MONSTERS (Slayer) have decreased ALL their drops?

xyphia

OK, first I complained about the Rangers "WALK OF DOOM" now this. At least one was found to be real 8)

Over the last week or so my Slayer Monster drops seem to be a long laundry list of runes/coins/ and the occasional seed. Not that I don't get a very rare nice drop, but I find myself:

-Not using most of the alching nats I brought with me for the assignment

-Not having to make that second trip back because I was loaded with great stuff. I men, really, I'm keeping thread for Guthix sake :roll:

I can't pin it down exactly, because I do get an occasional "mith shield" or "addy boots", but it just seems MUCH less

Oh, and yes I brought my Ring of Wealth, smartypants flamers :wink:

Just my thoughts. Maybe I'm just in a Slay over 1000 monster slump :shock:

Daemos Magen

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, just no

that was a completley uncalled for post! i am noticing this too, i used to get an abundance of nice stuff from slayer, mystic pieces alchable drops and plenty of nice runes. Now, i am just getting coind and lousy runes, maybe it is my monster, Basilisks, but i agree with xyphia

ArchSupport.png

Soulthresher: dont think outside of the box, stay inside. the box is your freind

Clicky for the Blog 'o Range

Race to 100 ranged with BBQ_muffin

DarkDude98: Pfft, Real men use Bow and Arrows to get 99 range

no, just no

that was a completley uncalled for post! i am noticing this too, i used to get an abundance of nice stuff from slayer, mystic pieces alchable drops and plenty of nice runes. Now, i am just getting coind and lousy runes, maybe it is my monster, Basilisks, but i agree with xyphia

no, just no, i got a clue scroll followed by mystic gloves at bansheeees and like 10 ran's killed other things and its all fine, its all in your head! stop expecting good things and when u get summit good it makes it better :)

Funny thing is this..

Goto Nechs with no slayer assignment. 2 hours get 4 rune boots.

Start slaying again and got 3 nech assignments and I got 1 pair of boots.

At Garg's out of 160 I didnt get 1 rare drop not even Rune full. Then next is 140 I get Gmaul, 4 Rune Fulls, 3 addy boots and about 10k in other alcs.

When your drops are going good. Do not log.. keep it going..

My theory is if your drops blow , log out and in.... Maybe it has something to do with Unique log in ID

no, just no

no, just no, i got a clue scroll followed by mystic gloves at bansheeees and like 10 ran's killed other things and its all fine, its all in your head! stop expecting good things and when u get summit good it makes it better :)

ok then why did u say something instead of "no, just no"

but i dont want to flame so leave it at that ok?

ArchSupport.png

Soulthresher: dont think outside of the box, stay inside. the box is your freind

Clicky for the Blog 'o Range

Race to 100 ranged with BBQ_muffin

DarkDude98: Pfft, Real men use Bow and Arrows to get 99 range

the ranger walk of death was concrete. This is opinion. I got 3 rune chains and a whip on assignment today so I won't say the monsters arent dropping anything.

But I have noticed less half keys and gems as well.

Hmmm.

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

even without assignments...

ive killed over 300 iron and steel dragons (mostly iron) and the best drops were rune javelins, dart (p), and knives, with 2 adamant battle axes...

No single other rune item, no dragon med, legs, skirt, or left half, only 1 sapphire, no half keyes either, no runes or arrows other then a few hundred bloods (strangely, bloods got dropped a lot)...

and 1 lvl 3 clue scroll which yielded after 5 more clues a black dhide body, and chaps, and 2 rune full helms...

also earlier trips for obsidian items resulted in NO cape or shield drops from the highest level thzaars, just got 8k tokkul sitting in the bank now...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Funny thing is this..

Goto Nechs with no slayer assignment. 2 hours get 4 rune boots.

Start slaying again and got 3 nech assignments and I got 1 pair of boots.

At Garg's out of 160 I didnt get 1 rare drop not even Rune full. Then next is 140 I get Gmaul, 4 Rune Fulls, 3 addy boots and about 10k in other alcs.

When your drops are going good. Do not log.. keep it going..

My theory is if your drops blow , log out and in.... Maybe it has something to do with Unique log in ID

I think you're on the righ track,

Last saturday I played RS all day and got 2 lvl 3 clue scrool and a dmed from blue dragons, but on sunday i did the same thing again all day and got thign worth keeping. I thik it does have somethign to do with your log in ID

OK, maybe it's not just me

And again, it's not that I NEVER get a good drop, it's just that usually after 100 and some monsters in assignment I'm trying to figure out what to dump while squeezing in the other 50 or so kills. Now it's like "I'm done? Well I have 1 rune helm and 3 seeds and 6 bank spaces left"

It just SEEMS TO ME that there are significantly less drops then there were slaying 2 weeks ago.

Maybe the fates are just saving me up for a d-med or chain, huh? RIGHT!

Daemos Magen

I am a slayer myself. I spend about 3 hours nonstop, every other day, slaying and longer on weekends. These last few weeks I have also noticed a serious reduction in drops. I need to make less trips back to bank and I have been getting almost no clues. Previously I would get 2 clues per day as compaired to these last two weeks I have only gotten 1 clue.

I was hoping it was just bad luck :!:

ive killed 70-ish blue drags and no clue -.-

i usualy get a clue every few trips(i bank bones and hides)

ive killed 60, no clue no rune dagger.

+ barrows drops recently have seemed to be a bit, well lacking from what i hear, i went 30 trips( i know no big deal..)nothing, and i was like well, you know whatever, then i spoke to leesters, and he hasnt had any thing other the d meds dropped in over 100 drops.

drops dont seem to be dropping for me...

though i do admit, lvl 2 clue scroll drop on harpies seems to be down, tho everything else seems normal, that only happened on 1 run, and i was used to getting a scroll within 50 kills... so even that's questionable

as for lower gem and item drops... its hard to say

i killed about 1.5k banshees, not a single mystic glove, then again, i got a half key...

i think it's just luck...

grand99-3-1.png

0h n0es everyone not getting rare drops! : \

its all random whts drops u get so dont expect to get gooduns all the time

I think most of us know that there is a difference between rare, semi-rare, clues and good drops. I believe drop rates for clues and good drops have been adjusted. This from my own experience and that of three other "stay in the field" manic friends.

Some people actualy kill 187 monsters without a break other than dropping off inventory in their bank then running right back. And some of us actualy do this three times per day for Slayer assignments. Doing this gives you an insight or intuition on how random 'luck' works in the game. Even if you know the odds or not.

Having one or two days a week of doing that with no luck is very common. But two weeks straight of bad luck... and that actualy happening to serveral people? This is not normal.

I'm trying to collect the White Mystic from drops and killed 2k rockslugs with no glove drop. But then i killed 30 banshees and got a black glove drop. Also ahve gotten 2\3 white hats from basilisks, 2 white boots from cocaktrices, and i didn;t even kill over 500 of each of those. I have started hating rock slugs cause there never going to give me the gloves.