whats the deal with poh's? (player owned houses)

allstar

My account was hacked almost a year ago and i recently got it back, i remember poh's were being developed and anticipated before i was hacked and i havent seen or heard anything about them since ive been back.

sorry if this is a common topic i just want to know whats going on

-AllStar3bp

heh so what happened? did people just stop talking about them and they died out? It was a pretty popular discussion in the forums, has rs or the mods mentioned anything about them lately if they are still working on them or what?

i dont know a lot about them myself, but i think they mentioned it when they added farming back in july of 05. ive heard around the forums that they might be released probably around july of this year

This is my original signature. You can't touch this.

They said that at the end of last year they would come out... No luck. There not locking all topics about it on official forumms saying that there gonna 'come out with them eventually' so you know as much as we do about them :roll:

P.O.H...that soo anticipated skill...I don't think that it will be any good...just my own opinion :roll:

1) poh won't be a skill at a guess it will be a house or bit of land to whihc you can apply crafting etc to make it ur own

2)Jagex have said they are definately working on them now, but they keep hitting obstacles so are no longer going to give promised dates until they are actual ready

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Personally, I don't think POH are ever going to happen. And if they do, they'll suck like farming.

Moopy FTW, yet again.

As he said, they're undoubtedly gonna suck. Not only because it's gonna be an update that was forced onto Jagex by players so they'll be no heart in it, but because the idea just sounds plain stupid. There's no reason to introduce them; it'll just be a hassle.

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

here you go, this is the origional mention of POH's Here

dated 31 march 2004, at the top it said, been editited away scince: this is the list of updates that we plan to release bofore this coming year.

And at the bottom:

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more!

heres a list of more missing items:

Summoning spells - summon skeletons, demons, etc...!

Special organised game events on holidays.

Many new monsters such as Orcs, Lizardmen and more.

In game versions of our boardgames such as chess and draughts.(not quite)

More pets and followers with different properties and abilities.

Randomly generated scenarios, where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest.