Cabin Failure?

Bellatrix

When ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅCabin FeverÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

ahhh... the forgettable tale of a drunken dwarf, i love that quest... anyway, back on topic i think i agree with you, i think they should've made it harder, although if they did, then people would be stuck on the ship with no way to get off but teleing, which they may not have... so you understand that they couldn't make it too long or hard, unless they made it in kind of sections...like most of the long quests are...

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

There is already a way to get out from the ship. If im not wrong, then you can use that option then you talk to Bill (your captain) - "sail home" or somthing like that.

In addition, If there was a time limit before the ship sinks, you could always get back that way also (+ some minor damage).

L.Bellatrix.png

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Yeah, this quest was one of the most disappointing update ever.

As it was released i ran checking the introduction page and both the requirements and the plot sounded like great fun. I was realy happy back then. Then i started the quest. 15 mins later(maybe something less actualy) it was finished. Would have been 5 mins if i hadn't to wait the plunder respawn. That was probably the most boring quest ever, trapped in a small enviroment (2 ships) doing silly, mechanical tasks the cap'n explains as you were a 2years old kid...No risks, no brain involved...all totaly unrealistic...Reward was somehow nice for the tiny effort, in exp, but the pirate outfit is highly questionable, aswell as the coutlasses...

You have to face the fact that Jaggy's updates in the last 6 months are either useless/pointless or, if coming from a good idea, sadly rushed, and the quests simply embarassing. I fail to see anything thrilling or interesting in the last 6 months, while in the previous 6 we had great , and i mean GREAT updates (Slayer, Barrows, Ancient magics, Farming, Abyss Rcing and so on..) and GREAT quests (desert treasure and the Plague city/Elves series).

I don't know if they changed their staff or, as you can read in their main site, if their best brains are working on their brand new game whose development was planned to start in the last part of 2005....

Either ways, overall quality of RS updates has gone downhill....And according to this month's previews, things ain't getting any better...(ok they can please noobs with new trails, but come on...it's just the same old stuff...how long could it take them to implement such a thing?) and the new monster...is just a monster...I realy wonder how they are spending their hours recently...

My opinion is, that cannon bursting must be more rare (if you do things right), but make a sever damage both (up to 30 hp, for example), both to you and other nearby players.

so that noobs can deliberatley blow it up in your face in an attempt to kill you? why yes! what a good plan...

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

Before the 'Rum Deal' quest came out, I was expecting a grand pirate adventure, where you would sail to a tropical island with rope brigdes and go into a skull cave to get some treasure, while in there you would fight hordes of undead pirates. That would be real fun.

What did we get? A quest island where we just had to make some rum for a pirate. Seriously, Jagex need to research these things before making boring quests.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

My opinion is, that cannon bursting must be more rare (if you do things right), but make a sever damage both (up to 30 hp, for example), both to you and other nearby players.

so that noobs can deliberatley blow it up in your face in an attempt to kill you? why yes! what a good plan...

The one who blows the cannon takes the deadliest damage himself (As always happen in explosive blows). So, in most cases the noob will kill himself first.

L.Bellatrix.png

The entire quest was basically an escape tactic in my opinion.

Besides... its just building on another quest. They are going to expand on the island, obviously.

It was just another quest that gives all players (especially the low lvls) something to do. They already have more then enough to do... but Jagex are kind of predictable in that respect.

Personally... I liked the quest. It took like a whole five minutes to do, but the outfits I liked.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Yeah, this quest was one of the most disappointing update ever.

Until next week, right? And the week after that, and... Perhaps the updates truly are bad, and I'm just blind, but you say that, or something like it, after pretty much every update.

Regardless, I liked this update. It was short, fun, and introduced some interesting scenery. I view it kind of on par with Devious Minds, which was also just short and fun despite its requirements.

I also liked ME2, cause it was hard and long. I also liked Forgettable Tale, cause it had an interesting puzzle.

What're you gonna do... just appreciate each update for what it is, there is some good in all of them.

Besides... its just building on another quest. They are going to expand on the island, obviously.

It was just another quest that gives all players (especially the low lvls) something to do. They already have more then enough to do... but Jagex are kind of predictable in that respect.

Personally... I liked the quest. It took like a whole five minutes to do, but the outfits I liked.

Well... the low levels couldn't exactly do this quest when there are some pretty big reqs, not to mention the level 150+ monster in the reqired quest rum deal, and all it's reqs, too (40 farming -.-). So basically Jagex designed it for higher levels, but failed miserably to make it in any way challenging. It's certainly worth the time, but is definatly lacking.

My guess this is just the beginning of a pirate style quest line, I mean we had rum deal then Cabin Fever. If you look at the Island it is very incomplete, so I would think that this will be expanded, but hopefully they take their time and make these quests fun and worthwhile.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

Well... the low levels couldn't exactly do this quest when there are some pretty big reqs, not to mention the level 150+ monster in the reqired quest rum deal, and all it's reqs, too (40 farming -.-). So basically Jagex designed it for higher levels, but failed miserably to make it in any way challenging. It's certainly worth the time, but is definatly lacking.

I was referring to Cabin Fever. The quest requirements were slightly high, but those levels are easy to get.

As for the Rum Deal... Anyone can do it since its requirement is 47 Prayer. As long as you can do damage to the demon, you can do the quest. The Farming Requirement is nothing. There are other quests that add to your level (plus factor in Juna, if Farming is your lowest skill).

Only thing hard to get for the Rum Deal would be the Prayer, I guess. Wasn't really talking about that though.

EDIT: And nevermind, I see why you mentioned Rum Deal now. I need a little more time to wake up. I'm oblivious to skill and quest requirements today, for some reason.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

The one who blows the cannon takes the deadliest damage himself (As always happen in explosive blows). So, in most cases the noob will kill himself first.

So that would give a bit of danger. So what?

Lately I get a kindergarten feeling from the new quests. You can f*** up as many times as you like, with no danger or penalty at all. The NPC`s just forget. And every step is explained in detail. I like the storylines but its aimed at little kids of no more than 8 years old and level requirements that any decent player passes after he has played a month or so.

Maybe this is to build up a pirate themed mini-game? There is a suggestion with that idea in mind. If implanted well, could be well worth the boring updates that was recently.

Argggggghhh, let's raid some trade ships, matey.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it