xp and destroying all 10 when you get that many to keep collecting.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

To be honest I know only of 2 locations where it isn't worth it to collect Chronicles and turn them in.

These locations are South of Sophanem and Dragontooth Island.

All other locations have a relative swift return possibility:

Level 1 spot: Amulet of Glory -> Teleport to Draynor -> run to site.

Level 10 spot: Falador Teleport Tablet -> Falador square -> Run to site.

Level 20 spot: Two options here: Ardougne cloak tele -> Run to site [or] talk to the druid -> tele to automaton room -> exit at cracked door -> run to site.

Level 30 spot: Digistie pendant -> run to site.

Level 40 spot: Tokkul-Zo -> Run to fairy ring -> Zanaris -> Slayer cave -> at site.

Level 50 spot: Tokkul-Zo -> Run to fairy ring -> Zanaris -> South of tai bwo wannai -> run to site [or] Graak teleport -> run to site.

Level 60 spot: Duel ring to Mobilising armies tele -> at site.

Level 70 spot: Slayer ring -> Slayer tower -> Run to site.

Level 80 spot: Tokkul-Zo -> run to fairy ring -> Polypore Dungeon -> Run to site.

Level 95 spot: Tokkul-Zo etc...

Account Help

To be honest I know only of 2 locations where it isn't worth it to collect Chronicles and turn them in.

These locations are South of Sophanem and Dragontooth Island.

All other locations have a relative swift return possibility:

Level 1 spot: Amulet of Glory -> Teleport to Draynor -> run to site.

Level 10 spot: Falador Teleport Tablet -> Falador square -> Run to site.

Level 20 spot: Two options here: Ardougne cloak tele -> Run to site [or] talk to the druid -> tele to automaton room -> exit at cracked door -> run to site.

Level 30 spot: Digistie pendant -> run to site.

Level 40 spot: Tokkul-Zo -> Run to fairy ring -> Zanaris -> Slayer cave -> at site.

Level 50 spot: Tokkul-Zo -> Run to fairy ring -> Zanaris -> South of tai bwo wannai -> run to site [or] Graak teleport -> run to site.

Level 60 spot: Duel ring to Mobilising armies tele -> at site.

Level 70 spot: Slayer ring -> Slayer tower -> Run to site.

Level 80 spot: Tokkul-Zo -> run to fairy ring -> Polypore Dungeon -> Run to site.

Level 95 spot: Tokkul-Zo etc...

Level 40: Slayer ring -> Slayer caves

Level 50: I'm not sure this one is worth it unless you use nature altar tablets, or for just a few times/day with wicked hood -> nature altar

Oddish mentioned that ectophial was good enough for the level 85 spot. You could also conceivably do Khazard tele -> charter to Phasmatys -> boat to Dragontooth, but that costs I think 3k or something.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

There's a debate wither it's worth handing in the fragments or not. Most people on HLF came to the conclusion that doing it past 80 was pointless. By the time you've caught them (providing other people are attempting to catch them as well) It's not worth it unless you know you've got the best PID. The xp @ 80+ is enough to cover the travel time, which is why it's only worth catching them if you need hunter xp, which I found destroying was more efficient than handing them in.

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png