[IGNORE THIS TOPIC, this was a waste of time.

UPDATE: This time I'm stickng to my original plan and not post here again outside the forum games until December 2015. None of you had to see this topic, and I really wish I had the ability to delete topics if I did I would delete this one and never look back. It's no better than the awful suggestions I did in 2005.

(EDIT: I'm putting new points in brackets to clarify what I mean as well as correct myself on some thing. And I also deteled a paragraph you don't need to see.)

I'm not officially back to the community yet, but before I return I'm sadly thinking about getting rid of my dragon battleaxe along wtih the rest of my dragon weapons, I don't wanna have to do that, but I feel pressured into having to do that.

It's obvious that an unpopular opinion is not welcome in this game. I'm not saying this to get attention or anything like that, but a lot of times I asked for help here, I was labled as a horrible player for the simple fact that I happen to like a dragon battleaxe or any dragon equipment for that matter, and I can't take it anymore. And no I did not make this thread to seek for attention or any of that, I'm saying this because I'm honest. (Alright not a lot of people really have issue with me using that weapon, but the reason I'm bringing that up is because I CLEARLY lack knowledge on how weapons in the game actually work.)

Overrides exist, sure. But I try avoiding asking for help here with the fear that people are gonna prejudge me for liking dragon equipment. Most of you don't do that, but there are some people who do. (The reason I feel paranoid about this is because sadly most of the people who don't like dragon items are right.)

I do find Bandos very ugly, but I feel like I'm gonna be forced to get rid of the overrides and making it public that I am using an armor and force myself to like how the armor looks. (This is something I won't do, I got too paranoid I will admit that.)

By November of this year, I am gonna get rid of my dragon armor, and sell all my dragon equipments. I really don't know what else to do, I don't wanna be labled as a "bad player" anymore, and no, most of you didn't do that, but it doesn't change the fact that I do feel pressured. (I can avoid being thought of as a bad player but I currently don't know how, but the dragon equipment is staying I changed my mind on that.)

And before any of you think I ignored previous advice on just ignore these people and do what I want in the game, I would love to, but it's hard to ignore it when there are so many posts. And yes I will fully admit it, my obsession of dragon equipments did go too far, and I won't bring them up again unless it's relevant to the discussion I promise.

Anyway what I need help with, how can I continue using the items in the game I like and talk about them without being labled as a "bad player"? That's what I wanna avoid. (Not a lot of people call me that or even consider me that, but the sad truth is, these that do have an issue with me using dragon items are 100% correct.)

Edited by Blaze The Movie Fan

That's great and all but I'm not sure what exactly you're asking for help with? Maybe I missed it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

That's great and all but I'm not sure what exactly you're asking for help with? Maybe I missed it.

Alright, I will edit the original post to make it more clear, in fact I added a paragpraph to explain just that. My question is, how can I like something in the game without being labled as a bad player? That's what's scaring me.

You can still wield it when you aren't fighting something. Lots of people walk around with cool weapons when they're skilling and whatnot. I used to wield an iron sickle all the time

• Like 2

Honestly, why should you care what other random players that you'll most likely never see again think of you and your equipment?

If you want to use the items you like, then by all means use them all you want. If you prefer said items over something else, that's your opinion and you're perfectly entitled to that.

What really gets to people though is (in the past) when you claim you think the dragon battleaxe for example is better than the whip.

But in all honesty, who cares what other people think of you and your equipment? Play the game as you like, not as how others want you to play.

• Like 2

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Well I'm not completely sure that what you're asking is even possible - using lower tier equipment and being regarded as a good player. No one is saying you can't like your weapons of choice but if you want to be "good" at the game you have to keep aiming for higher level stuff. I honestly don't think anyone is going to shoot you down in-game for using one weapon or another, but it's going to be harder to do most stuff.

I mean you could try Woox style and try to kill higher level monsters with dragon weaponry and that might be impressive, with enough persistence. Though the game mechanics have rendered this more on luck than skill than they use to be.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Alright I'm gonna address some of the posts and reply in a nice and civil manner.

You can still wield it when you aren't fighting something. Lots of people walk around with cool weapons when they're skilling and whatnot. I used to wield an iron sickle all the time

But all I do in the game for the most part is fight monsters and pickpocket. And I can't use a dragon battleaxe while pickpocketing.

What really gets to people though is (in the past) when you claim you think the dragon battleaxe for example is better than the whip.

The reason I thought that is because I only looked at how much damage it can cause and didn't take anything else into consideration. Yes, that was dumb, and I won't do it again. As for the rest of the post, thanks for the encouragement.

Well I'm not completely sure that what you're asking is even possible - using lower tier equipment and being regarded as a good player. No one is saying you can't like your weapons of choice but if you want to be "good" at the game you have to keep aiming for higher level stuff. I honestly don't think anyone is going to shoot you down in-game for using one weapon or another, but it's going to be harder to do most stuff.

I mean you could try Woox style and try to kill higher level monsters with dragon weaponry and that might be impressive, with enough persistence. Though the game mechanics have rendered this more on luck than skill than they use to be.

I don't care if people don't think I'm a skilled player, what bothers me is when people claim I'm a horrible one. And being thought of as a horrible player is something that really gets me as I care about my reputation online.

