petition against RULE 8 banning innocents

gspbeetle

This rule is really stupid. I constantly live in fear of being banned, because my great friend irl that I have know for 5+ years and I lend each other stuff all the time, like cannons, and d weapons, whips, etc. Also, we play a lot on his two computers in his house...

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support kinda...

What about drop trading - You all for that too?

First Post ftw 8)

There's no rule against people giving away free items. How is it fair my best friend IRL can start with an advantage that *I* earned, but I can't myself keep the advantages I've earned when I make a new account?

Alright, I can tell this is probably one of those ignorant crowds who thinks that all JAGeX wants to do is make you hate the game (that's counter productive by the way) so I'll simply state my points and let you read them.

1) Economy: Alright, so now you're allowed to have multiple accounts logged on at the same time. Well then, I'm going to start up 15 yew log cutting accounts and start making me some money. Think about that, yew log cutting alright makes some nice cash as it is, multiply that by 15 and now I'm making some good money. Oh but wait, now we have a sudden overflow of yew logs into circulation. That's going to effect the economy guys ;) and not in a good way. Gotta think about these things.

2) Server Strain: So currently everyone is allowed to have one account per player. Some worlds are already full, many are close. Let's just say, everyone has two accounts running at once, that's a fair bet since not everyone will MC but those who will will probably have more than two running. Currently the vast majority of the worlds have over 1,000 people playing. I do believe the worlds can handle about 2,000 people before they become full. So now you've essentially doubled server strain. Suddenly virtually EVERY world is full. Uh oh, you see, NOW we have a problem. Because for all those extra yew log cutters people arn't going to buy them members (oh, and lobster catchers, and ore miners, shall I go on? No, I think you get the point.) So now servers are full but they don't have more money coming in. Now /that/ my friends, is a loss of profits. Bandwidth doesn't come cheap you know.

3) PC Power: Now, not everyone has a very good machine to run Runescape on. Pretty much everyone can run one copy of runescape just fine, but not everyone can run five at once just fine. Suddenly success is no longer aboutt he person, but their machine.

4) Macro Farms: Macro Farms are nothing new to MMORPGs. I'll use a couple of MMO's as examples. First off, Tibia. Tibia for a long time has an extreme problem with macro farming. I've seen pictures of people with 13 druids sitting on a roof with a macro running them all to make UH runes. What are UH runes you ask? Well, they're the equivalent of a shark, only there is only one class on the game that can make them. Lineage 2. Lineage 2 has a slightly different macro problem. You see, people take the money made from macro farms there and sell it for real life cash. Now, you're probably saying to me "But macros and selling in game items for real life cash is against the rules". Why yes it is. But how much longer will it be if you remove this rule, which serves a very good purpose, before you remove the no macroing rule, which serves a very good purpose. Even outside of that many people multiclient as it is, yes, most of them will be banned eventually (thank god) but in the mean time the damage to the economy is done. So once you allow MCing it's even easier for somoene to start a macro farm then send the items through several characters to a main, or to have it be sold online.

I hope you all now understand that multi clienting is not as small of a deal as you guys seem to think. It is, and can become quite the problem. I don't suspect many of you will understand this, but hopefully some will.

Hosan.png

Alright, I can tell this is probably one of those ignorant crowds who thinks that all JAGeX wants to do is make you hate the game (that's counter productive by the way) so I'll simply state my points and let you read them.

1) Economy

2) Server Strain

3) PC Power:

4) Macro Farms:

I hope you all now understand that multi clienting is not as small of a deal as you guys seem to think. It is, and can become quite the problem. I don't suspect many of you will understand this, but hopefully some will.

good state, however i think you somehow miss the point entirely...

*sigh*

muti clienting of cause not a jolly nice thing that everyone want except to those who cheat, and to do muti clienting, you must be cheating (rule 4) which requires a modified client

to those who decide to marco, they are offending rule 7, which was marcoing

therefore the current existing rules already provides enough power to punish whom who play the game unfairly, rule 8 seems to be unnecessary

also, please aware that rule 8 also attach a tag which states a pointless rule that dont allow account interaction

1) Economy

2) Server Strain

3) PC Power:

4) Macro Farms:

good state, however i think you somehow miss the point entirely...

