discussion regarding jagex's latest poll

SenorTamale

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the max quest points ever since the start of RS2 I like to get quests out of the way so I get at least a small sense of completion from RS.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

198. ;)

I'm sure Jagex has some way of looking up who's done what quest. I could be wrong though.

oaky everyone YES jagex DOES have a way of telling who has done what quests, for all of you that havent been around as long as some of us oldbies heres the info:

back in 2002 they did a massive player "banning" of macroers, insted of banning the people they insulted them and dragged them thru the mud ( as they deserved) by 1 deleting all of thier items and 2 setting all of thier stats back to lovely newbie stats. this was called being "stat wiped" well this was worse then being banned because you still had the character and basicly starting over but all the quests were already completed so you wouldnt get the exp boost they provided. well because of this there were several things needing to be adressed

the members could no longer do herblore (required level 3)

there was level 3s in the heros guild and could wear rune plate as soon as they got the def level for it( this was before you could buy the map piece)

so to fix this they restarted all of the offenders druidic ritual and heros quest so they could no longer abuse the "bug"

needless to say vast majority of the people quit or started new characters i only know 1 person that was stuborn enough to keep thier name despite the obvious setbacks and labels placed on them

so to recap, yes jagex has a way of looking at peoples quests and have had the ability since rsc :-D

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

198. ;)

I'm sure Jagex has some way of looking up who's done what quest. I could be wrong though.

I don't think they do...

Remember when that rose1324... Got onto the highscores for everything with amazing stats like 5 months ago? Well, it was a bug that Jagex fixed later that day. Andrew then told everyone via message board on the main page that he "investigated the account" and noticed that she had very low stats and few quest points. This means that they probably can't find somones quest points.

*Note* This message was also taken away later that day.

I'm at 115 I think. I just don't like doing quests. Too boring and I could be raising my skills. Questpoints get you nothing.

fan of her's.
You know what I hate? People putting an apostrophe on a personal pronoun. STOP IT.

1) contrary to what (i think) most of us assumed, jagex can't look up lists of things like quest points. i thought that'd be something they would've added with rs2, but i guess not

I think that the can look this up. The poll is quite possibly a test to see how honestly people answer polls.

1) contrary to what (i think) most of us assumed, jagex can't look up lists of things like quest points. i thought that'd be something they would've added with rs2, but i guess not

I think that the can look this up. The poll is quite possibly a test to see how honestly people answer polls.

well what i'd meant is that it looks like they can't pull up a full list of people's quest points so they can look at the RS population as a whole like you can on the poll.

i'd say both suggestions are maybes, but what reason does jagex have to check for player honesty? in reality, what reason does anyone have to lie when noone outside jagex will be able to look at who voted what? to me it's a better chance that they're just doing a rough poll to see what to put for the quest point req for the 100th quest, like some said.

ubersig2se0.jpg

they obviously CAN check qp,and are looking for the percentage of people that lie on polls, so they can change their data accordingly

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

I myself have 197 quest points, I can't do Devious Minds because I only have 60 smithing and it requires 65 :( but besides that, I'm all done, I think it's an interesting inference, why would it be that Jagex could not check something like quest points?

-Xero