Yew cutting : fastest money maker skill in f2p? I think not.

Guest Nezikchened

Guest Nezikchened

Everybody says that cutting yews is the way to big piles of money in f2p.

Of course rune mining is good but in f2p the rocks are in wilderness, too much risk there. So now I have done some research and found out that yew cutting is not the fastest money maker.

That one skill is Runecrafting. To be more exact : air runecrafting.

My woodcutting level is 77.

My runecrafting level is 56 = x6 air runes.

I calculated that if yew logs sell for 300 each, air runes 20 each and essences 40 each, then with the 6 air runes per essence it would be 3.75 rounds of air runecrafting (28 essences per round) to get the same price as 28 yew logs. 28 * 300 (yew log) = 8400 (28 yew logs), 8400 / (120 - 40 = 80)(profit per essence) = 105 (essences), 105 / 28 (full inventory) = 3.75 rounds.

I started runecrafting from falador east bank with 62% energy left. 4 rounds took me 6 minutes 30 seconds (had a little chat). Then I went to edgeville and started with 62% energy again. In 6 minutes 30 seconds I got 8 yew logs. Did again 2 times just so that I didn't get lucky/unlucky and the results were nearly the same (7 yew logs and 10 yew logs).

Therefore I can say that runecrafting beats woodcutting hard.

And runecrafting will become even more profitable when you get members.

And now I calculated that even if your runecrafting is 22 (x3) then you would still beat woodcutting if you had around my level woodcutting.

I hope that I won't get flamed a lot because of this, and I hope that this was actually some use for someone.

Guest Nezikchened
yes, but you'd have to take the trips runecrafting instead of having high detail on with effect sounds, chopping yews, and playing another game :P

I only have 53 WC, so lol

Well, that is true, but if people want faster money, then runecrafting is there, waiting. And I think runecrafting is fun, so I wouldn't play an other game.

Guest Nezikchened
mate, how fun can it be going back and forwards to a mutated stonehenge clicking several times making rocks with stuff painted on them 40 times every hour?

I play CS sometimes in a window format when I fish :D

Very fun, that's how fun it might be. And by the way, your site is nice.

mate, how fun can it be going back and forwards to a mutated stonehenge clicking several times making rocks with stuff painted on them 40 times every hour?

Very fun, that's how fun it might be. And by the way, your site is nice.

I'm very sorry for my fans out there anyways, with CS, basketball, Runescape boreness and school taking over my life, I don't have much time over to update that site.

Maybe a big update in a week? :P

Anyways, create a level 3 miner and level mining to 85 and go rune mining, it's fun and very rewarding.

I can make 200 yews in hour thats 55k.

And 5k airs i nhour thast 100k.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Yews are overrated; when people at Draynor willows reach 60 woodcutting they think they can finally earn millions effortlessly!
thats true, they are like: YAY! (other person)Whats up?

I GOT WC 60!! (other person) woow nice, ur rich now! YAY!

but hey, ontopic again, i dont agree at all.

yews is THE way to make money, its alot less work then mining/buying

ess etc.

that way i became (rich). yews is more fun too. :wink:

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

Rune mining blows both of those away. This morning I mined just a tick over 4 hours and got 111 rune ore. 111 x 12k = 1332k. Then divide that by four hours and you get 333k per hour. This was actually my personal record for most efficient rune mining because I was trying a couple new strategies. My previous conservative estimates were still above 250k per hour for rune mining.

Granted I have the advantage of scaring pkers off simply with my combat level, but I only encountered pkers on about 4 occasions.

Also I was using an addy pick, because I'm so cheap :lol:

31509signature.gif

Do airs sell for 20ea???

*looks at his 41 runecrafting*

*runs off to buy 10k essence*

*Teleports to fally*

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Cs 1.6 ?

yeah, I play with a small window and when I'm too busy with Runescape I camp. Some people are stupid, they don't see me if I camp at good places, they just walk by me without even noticing.

Cs 1.6 ?

yeah, I play with a small window and when I'm too busy with Runescape I camp. Some people are stupid, they don't see me if I camp at good places, they just walk by me without even noticing.

Whenever I try to window-CS, my mouse always screws up. Any idea why...?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

My most profitable noncombat skills are either cutting yews, 65 woodcutting. And soon to be Iron Arrow making. I buy about 15k feathers for 90k, 1k logs fo 15k, and mine 1k iron and smelt with rings of forging.

15k Iron arrows = 450k

345k Profit.

Or.

15k feathers, 90k

1k logs, 15k

1k Iron bars, 100k

=205k loss

450k - 205k= 255k Profit.

listen, cutting yews with a rune axe will make more money than crafting air runes. I got 1m from selling yews in under 27 days.

I got that much from making steel bars in that amount of time...

Back on topic, they are both are boring, but I prefer yews over runecrafting airs. :?

I_Am_Farming.png