chelsea 1 - 2 BAR�����¢â�¬�¡AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OWNED K ?

silver24-7

What a well thought out topic...

In my opinion Barca were always gonna win... And it pains me to say it, but Terry was pretty immense.

Anyone watching the Sky Sports coverage notice how Chelsea-biased Andy Gray was?

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I unfourtunatly didn't get to watch it... a replays being shown at midnight here though :\.

From what I heard, Terry played fantastic but Ronaldinho, Messi, and Deco were just teasing them at the end of the 2nd half.

PS: Really wish you hadn't put the score in the subject/title line. Some people may have wanted to catch a replay without knowing the score yet (I already knew the score as I was being told everything that was happening through a friend).

Anyone watching the Sky Sports coverage notice how Chelsea-biased Andy Gray was?

When isn't he?

He's also the most anti-Liverpool commentator I've ever heard. Mancs on fanzone give Liverpool credit more often than Gray.

"So, Andy, Liverpool have won 10 games in a row, a good performance?"

"...I suppose so." :?

"Hey Andy, Liverpool entered the World Cup and beat Brazil 17-0 in the final, pretty impressive hey?"

"...Not really"

Gah, I hate him.

In my opinion Barca were always gonna win... And it pains me to say it, but Terry was pretty immense.

Why weren't you watching the Rangers game?

sig2ho7.jpg

The game had everything. A red card, two own goals, excellent shots from outside the 18 that nearly went in, unbelievable saves, and then an awesome goal from Eto'o to close the deal for Barcelona.

I was disappointed that Barcelona didn't try to extend the lead when they were playing so well the last 10 minutes of the second half. They definitely could've scored another one if they kept pressing the attack.

Good old Mourinho:

Jose Mourinho pointed an accusing finger at Barcelona's Lionel Messi after Asier del Horno was sent off in Chelsea's Champion League defeat.

"How do you say cheating in Catalan?" the Blues boss said after the 2-1 loss.

"Can Messi be suspended for acting? Barcelona is a cultural city with many great theatres and this boy has learned very well. He's learned play-acting.

"I don't want to say too much because then I will be suspended, but I am very proud of my team."

Was he watching when his team played Liverpool and Mr Robben hit the deck like an extra from platoon?

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Messi was acting? Lol, the first time they almost amputated his leg, and the second time they bodychecked him. :?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I live in England, but I hate Chelsea lol... yeah andy gray was chelsea biased. Lol but 2 OGS lmao

I love Barca, they r my fave team ev0rz

I think it was funny when 3 ppl were round ronaldinho and he was trying to skill and 3, and he did lol

Why weren't you watching the Rangers game?

Because Barca vs Chelsea was on? :P

I'd much rather watch quality teams, than a Scottish team just because they're Scottsh. I went to the pub for the game anyway, didn't have much say in what game was on.

Bubsa, Andy Gray can be pretty-semi-sorta-nice towards 'Pool sometimes. Remember... I think it was the Olympiakos game? When Gerrard scored the "WHAT A HIT SON!" goal. He seemed pretty impressed with us then.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

It was a shame that the field was in such a terrible state, otherwise I think we could've seen better actions from both sides.

I think they were going a bit to hard in some of the duels thou...

But Barca deserved the win, they simple outplayd Chelea numerous times.e

Thanks a lot people are a lot more interested in Catalan soccer then I could hope :):):):)

Anyways:

Messi acting ? lets say "from the oven" thats what del horno means in spanish lol just intentionally hit Messi after a WONDERFUL escape from My Dutch favourite Robben in the corner. Are you allowed to intentionally hurt other plays in a soccer match ? NO Then there you go off the field k ?

And what about when Messi got his inner pants ripped off and the guy didnt even stop the game -.-

The own goals yeah.....

Lets first talk about bar̮̤̉̉a's own goal, ok so Motta did the most stupid thing you can do and scored an own goal which if it wasn't for him would've never been scored.

Now about Terrys goal he just had the worst of luck, the ball was centered gorgeously to be finished by one of bar̮̤̉̉as players which didnt get to the ball, so Terry tried to get the ball away but instead changed its direction about to have Cech watching it go right into his goal.

But what Terry did amazingly well was the defensive work he did afterwards, he saved 2 would've 100% been goals in the 10 minutes after and just couldn't prevent eto'o from scoring that 1-2, I think he even got motivated to much and started playing as goalkeeper lol.... which the referee again didnt see.

Ok so then there is Barcelona not finishing the many goal oppurtunities they were given, ok it was really clear that both teams were scared of eachother and therefore didnt want to shoot at the goal until it was 100% sure it would enter, which ended up the other way getting too much chelsea defense in their midst and ending up shooting from an impossible position or just having chelsea run off with the ball.

Well so there we are last 5 minutes of the game Bar̮̤̉̉a winning 1-2 now and in an extremely dominating position, why didnt they go for another goal ? Again I think they were afraid of counterattacks and preferred passing the ball around without losing it for a couple of minutes then risking a 2-2 there in London.

Well thats about it lol, ohw wait i forgot about the 2 wonderful shots by Motta and Messi, one of which actually hit the point were the both "poles?" cross eachother being 5 cm away from a wonderful goal, and Motta's shot went over by not too much either.

So lets say what do you think will happen in Barcelona ?

I think we will win and I don't care by how many because that will mean Chelsea's elimination and Barcelona closer to the trophy :)

Ohw and about whats cheating called in catalan ?

