Premier Club Newsletter

Howlin0001

Welcome to the latest edition of the Premier Club Newsletter!

All the latest news on what's hitting RuneScape in the next couple of months. Discover the next evolution of the Barrows and see what else to expect in the wake of the Battle of Lumbridge.    

You may have noticed that you've received a gift recently. As a thank you to you, our loyal Premier Club members, we've given you every gamecard-exclusive piece of content, totally free!

• Sinister clown mask - brand new and just in time for Halloween! Take on the guise of a seriously creepy clown - This will be available from Thursday 24th October.
  • Bloodpouncer - your new pet can forage for items and perform a range of emotes as it grows from baby to adolescent to adult.
  • Aurora armour - inspired by the rising sun, this red-hot cosmetic armour comes with the fiery aurora blade.
  • Skypouncer outfit - dress like the fearsome feline pet, complete with cape.
  • Capoeira outfit - taking inspiration by the Brazilian martial art, use this outfit to invite any other player to perform a unique two-person emote!

Coming up in RuneScape:

Barrows 2 - Super Barrio Brothers    

The Barrows brothers are back in an all-new dungeon! They're tougher than ever before - but Barrows loot is more valuable too.

• You'll need a special new item to access this new dungeon, hidden beneath the existing Barrows Dungeon
  • Take on three brothers at once alongside fellow adventurers. Defeat them before another three join the fight!
  • Survive and you'll enter a one-on-one fight with their leader. Win, and there's the chance you'll pick up a piece of brand new level 90 armour and shields, available for all classes.

Access this new high-level Dungeon in November.

Even more amazing content to look forward to    

• Harbingers of Tuska. A brand new high-level Slayer creature, capable of ranged and melee attacks. Take it down and you've got a chance of bagging a segment of a broken mask. Reassemble a mask for XP in a choice of skills!
  • Lumbridge Rebuildathon. Pick up the pieces of Lumbridge and use it to rebuild what once was! Band together with the rest of the RuneScape community to hunt for resources and return Lumbridge to its former glory.
  •  Christmas Event. We can't release any details on our annual festive event just yet - watch this space...

So does that mean the Lumbridge rebuilding won't be released until next month?

howlin1eeveesig.png

This already got posted in update teasers discussion like all the previous letters were.

Given it's halloween event and will be running during runefest logic would dictate it'll be out next week for the usual 1 week before 1 week after timing with runefest neatly in the middle.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

heh, I specifically protested gold members for not including the bloodpouncer, and now, several months after i decided not to get it, they finally relent

it's a good gesture but way too late to get more people to buy in

could you imagine how much more they would have gotten? it would have been like a season pass. "pay now and get all of the promotional items for this year!" people would be lining up in droves

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

You may have noticed that you've received a gift recently. As a thank you to you, our loyal Premier Club members, we've given you every gamecard-exclusive piece of content, totally free!

• Sinister clown mask - brand new and just in time for Halloween! Take on the guise of a seriously creepy clown - This will be available from Thursday 24th October.
  • Bloodpouncer - your new pet can forage for items and perform a range of emotes as it grows from baby to adolescent to adult.
  • Aurora armour - inspired by the rising sun, this red-hot cosmetic armour comes with the fiery aurora blade.
  • Skypouncer outfit - dress like the fearsome feline pet, complete with cape.
  • Capoeira outfit - taking inspiration by the Brazilian martial art, use this outfit to invite any other player to perform a unique two-person emote!

Hnnnnnggggg

Good thing I went and unlocked the Bloodpouncer and Aurora outfit on my noobier character instead of unlocking them on my main.

level...90....shields....

....HNNNNNNNNG.

because shields are SOOOO USEFUL 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

It would be more accurate for Jagex to scrap the Premier Newsletter, and instead institute a "Super-wealthy club". Where they can talk about all the updates that are allegedly for everyone/high levels but only super rich people can actually enjoy/access (Vorago/Tectonic/Seismic/Sirenic). 

It will most likely be the level melee set, and probably be as inacessible to most players as Tectonic/Sirenic is.

Hopefully. The game needs high level content and by its very nature it will be inaccessible to most. I can't afford ascensions, seismics, or any of the t90 gear, but I don't think that means its bad to have updates that cater to those groups. The only issue I have is how boss-centric it all is. It took quite a while to get skiller armours like pop and then they started replacing it so soon afterwards. The issue isn't that its so expensive, the issue is that skilling makes so much less than bossing that skillers can't afford it. 

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

level...90....shields....

....HNNNNNNNNG.

because shields are SOOOO USEFUL 

I'm a defence fanatic, so yes, for me it is cool. go back to efficiencyplaying. 

DW is better defensively then a shield. It'd be great of shields were useful/necessary for pvm, but as of now they're only useful for their abilities in a few places where jagex has forced them to be useful. Hopefully we'll get tier 90 barrows set effects that will make them useful.

• Like 1

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

It will most likely be the level melee set, and probably be as inacessible to most players as Tectonic/Sirenic is.

Hopefully. The game needs high level content and by its very nature it will be inaccessible to most. I can't afford ascensions, seismics, or any of the t90 gear, but I don't think that means its bad to have updates that cater to those groups. The only issue I have is how boss-centric it all is. It took quite a while to get skiller armours like pop and then they started replacing it so soon afterwards. The issue isn't that its so expensive, the issue is that skilling makes so much less than bossing that skillers can't afford it. 

Yes it is a bad thing. Expecting people to save up for 3.6b for T90 wands/orbs is ridiculous. It's not comparable at all to getting PoP (which were reasonable). It's one thing to give high-levels something to work for, it's another to have items that are worth 3.6B.

Yes it is a bad thing. Expecting people to save up for 3.6b for T90 wands/orbs is ridiculous. It's not comparable at all to getting PoP (which were reasonable). It's one thing to give high-levels something to work for, it's another to have an items that are worth 3.6B.

it's not ridiculous that tier 90 is 3.6b, it's ridiculous that t90 mage is 3.6b, while t90 melee is 150m and range is 450m. It undermines all the balancing (lol) of EoC.

• Like 1

DM0Yq2c.png

Yes it is a bad thing. Expecting people to save up for 3.6b for T90 wands/orbs is ridiculous. It's not comparable at all to getting PoP (which were reasonable). It's one thing to give high-levels something to work for, it's another to have an items that are worth 3.6B.

it's not ridiculous that tier 90 is 3.6b, it's ridiculous that t90 mage is 3.6b, while t90 melee is 150m and range is 450m. It undermines all the balancing (lol) of EoC.

Partially agreed. If they made melee and range at T90 3.6b too, that wouldn't be better, it would be worse. The point is that, people should actually be able to reasonably get items for their tier. 

I actually hope T99 Weaps/arm is obtained akin to PoP =/

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

That problem is a bit deeper than the EoC, really. It's one thing for all items to have equal stats and another for the methods of obtaining them to be equal. For skills alone you need 95 fletching to make a level 60 shieldbow but only 90 slayer to get the T70 one, while 93 crafting lets you make both T90 ranged power armor and T65 ranged tank armor, and at 90 smithing you can make the full T85 melee set but only the medium helm from the T50 set. Meanwhile, you only need ~120 combat to start getting T70 equipment for every style from the barrows, and you don't really have to replace that unless you want to.

I actually hope T99 Weaps/arm is obtained akin to PoP =/

Agreed.

The best equips should ALWAYS be obtained through means other than random boss drops. Otherwise, it's far too easy for the 1% to completely manipulate and control the economy on them. Jagex doesn't understand balance at all, which is why they consistently release bosses with drop rates that are too low for their difficulty/time per kill and GE prices that are FAR too low to use the GE so they remain stagnant and never update.

POP was the perfect design-- and I say that even though I am miles away from being able to get any of the POP armors. It combined grinding a minigame with having relatively high skills. T99 gear should be-- HAS TO BE -- obtained through some kind of minigame, combined with some assortment of level 99 production skills. It's totally fine for it to take 3-6 months of that minigame to get the item. I'm OKAY with that. Because that's still far more realistic than expecting anybody who didn't luck into rares or stake/merch their way to the top to ever obtain 2.6 BILLION for one item. And before anyone says "DERRRRP DA BEST GEARZ SHUD NOT BE USD BAI NUBS!!!11!" requiring 99 crafting or smithing alone for the gear keeps it out of the hands of "nubs." Those are NOT easy skills to get 99 in, especially now that bots are gone and resource costs are through the roof.

I just wonder what this new Barrows gear will be like... I mean, we already have t90 tank armor and t90 power armor... What else can we get? I am afraid it is going to have a significant impact on Nex armor, ruining that boss.

Ideas for new set effects:

Verac: 33% chance your melee attacks and abilities complely ignore your target's defense/block chance.

Dharok: As your HP drops, your strength increases significantly and you gain extra adrenaline when you attack. Your strength gains are double the normal set bonus and you gain an additional 2.5% adrenaline per attack, per 10% HP lost. At 10% HP you do 400% extra damage and each attack generates 25% adrenaline.

Guthan: Each attack heals 10% of the damage inflicted.

Torag: 50% chance with each successful attack to damage the opponent's armor, increasing damage sustained and reducing defense/block change by 5%. This effect stacks upon itself and lasts 10 seconds. Stacks are removed individually.

Ahrim: 10% chance for each magic attack to inflict bleed damage over 10 seconds equal to 25% of the damage inflicted by that attack. This damage-over-time effect can stack upon itself up to 5 times, and each new stack added resets the timer.

Karil: Each attack has a 33% chance to be followed by another, immediate attack.

I have no idea what Akrisae does ;..;

4NIrZ.png

Just to give you an idea of how idiotic the current economy is and how easily the super-wealthy manipulate it, just consider last night. Bows were around 250M each (Ascensions). All the super-wealthy decided that their stacks of however many billions that they had weren't enough and that they needed more, so what did they do? They all bought pairs of Ascension bows. Because they anticipated *some* renewed demand (because of Sirenic). Due to their buyout, Ascensions shot up 50-60M for each bow (the bows are 310-320 each now). So they all sold it for 100-120M profit off each bow. For doing what? Absolutely nothing. They made more money from those bows than the people who actually do all the hard work by buying/getting keys and camping Legionaires in order to bring the bows into the game. At least the Camper is actually expending effort and producing a good for the RS community. And he makes less money than a bunch of organized super-wealthy people who make a killing for 5 minutes worth of work. Ridiculous. That's the definition of parasitism. They basically manipulate prices all the time, making things hard to get for normal players (everyone who wanted bows had to pay 100-120M extra). It's essentially holding goods hostage so they can steal money from people who actually produce stuff in RS. That's how it works. So, yes, **** their hoarding and manipulation.

• Like 4