petition against RULE 8 banning innocents

gspbeetle

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your post on abolishing rule #8.

But also think of it this way.

What about those of us who have a pure, and don't have the time to get our new character all the way to level 76 fishing for sharks to cook? And what about getting money that you can't get any other way but with that 99 runecrafting on your main because of the bonuses in how many you can craft?? . . .

Forgive me if my point was already brought up and I passed over it . . .

When are we presenting these facts to Jagex?

Jagex are implying a "Fear Factor" here by ganning people for the slightest thing, what they dont relise is by doing this they are making the majority of the "people" ( runescape players ) unhappy, thus losing interest in the game, thus not playing, thus the loss of income.

What Jagex needs to get through, which i think they already know about is that most homes DO have a LAN connection to the computer, and banning them for that is the ONLY UNFAIR part of the game.

You, my good sir, make one of the best points in all of this. Jagex wise even.

The other area I strongly object to is the Hitler mentality to people who mention sites like this one to others who need help. Jagex supports Tip.it but bans any referrence to it in the game. Many players have already been banned as a result, i've mentioned this and other sites just to get rid of annoying people who just wont go away.

I also agree with this one even . . .

Any person could easily say that their "brother" is playing on a computer in the same house as you. They don't have any way to determine whether your brother is really a person or if it's the chair next to you. They enforce this rule in most cases, because they don't want even the slightest chance of someone cheating in their game. They have worked a long time to keep their game cheat/hack/scam free and however they are not perfect, they try their best.

This is a logical rule and should not be removed for the fact it could easily lead to people cheating. If you have a sibling that plays RuneScape you will obviously have to take turns or play on separate internet connections. I know many friends that have brothers or sisters that will switch off to play RuneScape. It is easy to get slammed by this rule and it is easy to avoid it, just try to be one of the people that easily avoid it.

The simple fact is that if you break one of their rules, you are not innocent.

Teach us how to "easily avoid it" oh mighty smart one. Especially with some of the "disabilities" many in this world have, money-wise, parental rules perhaps, and many other things.

and i think your confusing multiple logging in with account sharing. if you constantly shaere computers with your friends and stuff then they would be more conserned about account sharing. They catch you multiple logging in when you have 2 windows open on the same computer. jagex can't get rid of this or tons of people will make newb accounts and get on them because it is now legal for them to do so... this is bad. so they will never get rid of this rule. end of story.

Read more into the rule. Notice how it says no item transfering of any sort from one account on a single computer to another on that same computer? . . . (Not directly quoted, mind you)

Any person could easily say that their "brother" is playing on a computer in the same house as you. They don't have any way to determine whether your brother is really a person or if it's the chair next to you. They enforce this rule in most cases, because they don't want even the slightest chance of someone cheating in their game. They have worked a long time to keep their game cheat/hack/scam free and however they are not perfect, they try their best.

This is a logical rule and should not be removed for the fact it could easily lead to people cheating. If you have a sibling that plays RuneScape you will obviously have to take turns or play on separate internet connections. I know many friends that have brothers or sisters that will switch off to play RuneScape. It is easy to get slammed by this rule and it is easy to avoid it, just try to be one of the people that easily avoid it.

The simple fact is that if you break one of their rules, you are not innocent.

there are other rules against cheating and autoing scums already; thats why this rule seems pointless and fired to innocents which they are not intent to be aimed at. hope you see my point.

and i think your confusing multiple logging in with account sharing. if you constantly shaere computers with your friends and stuff then they would be more conserned about account sharing. They catch you multiple logging in when you have 2 windows open on the same computer. jagex can't get rid of this or tons of people will make newb accounts and get on them because it is now legal for them to do so... this is bad. so they will never get rid of this rule. end of story.

ironically, rule 8 contains both multiple logging and account sharing, thats why it seems to be confusing .

If you create more than one RuneScape account, they must not interact.
this has doubled what rule 6 has written.

read thorough the rule, you would find out that it would also ban you even you are using different computer to login the accounts, and it did happened (usually caughted by "absolutly nothing" trades).

I have two accounts. Can my friend play one so I can trade between the characters?