*sigh*

muti clienting of cause not a jolly nice thing that everyone want except to those who cheat, and to do muti clienting, you must be cheating (rule 4) which requires a modified client

to those who decide to marco, they are offending rule 7, which was marcoing

therefore the current existing rules already provides enough power to punish whom who play the game unfairly, rule 8 seems to be unnecessary

also, please aware that rule 8 also attach a tag which states a pointless rule that dont allow account interaction

I think you missed the point of my post. I covered rule number 8 about macroeing in it. By the way with how wouldcutting is now, all you have to do is click one, it's not like how it was back in the day.

Also, you do NOT have to have a modified client to multi client. I'm not going to say how since I don't want more little kids knowing how but it's been known for years a way to do it without using a modified client.

Hosan.png

Oh and it is possible to ML in the same world, but i'm not telling how :P

Oh man you're cool :roll:

godwhatatard3tj.jpg

(I do not cheat, never have cheated, and never intend on doing so.)

I think you missed the point of my post. I covered rule number 8 about macroeing in it. By the way with how wouldcutting is now, all you have to do is click one, it's not like how it was back in the day.

also, you do NOT have to have a modified client to multi client. I'm not going to say how since I don't want more little kids knowing how but it's been known for years a way to do it without using a modified client.

oh well, i make a mistake about this and i agree that i was wrong. yet that wont still be much unfair, as everybody can do this, if you do it with the normal java way and can flip pages in every time to check (remember yew trees fell within seconds and fish spot moves?) also talk to random people, there isnt really much advantage

server strain? jagex dont cares, they will just give it to their advertising partners to brag how much players they got

i was thinking that unless you own a really powerful mechine, i found it hardly efficient unless you modified it a bit to bring it smooth after brought 4 RS applet up (with athon 64 x2 + 2g ram).

enough ppl already drop trade between accounts, and im counting the 1s that say so PUBLICLY. almost every1 has a main and a pure- and every1 who did would drop trade between accounts if this rule was abolished

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this petiton seems useless as that rule only makes the accounts intereacting illegal

It does not ban having multiple accounts

As long as each account is not logged on at them saem time and the accounts do not trade between themselves they are not breakibng the rule

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with ya. Drop trading is fine! b'cuz you've already earnt something why bother doing it again? Or if you have like 10k bronze arrows lyeing in mains bank, and your pure has 25 gp, i reckon it's fine to give to the pure!

untitled2.jpg

NOT GIVING AWAY NEW ACCOUNT NAME.

this petiton seems useless as that rule only makes the accounts intereacting illegal

It does not ban having multiple accounts

As long as each account is not logged on at them saem time and the accounts do not trade between themselves they are not breakibng the rule

i think you are mis-understanding the point, what is the difference between "you" owning an account and your "son" owning an account and both being logged in at the same time,

My GF has 2 kids and we all play RS together through 1 router and I always give them free stuff, and why not, I earnt it and i can do with the goods as I please, somtimes my missus does not like going to world 2 to sell stuff, so she gives me the goods I sell them for her and give her the money back, Am i doing somthing wrong? according to rule 8 i am, but I am perfectly innocent. (I can get a better price)

The game of Runescape is based on friendship, trust and hard work, but Rule 8 just contriviens all that Jagex is trying to achieve.

You cannot have one rule that states players can not trade items between accounts owned by the same person, and in the next sentence say its ok to trade items with your brother on a computer upstairs.

I pay for 4 accounts, so techniclly I own those accounts, so where do I stand? Now can you see the problems this causes :)

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

I definetley agree because before my brother quit I was always on one computer and he was on the other and he used my items all the time. And when friends come over I lend them items when we're on seperate computers.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

i fink the rule should be scrapped aswell cause me and my bro often trade stuff at my grans and she has wireless we havnt got banned yet but if all the stuff on here is true it wont be long till one of us is banned will it.any mods out ther plz help us dont be all stuck up and say just cause it a rule means we cant get rid of it, contact jagex and try and help us plz

Drop trading?

That should be fine....

But I think the point in the rule is that you don't have multiple people logged in, like if one account is mining ess, another is selling stuff, another is smithing....

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

some people train 2 accounts at once though

example: someone is cooking on there main and training combat on their pure, the account cooking has to be checked every 45 secs or so and the pure has to be watched almost all the time

alot of autoers transfer things to their mains

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

some people train 2 accounts at once though

example: someone is cooking on there main and training combat on their pure, the account cooking has to be checked every 45 secs or so and the pure has to be watched almost all the time

alot of autoers transfer things to their mains

Training 2 accounts at once is wrong though, this will get you banned and to be honest there is no need for it, play one at a time and keep it fair.

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png