Runecape classical re-set?

Gang Sabre

Would it be sweet if RS Classic reset and became playable to everyone from scratch?

By reset I mean wipe all the items and xp from the entire game.

Why not, right? I know that I'd enjoy the game again with slightly better odds. :)

Global PK servers would be possible again with the freedom to choose from Player Killer to Non Player killer.

I could go into some mathematics and say that a handful of servers are possible, and payed for by Jagex.

Just think about what Jagex can do with all that money they are sure to make. What were they spending? 80k a year? Oh yea, I don't mean destroy all that is classic, Im saying create a new reset, and spend a little money on fixing all that was wrong with RSC.

I meant this as a suggestion, wasn't sure where to post it.

That would be pretty cool, if they re-released Classic with such access but I think it would start to wear off and make my head hurt after 5 minutes with the quality of graphics. It would be kind of interesting to be able to try out even older combat mechanics that I have only heard about in stories though.

Wiping out everyone's accounts, stats, and items would probably not go well though. Whatever community is left over on those servers would undoubtedly object, of course. And Jagex already did offer Classic access for a specific few times if you had a membership and took the appropriate steps to sign up. During the last such occurrence, they did say it would never be available again.

But we do know Jagex's policy of them and their word at times, like with 'discontinued' Squeal of Fortune or Treasure Hunter items. I don't think it would be a viable business decision to try and open/support more servers for Classic, let alone rebooted servers, but I guess anything's possible if it could get proceeds from microtransactions. Plus with new members and no way to defend the game's infrastructure against things like bots, I don't know how well it would fare. It's a nice idea, just one I don't reasonably see happening at present time.

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Just think about what Jagex can do with all that money they are sure to make. What were they spending? 80k a year? Oh yea, I don't mean destroy all that is classic, Im saying create a new, seperate reset, and spend a little money on fixing all that was wrong with RSC.

• 4 weeks later...

What are they going to do with RSC now that browsers seem to slowly phase out Java?

I hope they at least give us a way to play RSC using the regular JagexLauncher, like they did with OSRS by allowing us to change a line in the config file so it would load Old School instead of RS3.

What are they going to do with RSC now that browsers seem to slowly phase out Java?

I hope they at least give us a way to play RSC using the regular JagexLauncher, like they did with OSRS by allowing us to change a line in the config file so it would load Old School instead of RS3.

I searched and it seems you already can, actually. Does this help?

• Like 3

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

Java not possible ? Its being used to run RS classic currently.

They did just that in the past - opened up access to RSC for new accounts on separate servers.  They haven't done it in a few years, though.

Are you sure ? Can I still make a new character there ?

Java not possible ? Its being used to run RS classic currently.

They did just that in the past - opened up access to RSC for new accounts on separate servers.  They haven't done it in a few years, though.

Are you sure ? Can I still make a new character there ?

You can't right now (and probably never will be able to).  They haven't opened up access to it since 2011.  See this: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Runescape_classic#Re-release

• Like 2

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

• 3 weeks later...

i dont think i could look at starting again been older, we all had alot of time on our hands when we were kids and it took me forever to get to 85 mining.. would be nice to have it there to play it when im bored mind im sure ud get to see some old faces.

I think if they re-opened RSC... it would be popular to an extent. Its practically like ironman mode anyway

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

• 2 weeks later...

People would play for ten minutes and then: "We want a Grand Exchange!"

Damn straight. I played RSC practically every single day for years (limited to only 20 minutes a day, as my parents were against all computer games). I loved that game so much. But so, so much about it was just [bleep]ing terrible. God. Grand Exchange was/is one of the greatest updates.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I loved rsc back when it was the only option...and the nostalgia is great.

But if this happened, I'd probably barely play and quit shortly after realizing all the friends I had back then is what I really miss, and not the old outdated carpal tunnel inducing game!

But, that's just my opinion.  :)  I'm sure some people would love and play it actively.

• Like 1

user1-dark.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

vxno28.jpg

"The direction we intend to take Runescape Classic"

Combined with all of what he just said, does this mean they might start supporting RSC more? I don't know how I feel about that. It would be cool to have them do an Old School type thing with the RSC engine, as long as they leave the original servers as is

Sig

• 3 weeks later...

vxno28.jpg

Combined with all of what he just said, does this mean they might start supporting RSC more? I don't know how I feel about that. It would be cool to have them do an Old School type thing with the RSC engine, as long as they leave the original servers as is

That was a while ago... what came of it?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

vxno28.jpg

That was a while ago... what came of it?

I was under the impression that they were doing it on the 15th anniversary, but indeed that date has come and past and I don't think there was any official newspost. Perhaps a change of plans?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For anyone who is interested, just a heads-up:

The next game update will be on the 4th January - an awesome in-game party to celebrate 15 years of RuneScape. Be sure to log in then to join in the festivities, and look out the following week (11th January) for a chance to try RuneScape Classic!

From the update post here.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

• 4 weeks later...