"Fer trampa" Like maurinho did to win the mach last year when one of Chelsea's players took a hold off Valdes so another one could point the ball in the other corner of the goal, So maurinho I was wondering... How do you say cheating in PORTUGESE ????? lol srry im a bit mad at that old freak lol

Thanks a lot people are a lot more interested in Catalan soccer then I could hope :):):):)

Anyways:

Messi acting ? lets say "from the oven" thats what del horno means in spanish lol just intentionally hit Messi after a WONDERFUL escape from My Dutch favourite Robben in the corner. Are you allowed to intentionally hurt other plays in a soccer match ? NO Then there you go off the field k ?

So yeah, it seems that Del Horno wanted to take out Messi, but it was never a red card. But it was really hypocritical of Mourinho to claim about him cheating when Robben flung himself to the ground after Reina squeezed him in the cheek. Anyway, Barca deserved to win, some of their football in the last twenty minutes was great to watch, Messi looks a really good player.

I just watched the Chelsea vs. Barca game this morning since I was watching Rangers vs. Villareal last night.

I thought the whole sending off incident was comical, to see both players hit the ground, look up to the referee and about 10 seconds later was brilliant. It was harsh to give Del Horno a straight red for it but I dont think Messi's rolling had anything to do with it - surely as soon as a top referee sees an incident like that he must know in his mind exactly what his decision will be.

I think Barca were on top throughout and would have won regardless of the red card, Messi, Eto'o and Ronaldinho are just too good going forward. In my opinion it'll be 2-0 to Barca at the Nou Camp in a fortnight.

As a side note - Rangers were robbed last night. Prso's moment of madness and the utter joke that is the 'new' offside rules robbed us of a glorious 2-0 win.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

As a side note - Rangers were robbed last night. Prso's moment of madness and the utter joke that is the 'new' offside rules robbed us of a glorious 2-0 win.

I don't know about robbed... Villareal played a good game, and the offside decision would have been a tough call at the time.

Lovenkrandz goal was a screamer. Oh man.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

I don't know about robbed... Villareal played a good game, and the offside decision would have been a tough call at the time.

Lovenkrandz goal was a screamer. Oh man.

Oh of course, Villareal played well, whenyou have a playmaker like Riquelme in the team it can be hard not to play well. I thought Forlan's movement was brilliant off the ball - eventhough I hate the new offside rule I think Forlan was able to exploit it well - a bit like Van Nistelrooy does for Man United.

Its still hard to accept defeat to those 2 goals though. FIFA really has to look at this 'interfering with play' stuff though because its just so unclear for defenders and linesmen to deal with. Its going to end up deciding a world cup or another important tie and that would be a shame.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

Its still hard to accept defeat to those 2 goals though.

What about your lucky equaliser, though? That was a big break for you.

It definatly was a little bit of luck, you could call it justice :D . They say its better to be lucky than good so hopefully its a good omen.

Hopefully we'll be able to learn from this and go to Spain with a bit of confidence and take the tie to Villareal and score the goal we need to go through.

Realistically though even if Ranger go through to the last 8 I dont reckon we can go through. It would be brilliant from a financial perspective though as it would give the new manager plently of cash to rebuild the team next season. I also hope they do well for McLeish as I think he's been treated appallingly and he deserves some success for the rubbish hes been through this season.

wild_bunch.gif

Barcelona was facing 10 men for almost an hour of the game, if they hadn't had the biased piece of crap ref that sent Del Horno off at 36 minutes, I'm willing to bet Chelsea would have taken the game no problem. I'm a Chelsea fan as you can guess, and that's just my opinion. I didn't really get to watch the game due to the fact I live in in the US and they didn't show the game, but whenever I can I watch what I can.

Its still hard to accept defeat to those 2 goals though. FIFA really has to look at this 'interfering with play' stuff though because its just so unclear for defenders and linesmen to deal with. Its going to end up deciding a world cup or another important tie and that would be a shame.

So true.The rule saying they weren't interfering with play is a joke. Maybe if they were staning at the side of the pitch, far away from the actual play it would be ok, but they were in a dangerous position in the middle of the box.

sig2ho7.jpg

Barcelona was facing 10 men for almost an hour of the game, if they hadn't had the biased piece of crap ref that sent Del Horno off at 36 minutes, I'm willing to bet Chelsea would have taken the game no problem. I'm a Chelsea fan as you can guess, and that's just my opinion. I didn't really get to watch the game due to the fact I live in in the US and they didn't show the game, but whenever I can I watch what I can.

Well, not watching the game sorta makes your opinion void...

Now, I'm biased as well, because frankly I hate Chelsea, but I didn't see them with a definate chance of winning all night. Even when Barca were a goal down, they still looked in with a definate chance. Chelsea played damn well, especially for a team with 10 men, but I really didn't see them winning.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

So true.The rule saying they weren't interfering with play is a joke. Maybe if they were staning at the side of the pitch, far away from the actual play it would be ok, but they were in a dangerous position in the middle of the box.

The way I see it is if you're on the pitch your interfering with play in some way.

The fact that Forlan is in the keepers field of vision when the first ball is played in(when he's 5+ yards offside) in my opinion makes him active because the keeper has to consider whether to close down the guy with the ball or Forlan.

Right I know Im droning on about it now but I think you all get my point here :P .

wild_bunch.gif

Dude, ESPN 2 carried it and they also carried the Arsenal v Real Madrid game...

Uhh dude, I don't have ESPN 2, and how is my opinion void? Just because you want to discard it? Now isn't that a bit ignorant? But what more can I expect. I read the follow up report, and ended up watching it at a mates house tonight, he taped it for me cause he does have ESPN 2, and Barcelona didn't do to great. As I said if Del Horno hadn't been sent off due to a crack head call, then it would have been a totally different game.

Uhh dude, I don't have ESPN 2, and how is my opinion void? Just because you want to discard it? Now isn't that a bit ignorant?

How can you have an opinion on something you didn't (at the time of the post) watch? I'd say if anything, that was ignorant.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide