23-Jun-2014 - Skillchompas and Legacy Mode Poll

Saradomin_Mage

They aren't worth your time tbh. =/

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

If anything, the updated fire cape graphics should have been the new graphics for the actual cape you get from fight caves, and then turning in a tokhaar-kal of each combat style would unlock a retro fire cape override, imo.

General design is great but they really shouldn't have used that cape model.

updated fire cape graphics should have been the new graphics for the actual cape you get from fight caves, and then turning in a tokhaar-kal of each combat style would unlock a retro fire cape override, imo.

No.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

updated fire cape graphics should have been the new graphics for the actual cape you get from fight caves, and then turning in a tokhaar-kal of each combat style would unlock a retro fire cape override, imo.

No.

Yes.

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

No.

Yes.

Maybe if the updated fire cape graphics didn't feature that stupid curved cloak design, sure.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It's not a matter of the graphics looking good or not. It's a matter of not having their graphics updates hidden behind something that requires 3-4 times more work to get.

You finish fight caves for the fire cape, you should be getting the new graphics, not the outdated 2006 graphics. You should not have to complete a quest + do the fight kiln 3 times with different combat styles each time + sacrifice the three tokhaar-kal just to get the new graphics. And then you still have to re-do fight caves or fight kiln to get another cape, and oncr you get kiln cape you have no reason to want fire cape anymore.

Give us the updated graphics straight out of the fight caves, and those who want the old graphics, make them work for it by getting the 3 tokhaar-kal and turning them in. Give us retro fire cape override from that (available through in-game gameplay and not solomon's)

Once that's done, work on giving the new fire cape an actually good model.

And no, "No" is not an argument.

• Like 1

True. The enhanced fire cape should have been a Fight Caves-specific reward, and the reward for turning in all three TokHaar-Kal could have been a TokHaar-Kal override with all 3 colours of lava.

6Ij0n.jpg

I just think that it would look dumb to get a tokhaar looking cape from the fight caves.... That and the current firecape is the sexiest cape in the game. It also doesn't look like ballsack on min graphics too....

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I don't really see why the new fire cape is "immersion-breaking". Care to enlighten me?

I think it was a joke/sarcasm.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I don't really see why the new fire cape is "immersion-breaking". Care to enlighten me?

I think it was a joke/sarcasm.

Mostly, yeah. Is there a simpler way to say "curves/flares out in such a way that it defies the laws of physics"? As long as we're complaining about their new default cape model, I mean.

Anyone have a laser I could use to completely remove the memory of that kind of cape model from all jagex employees' brains?

Anyway that update was done by the ninja team, and graphics-wise they can only really base themselves on existing graphics if they're making something graphical (see: tokhaar-kal), but they just shouldn't have made that if they didn't have the resources to do it right.

Hmmm if anything, could they have based themselves on ardougne cloak/druidic cloak instead L (a completely new model just for that cape would be best though.)

Could have just used the old shape of the current fire cape, then added the new flow animation + partic00ls etc.

But yeah I'd buy that laser if it existed.

6Ij0n.jpg

Ye they could, might have been better.

But still, on deviantart someone made their own concept art for a new fire cape, main graphics team should base themselves on that someday and forget the crap cape model (because even though current fire cape model is better than crap cape, I feel it still kinda limits what they could do since that model is mostly 2D.)

So you have to destroy three of the best capes in the game just for an override, and an ugly one at that. No thanks.

Considering there are people who do kiln for speed runs im betting a lot of people will do this.

Edit: also the hell hounds and earth warriors graphical updates have been drawn and presumably modeled a long time ago. Im betting the ninja team just animated them. Now we just need to wait for the abyssal demon graphics to complete the slayer graphics update.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png