Junior Crewbie Recruitment
As you may (or may not!) know, the information on all of Tip.It's pages is maintained by a group of dedicated volunteers known collectively as the Tip.It Website Crew. If you've seen them around our forum, you may have recognized the purple names. This small group of people is entirely responsible for all the content on the site, from making sure skill guides are up-to-date to adding and collecting information on when items in the game are released to tracking down changes that may not entirely be covered in the Patch Notes. If you haven't gotten the jist of it, it is a lot of stuff to keep up with, and we could use some help. And that, dear reader, is where you can come in!
We are excited to announce, as of today, a new opportunity to help contribute to our site as a Junior Crewbie! This is a new site position we are going to be offering. What is expected and what are the benefits of being a Junior Crewbie you ask?
- Unlike other staff positions, this time new members are welcome to apply, even if you are reading this and don't currently have a forum account! You need to make one though obviously for us to grant access to a forum that isn't public. All we ask is that you have some free time and are willing to be able to commit on a weekly basis.
- A somewhat lower time commitment compared to regular Crew, say ~3 to 5 hours/week. You still need to put in a few hours a week to help gather information, and we expect you to be active in chat when you're around, but most of it will focus on obtaining information rather than the sometimes more arduous job of coding it in.
- Junior Crewbies will have access to a staff forum and a Skype chat to get a feel for what goes on in Crew. You can see people collaborating, help out yourself, ask questions, and even just hang out during down time. We're cool like that .
- You will be able to help Tip.It in an official capacity and become a trusted source of information, instead of being restricted to submitting information through the website corrections section.
- You will be given assignments weekly and after a few weeks, given your official color and rank title assuming everything goes well.
- Junior Crewbies are not given privileges to access our system and write code, so you should not be expecting this. This position will however serve as a recruitment pool for those who may be interested in advancing to full crew work, should you be interested.
- Tip.It Forum account. You need to make an account with TIF to apply of course, and you'll be expected to check up on assignments weekly.
- Activity. There are two facets to activity:
- Generally being available. Most weeks, you should be free to do stuff. Simple right?
- Clear communication of when you're unavailable. This is frequently glossed over, but is just as important.
- Skype account. We work closely together in Skype. You need to have or make an account there. We use Skype as an instant messenger; there is no obligation to use voice chat functions.
If you're still reading and this has piqued your interest, great! We'll need the following information from you. We are not running this on a first-come first-serve basis, so please take your time to fill out a few questions thoroughly and accurately. This is as much for us to learn about you and see if there is stuff you would enjoy doing - we're not judging you on stats or anything.
1. Stats - Please link us to your stats in the hiscores or provide a self-updating signature.
2. Quests - Are you an avid quester? Roughly what fraction of non-repeatable quests have you done, and how likely is it that you will work on more in the future?
3. Time zone and roughly when you're on (to help make sure people are available if you have questions)
4. Tell us what you're most interested in. Killing monsters for drops and love keeping logs? Research new items or have a lot of less common stuff you may be able to provide info on? Researching new ways to train skills? Let us know what you like.
5. We're not going to have you filling out forms or anything, but ~3-5 hours of time a week will be a reasonable expectation of what you will need to commit. Does that seem reasonable for your schedule?
6. Why do you want to join the Tip.It Staff, and what would you specifically bring to the table?
7. Do you have any type of image editing experience? If so, with which programs? If not, are you interested in learning?
8. If you're new to our site, what's an example of something you have discovered, a guide you've made, whatever that you can show us? If you've been on TIF for a while, what are you most proud of discovering/contributing to the forum?
Please copy and paste the application into your Personal Messenger, fill it out there, and address it to Staff_Applications. We look forward to reviewing your application and hope to work with you in the future!