Armour penalties?

Leoo

I'm currently slaying Abyssal Demons and using Tetsu because I want the highest lifepoint bonus. Their weakness is magic... if I was to switch melee weapony to mage, are there any 'hidden' penalties that would impact my damage output? I say hidden because I don't see this on the loadout interface. I don't have access to full Seasinger yet, but I want the highest defence possible but with the highest damage output.

EDIT: A better example of what I'm trying to get at:

At the moment I'm trying to get my attack and strength level up so this is the attack style I'm going to be using wherever possible when slaying. So let's say the monster attacks with magic, I would want to use range tank armour to provide the best defence bonus but attack with melee for the best damage bonus (disregarding the monster's weaknesses).

EDIT 2: Did some research on wikia and my question has been answered! Feel free to add useful information and advice if you will. Also the reason why I couldn't see reductions with my damage accurary on the loadout interface is because I was using the same class armour for the same class weapon (accidental!) :oops:

Thanks in advance!

Body, legs, an shield slot only effect your accuracy and damage.

If you want to melee, use melee weapons and a tetsu plate and legs. If the monster you are fighting attacks with magic, you can wear a range helm, gloves, and boots, and that will not impact your melee accuracy or damage.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Abby demons are weak to slash anyway. Not quite sure where you came up with weak to Magic.

Very true. Was just following a strategy guide in which magic (3x3 spells) is used and seems to be very fast method for killing them so just asummed it to be a weakness, or a least an effective slaying method.

I didn't think armor penalties were a thing anymore? ie: you could wear range outfit when meleeing, or other? Is this mistaken? I thought combat was fully based off of the weapon's accuracy and damage, with the only exception being power armor, such as bandos. 

Is this out of date? Or just bad information?

I didn't think armor penalties were a thing anymore? ie: you could wear range outfit when meleeing, or other? Is this mistaken? I thought combat was fully based off of the weapon's accuracy and damage, with the only exception being power armor, such as bandos. 

Is this out of date? Or just bad information?

This is entirely wrong.

Since the day eoc launched it has been the case that mismatching classes nerfs damage and accuracy.

There has never been a time when this was not true, it is the precise reason hybrid and all class items exist

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't know the penalties and can't find information about this. Can someone tell me about how they work or give me a link to the information so I can read up on it? I have always used armor that matches my attach style because I knew this was the case, but it would be good to know how the penalties are calculated.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

I don't know if there is any solid data on how exactly it is calculated, but is pretty simple:

It looks at body, legs and shield slot only.

If it is All, Hybrid or matches your weapon class nothing happens.

If it is 1 of the 2 classes that do not match your weapon your accuracy and damage get nerfed downwards enough that it noticeable dents your dps.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you are attacking with melee, you HAVE to wear a melee legs, a melee plate, and either another melee offhand weapon or a melee shield, otherwise your damage and accuracy is going to be down something like 50%

You can wear ANY helm, gloves, boots, cape, or ammy. They do not effect accuracy or damage when doing hybrid combat, with the exception of power armor.

Power armor only provides a damage boost if you are using the correct combat style. Wearing bandos gloves and boots while ranging is effectivly the same as wearing dragon gloves and boots.

tl;dr, wear your tetsu plate and legs, and gloves/boots depending on the type of damage your target is doing. If you are fighting melee mobs, wear gano gloves/boots for hp and def. If you fight range mobs, wear melee gloves/boots, and range gloves/boots for mage mobs.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Sounds like I've been doing it right then. I had hear it was only the body, legs and shield. So I'm glad that info was correct. Too bad there isn't any hard data on the penalties...

Thanks for the info! :-D

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

If you are using a melee weapon, each piece of magic armour reduces your accuracy by 8%, while each piece of ranged armour reduces your accuracy by 15%. Similar logic applies for magic and ranged weapons. As mentioned above, this only applies for body, leg and shield pieces.

You can still get 100% accuracy on a monster despite these penalties, anyway.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.