Reporting bad UserName

vytautas

hm how to report bad player name? couse there is no this option in game reporting

Subzero Lt(111): 90magic, 70agility, 85mining, scythe and bunny ears-banned for macroing.

W T Z(112): 88magic, desert treasure with monkey madness completed at ~55combat with no pray-banned for real world item trading.

for example if player name is All Players Gais, how to report him to get him banned for bad username? i guess ill ahve to write a complaint or something? if someone did this already tell me what u wrote in message too.

reporting for offensive language is impossible, try to report someone who didnt spoke in last 60secs and ull see.

Subzero Lt(111): 90magic, 70agility, 85mining, scythe and bunny ears-banned for macroing.

W T Z(112): 88magic, desert treasure with monkey madness completed at ~55combat with no pray-banned for real world item trading.

Its lame people are encouraged to spoil the fun of others, for all we know the name might not even be offensive. Yet if it gets enough reports action will be taken.

RS community is infested with rats and tattle-tales.

This is just my personal opinion.

well yes, but sometimes you just have to. just like jagex started banning 00o0o0o names.

btw if someone could post here a picture with meesage from jagex when he banned for a bad name. im trying to find one now too.

well yes, but sometimes you just have to. just like jagex started banning 00o0o0o names.

btw if someone could post here a picture with meesage from jagex when he banned for a bad name. im trying to find one now too.

So you just feel the need to report a username ?

IRL people die for reporting others. hehe

Its lame people are encouraged to spoil the fun of others, for all we know the name might not even be offensive. Yet if it gets enough reports action will be taken.

RS community is infested with rats and tattle-tales.

This is just my personal opinion.

Very true...btw i dont find that name offensive at all....if someones name was lambretta89 sucks c*ck then id be offended but skurm0m..oh wait he sed m0m!!! :o

well yea its sometimes stupid, but it is. i saw players posted messages when jagex ban them after like 3months or more playing at combat 90+ for a badusername.. saying "you name when translated into olasasld language means something bad"

well anyway... but still trying to get an answer..

edit:: o dam i missed chance to report when he was speaking.. ok anyway, thanks for telling this.

close please

Thread cleaned of drift.

I had always assumed that opening a query was the way to do it. But I hadn't really thought of relying on chat.

This has been discussed somewhat elsewhere, and I think Jagex should consider allowing users to change their usernames instead of an outright ban. However, Runescape has a very large userbase, and I'm not sure they can count on everyone making the change themselves.

To the poster: I'm keeping this open as I think it's a good discussion.

say someone made an account when they were immature, had a bad name, came back and played, was a real nice person but got banned cause someone didn't like his name and found it offencive. How bout that?

O come on, a bad user name....... Thats just stupid to report :roll:

Well it is against the terms and conditions after all.

I'd recommend using the message centre. They won't be able to tell you what they do, but you can bet they'll look into it at least. Maybe hopefully ban someone if their name breaches the terms and conditions.

O come on, a bad user name....... Thats just stupid to report :roll:

Yes, we should just keep people with names like "Killallgais" around...

Basically, do as Frizoid says. By Jagex logic, they aren't offending anyone if they don't talk, hence being only reportable if they actually did talk. If the name is genuinely offensive, he'll probably get banned, which is odd, because a mute would make more sense, seeing as then he wouldn't be able to talk and not able to offend anyone :roll: gogo logic~

say someone made an account when they were immature, had a bad name, came back and played, was a real nice person but got banned cause someone didn't like his name and found it offencive. How bout that?

Oh come on, we all know the community of RuneScape is unfair, you get banned for typing very fast or using the Camelot Teleport more then once, people want to ruin it for eachother, my Pk char got permently banned whitout a warning for having 'Cereal Owner', somebody said taht they found Owner Offensive.