Also I know no one is forcing me to change what weapons I use, but the issue is I know NOTHING about how weapons and armor in the game actually works, that's why I feel pressured. Also I edited the original post to make some clarfiications so nobody will get the wrong idea.

Okay, understanding weapons and armour is in fact easier since Evolution of Combat :). Each piece of equipment (for the main pieces at least) has a certain level requirement, and that more or less tells you how good it is in the majority of cases. For example, if weapon A requires 50 attack, it's probably better than weapon B with 40 attack. The same thing goes for armour, say for a platebody requiring 50 defense vs 40 defense. There are some notable exceptions and caveats, but for the most part that's how it goes. If you want to understand how things work I think most people would be more than happy to explain - if that's what you're worried about.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Okay, understanding weapons and armour is in fact easier since Evolution of Combat :). Each piece of equipment (for the main pieces at least) has a certain level requirement, and that more or less tells you how good it is in the majority of cases. For example, if weapon A requires 50 attack, it's probably better than weapon B with 40 attack. The same thing goes for armour, say for a platebody requiring 50 defense vs 40 defense. There are some notable exceptions and caveats, but for the most part that's how it goes. If you want to understand how things work I think most people would be more than happy to explain - if that's what you're worried about.

Thank you, and I am thankful for the overrides.

Now I don't care about in the game itself if someone calls me a loser or a noob for using the equipment I wanna use, and it shouldn't worry me here on this message board either, but I still am not sure how this place works exactly, I need to learn that as well. But I don't need help with that, I can figure that out on my own eventually.

I will mark this thread as answered when I wake up, but I am first gonna let other people post so I can get some more helpful advice.

The Dragon Battleaxe's special is actually pretty meta in legacy for dps'ing.

I don't think your problem has anything to do with Dragon armor. Rather you're too obsessed with people's opinions. That won't change if you wear Bandos or even Malevolent. You'll still look like a noob to some people and other people will think you're elitist scum.

• Like 1

Blaze, you can do three things to make yourself infinitely more happy within Runescape:

1) Buy some Keepsake Keys from Solomon's General Store and put your desired Dragon armour in there. Then turn on the overrides.

2) Stop careing about what other players think of you. Be happy with what you have and do.

3) Understand that if you ask for advice, people will strive to give you what they think to be the best advice they can give. Nine times out of ten, they are just trying to help and are not looking to be mean.

If you come back, relax and enjoy the game. :)

user1-dark.png

Blaze, other people saying that you are "good" or "bad" at the game does not matter. What matters is that you have fun. You know that your battle-axe is not the best in the game, but you have more fun using it, so why shouldn't you? You are not bad at a game if you know you use something that is not the "best" (most efficient), you are just being less efficient. Do what you like in the game, and don't let others opinions influence who you are or what you want to be to much.

Also, many efficient or high leveled players have very high standards of what a "good" player means, you (and I, and most people) probably won't reach their expectations anyway, should you care? in my opinion not ;)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I'm a vet, I've got a 10yr vet cape and if they make a 15yr one I'll qualify for that too.

I have never ever come across anyone calling anyone else in the game a bad player or a horrible player for any reason other than botting or rudeness.

If there is people calling other players bad players or horrible players for reasons other than those I mentioned, take it from me as a 43yo and someone's mother, it's pretty fing STUPID. And for you to entertain that, is pretty stupid too. Sorry.

• Like 2

I'm a vet, I've got a 10yr vet cape and if they make a 15yr one I'll qualify for that too.

I have never ever come across anyone calling anyone else in the game a bad player or a horrible player for any reason other than botting or rudeness.

If there is people calling other players bad players or horrible players for reasons other than those I mentioned, take it from me as a 43yo and someone's mother, it's pretty fing STUPID. And for you to entertain that, is pretty stupid too. Sorry.

The discussion is over, but since you replied regardless I will respond to you.

You are absolutely right.

Can you just get over the fact that you have an unpopular opinion about gear in Runescape? I honestly believe that you're just prying for attention at this point, with all the false drama you're trying to cause with these topics. Nobody cares what you use in this game, be as efficient/inefficient as you want.

Can you just get over the fact that you have an unpopular opinion about gear in Runescape? I honestly believe that you're just prying for attention at this point, with all the false drama you're trying to cause with these topics. Nobody cares what you use in this game, be as efficient/inefficient as you want.

Opinion is just that - opinion. There is no wrong opinion on anything... Unpopular it may be, yes, but to tell someone is wrong because opinion makes the accuser a bigot.

Dragon battle axes are not the best weapon in the game <- FACT

Dragon battle axes look cool <- opinion

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I'm so sorry you thought that, but no I'm not looking for attention I'm just stupid, I should have stuck to my plan on only making another thread here in December of this year, this wasn't something that needed to be addressed I will admit that.

I wasn't even thinking when I made this thread, that's the problem. Don't worry, not posting outside the forum games until December 2015 will stick this time. I really wish I never made this thread, but the thread I make when I return for real will be a thread I'll take a lot of time to look over and think about, see you on Christmas. I know it probably won't get me more respect here, but I hope it will at least prove I can change. In fact I changed the title so no one else will post in this thread, hopefully.

As Blaze (the OP) has said I think the discussion is over and the thread has run its course so I'm going to lock this. If you have any questions feel free to PM me :).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png