I was only gonna ask for help as last resort, and it's come to that. (doing the quest Mourning Ends Part II)

So I'm in middle of doing the quest Mourning Ends Part II, and am doing the light maze, I'm doing good so far in fact I have reached the room with the final pillar.

But the problem is I can't think of a way to unlock the final door without blocking the blue one leading to that room.

I have used all the mirrors, and one yellow crystal. Meaning the lasers are red. I tried using the blue crystal, and even though it somehow works, I still can't access the room leading to the final pillar.

Can someone please help me?

I have been trying for over a day, (not exactly, since I don't play 24/7, but it's still around 5 hours, which is quite a lot.)

Edited by Blaze The Movie Fan

This is one of a few situations (namely, other quests with confusing puzzles) where Arceus' generic wiki link reply is going to be a lot more helpful than anything else we could say.

I'll help him out: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Mourning%27s_Ends_Part_II

To elaborate a bit more, it's nearly impossible to picture what exactly your mirror / crystal setup is currently without screenshots, and chances are the wiki already says what we could say if we had more insight into your setup. If you're confident that you have all available crystals and mirrors, I'd pull the lever to reset the setup and start after the part where it says to do so (in the "Cyan and black doors" section). Or try a video guide. It's really hard to offer advice given your description.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Keep in mind that I have all the mirror available as I have unlocked both chests.

There are more than 2 chests with mirrors in them.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Keep in mind that I have all the mirror available as I have unlocked both chests.

There are more than 2 chests with mirrors in them.

Oh that must be the problem, I haven't opened all the chests.

Thanks, I'll go hunting for more chests.

Oh and I won't be reading the guide unless I really really need to. I wanted to find most of the stuff out myself, and I will for the most part.

there are no spoilers for the light puzzle part, sans the solution for the puzzle.

Scroll down to the "Maze of Light" section, preferably with your eyes closed, and you won't see any spoilers.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

or you could do the quick guide, that in general has no chat, just what you need to do

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

That's it, I'm out of this place.

At the top of the fact that the puzzle is extremely difficult, these damn shadows are draining my sharks so fast, I will be out of sharks in no time if I keep this up. And I need them.

So yeah, I am giving up on this quest, as of now at least. I might go back to it some other time, but I do need a break as of now.

There is absolutely no way I can open the final door, I tried everything, nothing worked. At least not without blocking the access to the final blue door, which I also need unlocked to get in there. I might give that guide a chance when I play the quest again. But I'm not playing the quest as of now.

Blaze, if you are using a lot of food, you might want to use guthans armor.

Yes, it degrade, but it also heals you. You'll have healed thousands upon thousands worth of sharks with a set of guthans by the time it fully degrades

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Blaze, if you are using a lot of food, you might want to use guthans armor.

Yes, it degrade, but it also heals you. You'll have healed thousands upon thousands worth of sharks with a set of guthans by the time it fully degrades

Thanks for the tip, but I'm sure that as long as I follow a guide, I won't have to get Guthan's armor.

Besides I got 35K sharks in my bank, and as long as I know when to give up, or look for help, I'm sure I won't even have to spend 2K of them.

That's it, I'm out of this place.

At the top of the fact that the puzzle is extremely difficult, these damn shadows are draining my sharks so fast, I will be out of sharks in no time if I keep this up. And I need them.

So yeah, I am giving up on this quest, as of now at least. I might go back to it some other time, but I do need a break as of now.

There is absolutely no way I can open the final door, I tried everything, nothing worked. At least not without blocking the access to the final blue door, which I also need unlocked to get in there. I might give that guide a chance when I play the quest again. But I'm not playing the quest as of now.

Kudos for trying though, I personally wouldn't even try and I love doing quests without guide (except for things like this and Elemental workshop).
  • Like 1

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

3vgrFtX.jpg

Let us know when you get that review up lol

"LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU" - Dylan C, Graham B

"I CAN FEEL YOUR ANGER" - Dylan C, Graham B

• Like 3

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”