No, this goes against this rule. You are not allowed to trade between two characters owned by one player. You would also be in breach of the Account Sharing/Trading rule (see Rule 6).

the banning though mostly happens on computers under LAN, which shares the same ip, whom might be just brothers and sisters... this also alas, happened alot around.

mind you that, there is rule 7 that authorise power to ban autoers and bots. think about that also, do trading accross accounts gives any unfair advantage of gaining exp?

You make some very very good points here as well . . . Beetle.

This rule bans more innocents than rule breakers, and JaGEx really doesn't have the time to investigate every suspicious case. Away with rule 8.

Also agreed, it will bring many complaints. It will bring much fuss, and a lot of mindless, and pointless ways of getting rid of these rule breakers.

They already have rules to stop the rulebreakers, and have been taking action against them, with things such as the new "essence" modification/update.

I believe Jagex also wanted to prevent people from creating multiple accounts to earn free stuff from quests and transfer back.

As tight as Jagex enforces their rules, this one seems pretty loose. Everybody who has a pure as a side pker would be banned because the accounts aren't supposed to interact in any way. (Personally I find that funny because I see pures as people who got their main raped in the wildy.)

I'm all for it being taken off however.

~Treeofmight

I am a tree.

I believe Jagex also wanted to prevent people from creating multiple accounts to earn free stuff from quests and transfer back.

As tight as Jagex enforces their rules, this one seems pretty loose. Everybody who has a pure as a side pker would be banned because the accounts aren't supposed to interact in any way. (Personally I find that funny because I see pures as people who got their main raped in the wildy.)

I'm all for it being taken off however.

~Treeofmight

I'm not sure if that's entirely true, what you're saying at least.

Well, why . . . You ask . . .

I think this is because this rule is based entirely on "Multi-Logging In"

If you have 2 accounts on at any one point, they're not allowed to interact in any way, IF it should happen . . OR is it that you may not have any of your 2 accounts interact at all whatsoever, regardless of if you have one account logged in at a time or not?

I'm not sure exactly what the whole truth is . . . I messaged Jagex =\

Maybe some of you others should try messaging Jagex with this concern as well, so they can better explain themselves in their own rules?

Rule 8 - Multiple Logging-In

You may create more than one RuneScape account, but if you do, you may not log in more than one account at any time, and they must not interact with each other in any way. This includes 'drop trading' or any other method of item transfer.

Related Questions

Below are some related questions which may help you to further understand and follow this rule.

Why do we have this rule?

We have this rule to maintain a fair gaming experience. We donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t want RuneScape to become a game where everyone feels they need to use multiple accounts at once just to compete! ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s much better to team up with your friends.

Can I use third party software to log in to an account for me while I am logging into another (so that I personally am only using one account)?

No, you may not use third party software to transfer items - see Rule 7.

I have two accounts. Can my friend play one so I can trade between the characters?

No, this goes against this rule. You are not allowed to trade between two characters owned by one player. You would also be in breach of the Account Sharing/Trading rule (see Rule 6).

Can I give items to another player from one of my accounts, so that they can then give the items to another character that I play?

No, this goes against the rule. You may not transfer items between your accounts in any way.

My brother and I both play from our own accounts in our house. Is it all right if we trade items?

Yes, this is not going against the rules of conduct providing you are both playing from two separate accounts created by each of you.

To keep RuneScape enjoyable for everyone please observe and follow this rule. We will not tolerate disruptive players, and if you break our rules your account is likely to be banned. Members who are banned for breaking our rules are not entitled to any sort of refund.

Read . . .

It is against the rules to play two accounts at once... It is against the rules to use one account to make money.. then give that money or whatever... food or anything else to a different character... Whats so tuff to understand kids?? The only reason most of you have a problem with this is because you are cheaters.. and you think it should be okay to cheat....

Well, here we are yet again.

But this time, wanna know something?

I posted on the REAL runescape forums. And I didn't mention names, but I used some of your explanations to support my point.

My post is in the "Rants" section of the Runescape board.

I'll post the post on here that I made on the Runescape board.

WAIT, GAH! It's too long to put on here . . . How else can I show everyone what's going on in the thread without jumbling everything?

It is against the rules to play two accounts at once... It is against the rules to use one account to make money.. then give that money or whatever... food or anything else to a different character... Whats so tuff to understand kids?? The only reason most of you have a problem with this is because you are cheaters.. and you think it should be okay to cheat....

there are other rules to ban cheater...erm autoers, i cant think of any ideas how making two account and transfer stuff you earn from proper way has anything to do with cheat... i mean unfair advantages?

