Aiel's EoC Tribrid DKs Guide

Aiel

Yes, IF you have fremenik boots 4. Otherwise you'll be losing out on ~800k gp/hr in bones. Pig is better then a tortoise right?

I believe when fully upgraded yes it is.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

About how many kills/trip do you get with this method? I use a pretty different set-up, but I've been looking to try range armour.

Also, if you don't mind a few comments... (My gear set-up is different, so these might not even affect you)

I avoid using ricochet and bombardment against prime, in-case it hits supreme (assuming he's spawned already).

Using Death's swiftness at the beginning of Prime kills is really nice, and I usually get a 4k+ snipe hit right off the bat

I find ring of vigour pretty useful since I use a lot of ultimates

Debilitate (defensive threshold) is nice against supreme.

Also, I'm not sure if you do or not, but picking up hides adds another little chunk to your profits (I think they're 4-5kea atm).

Picture4-2.png 7QKmX.jpg
Jagiella.png

I get around 100+-10 KPH. So like 700 per trip max but I usually only do 2-2.5 hour trips as I've been doing them for slayer lately. I don't have that problem with range AOEs as supreme isn't usually spawned when Im killing prime (my kill order is supreme->prime->rex). Not sure on vigour, I haven't used it since EOC. I only have adrenaline for one ultimate per kill cycle, and I'd say deaths swiftness>sunshine if you have t80/90 range and mage and sunshine>deaths swiftness with t80 mage and t90 range Ill update that in the guide once finals are over. I'd pick up hides if I wasn't so damn lazy.

That debilitate tip is good if you find yourself taking a lot of damage on supreme, Ive never used it and I only use SS for healing, but for non t90 melees Im sure it'd be great. 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I only have Chaotics and Barrows at the moment (Well i have Deathlotus Coif and Chaps, Tetsu Helm and Legs). So would i be using DL Chaps and Coif with Karil Body? And will i still do fine using this with Chaotics? Should i shove some food in my yak just incase?

I mean i could take a shield with me and use Rejuv every now and then, but i guess that would totally kill my dps.

You should bring some extra food, presumably. Taking a shield shouldn't be necessary, try to strike a killing blow using the new hp basic ability sometimes.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Death lotus/karil is a perfectly fine combo. I was doing well in full karil.

Using a shield is a waste, don't even :p

I always bring full yak of rocktails(massive overkill) just in case bad things happen.

Penance aura + t3 reverence and ~5 super restores should do for prayer for a 2 hour trip(if you have no attention span for longer like me).

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Death lotus/karil is a perfectly fine combo. I was doing well in full karil.

Using a shield is a waste, don't even :P

I always bring full yak of rocktails(massive overkill) just in case bad things happen.

Penance aura + t3 reverence and ~5 super restores should do for prayer for a 2 hour trip(if you have no attention span for longer like me).

Were you using t90 or t80 weapons?

I went with the Death Lotus/Karil combo, and to be honest, i was not having a very easy time. Most of the time the next King would spawn about 2 or 3 attacks before i managed to kill the previous one. I couldn't rely on SS as main healing because i kept getting hit in the 1000's, sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row. I felt like the damage i was doing wasn't enough to provide decent healing. After an hour i had already emptied my entire yak, and was relying on Shark drops.

My ability bars are as suggested. I was even in a low populated world at the time (~200 people).

Also, in the hour and a half trip i did, i managed to only kill 96 Kings. 

So i think either i'm doing something extremely wrong, or my weapons are duds.

try bringing a melee plate/legs switch for supreme

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

try bringing a melee plate/legs switch for supreme

Yeah he was actually the only one that gave me a lot of trouble, to be honest. I'd take a bit longer on him than the rest, cause my rotation to flop.

Thanks a lot.

I have dual drygores, royal crossbow and chaotic staff.

At first i used really low populated worlds so i got used to the rotation& switches. But yeah supreme can be a pain in the arse. In higher populated worlds i often turmoiled him. Try to save adrenaline for him so you can treshold him asap.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Id leave the seasinger in the bank and only bring plate/legs switches.

DM0Yq2c.png

how bad is it if I just bonecrush/demonhorn the bones.  (too lazy)

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

800k to 1.2m per hour bad

DM0Yq2c.png

If you are telling us to wear ranged gloves/boots in order to maximize our Magic and Ranged defences, why aren't Glaiven boots and Tracking gloves even an option?

Wouldn't they give you more armour against Magic and Ranged than Pernix/Arma ones? Or is the damage increase from Pernix/Arma really important when killing Prime?

On a different note, would someone have the time to make a video guide based on this?

I think that having both a video guide and a written guide would help even more people, since some people (such as myself) would understand much better by seeing it in action instead of reading a text guide.

at high stats the extra defense is not needed, so extra damage should be prioritized. As your safe kill speed (not getting spawned on to the point where you need food) is determined by your slowest king, by increasing your lowest combat styles DPS you increase your KPH more then the base percent increase in DPS would indicate, assuming you know what world population you can safely hold and can find a open world of the correct population.

Unfortunately Im not active, nor do I have a fast enough computer to make a video to accompany the guide. If someone else wants to (Ambler hint hint hint hint hint), much good juju will be sent their way.

• Like 2

DM0Yq2c.png

Id probably use subj over spined. 

DM0Yq2c.png

new darts fall between chaotic and asc obviously. OH asc got worse, MH got better comparatively. New ring is probably worth using, new cape probably isnt. Sacrifice is worth using at the end of kills. /monthly guide update

DM0Yq2c.png

8/10? I believe that means you owe me 80% of your hourly DK profits. PAY UP!

• Like 2

DM0Yq2c.png

• 4 weeks later...

someone with at least MH asc+pernix/DL+drygores+cstaff want to see if DKs are still possible to tribrid?

DM0Yq2c.png