• 2 weeks later...

It is a senseless rule. Recently one of my friends got a ban for trading with his bro(who was on a different computer in their house, but on the same internet via router). I would love to see this rule gone because it is senseless; however, jagex will be done, even if it makes no sense.

casketwl7.png

Sig Under Construction

Current Goals: FIshing 91/99 Cooking 93/99

I am worried that one day I will be banned because of this rule. My best friend, my boyfriend, and myself all trade items, give each other stuff, and use each other's computers all the time. Something needs to be done about this issue of banning people without looking into the situation.

1337+Enzeru.png

It is indeed pointless as my brother and I use two different computers but the same routers, sometimes I go on his computer while he goes on mine

mathisfun.png

Many of jagex's rules blow....

They are the most pathetic rules i have ever incounted in my life of video gaming.

I have 3 people in my family who play on 3 different computers all the time...

You know how many times we have had problems with jagex trying to ban us when I pk with my brother or trade him half of a kill or loan him some items....

bogus...

It is a senseless rule. Recently one of my friends got a ban for trading with his bro(who was on a different computer in their house, but on the same internet via router). I would love to see this rule gone because it is senseless; however, jagex will be done, even if it makes no sense.

Funny you should mention that, I actually owe my bro 200k from a few months back when he lent me some dough for Full Torag (I was poor back then, shush :P ). I want to give it back, but thanks to Jagex's banhappy ways I fear that we may get both of our accounts banned if I try to repay him :? . Its too bad, hes lvl 67 and could really use the cash..

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I dont really have much of a problem with this since I always play from home since Im still 13. But if its affecting heaps of other people I guess there is no use for keeping it there.

When I first started, me and my mate shared one but I didnt know it was a rule. Our guy got banned for that so now Im sure Im the only person who uses my guy.

ohdearyouaredead3dl.png

ihavearightfinald5er7be.gif

• 5 weeks later...
Guest rsd95
Oh and it is possible to ML in the same world, but i'm not telling how :P

*sigh* yes, i know how to too, my friend uses it all the time, and he told me about it, i said "What the (i cussed and i not gonna repeat it)!!!!!! Your gonna get banned, Idiot!!!" He said "nah, i not gonna get banned"

Don't use it if you know how to!!!!!!! you never kno when jagex might find a way to catch people doing this!!! :!:

I don't say that this rule shouldn't be demolished, Jagex should just find a different way to catch people breaking the rule, instead of banning the innocent people. Lets just hope jagex is changing the way they find people breaking the rule [-o<

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys listen.jagex never listens to anyone but themselves.they r just tryin to make the game fair but the dimwits cant comprehend that brother and sister or best buds might trade or give items.im totally against drop trading.but im also against people being banned for being nice and giving their friends or family stuff.

signed.

p.s.~good luck gettin this to jagex because they never listen.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Okay, I'll start by pointing out the fact that my sister and I use the same computer to play RuneScape, and we get in no trouble as long as we don't log in at the same time.

The part against 'drop trading' actually, believe it or not, is made for your PROTECTION. That's right, I said PROTECTION. there are many stories like

"I was drop trading to my side and all my items were stolen" the person who took them is not scamming, but the person who lost the items was b reaking a rule when they lost them.

There is a reason for each and every RS rule (even 15 *laughs*) that I can find, and if you have any ideas on how they improve, be my guest! :twisted:

The Zebera is getting faster! The road to 99 Agility

Previous 99s (in order)

Fishing, November 23rd, 2009.

Attack, November 23rd, 2009 (got it about 10 minutes after Fishing)

Hitpoints (well, it was back then), December 28th, 2009

Defence, February 27, 2010

You have my support on this =D>

Let me just say that because its a rule I respect the fact that JAGEX should take actions against people who break it. However, there are alot of people out there who do not understand the rule and continue to unknowingly break it. This has to be the most controversial rule, and I fear that the day will come when JAGEX will take firmer action with regards to this rule, as we have seen that they can.

Also for those who may shrug this off, lets not forget those who suffer because they have been wrongly punished.