Barrows For Lower Levels - ed 25 Oct 2006 (AOW discussion)

Satenza

Hee hee, still goin. Someone bump Leesters guide \'

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has fire runes, air staff and a law, thats a varrock teleport right there.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I DID IT! w00t!

ty for your guide. it was my first time too. I used your guide, and tweaked some of it. at least it worked! =P~

tipit15zi.png

what i wore.

tipit28mp.png

I put my food in notes until i got to the mor'ton genny store..saved a lot of my food from dying. I sold it to genny store then bought it back. thats why my food are in notes and i got the $$

combat 86. TY.

orly9sv.png

prayer bonus here is not a MUST i have +6 to pray when i do this. The prayer draining from u using it is far to little to the suckin pray that barrows does

Erm yes it is as this guide shows that your praying on all brothers, and using Monk Robes. Theres no need for things that don't give prayer bonus.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

prayer bonus here is not a MUST i have +6 to pray when i do this. The prayer draining from u using it is far to little to the suckin pray that barrows does

Prayer a bonus is not a must? It IS A MUST, especially for lower levels.

Picture it this way, if you have +100 magic bonus, and it doesn't kill any faster than having -10 Magic Bonus, then WHY on earth should you bring something that DOESNT make a difference? It is a plain waste of money. Prayer Outfit however can mean that your prayer can survive one more drain. That is VERY important for money purposes meaning that you do NOT have to drink unnecesarily. I tried Mage outfit, and prayer outfit, and guess what? On average, the mage outfit saved me 5 casts, but wasted me 2 doses of prayer more than prayer outfit. do the math : 5 magic dart costs at most 2k, 2 doses costs more than 4k, so i have lost 2k every run. This is an unnecessary loss. Sure one could argue that 2k per run isnt much, but why waste the money when you can save it.

Also i ran out of prayer more often at the wrong times with mage outfit than prayer.

By the way, for the question about the chain, you can replace it with rune plate, but you need to bring d hide as well, because rune plate incurrs ranged penalty. the only reason why chain is in there is that there is no ranged penalty and gives good melee defence down in the tunnels.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

On the Tip.it Guide it says you should bring some melee armor..? I dunno what should i do. Making a trip right now World 26 anyone wanna come?

There is no reason that you should be confused. The tip it guide and this guide's approach are different.

This guide's approach is that you pray through EVERY one of the brothers, so it would be much more ideal to have prayer outfit, and no melee so you can carry as much supplies as possible.

However, the tip it's guide is the money saving approach (though not entirely the most efficient method), is that you do not prayer on Torag and Guthan, and what you do is wear the bet melee gear and mage these 2 in melee gear. Dont worry, you will still hit them pretty badly (in fact from my experience it doesnyt make much of a difference). However i dont like the use of mage outfit.

For the ultimate money saving method, i actually recommed wearing Verac's armor (NOT SET, i am NOT talking about verac'ing all the barrow brothers), and mage the brothers in that (maybe change the shield when against different brothers), this is because it has melee defence for torag and guthan, prayer bonus for Dharok and Verac, AND it doesnt incur as heavy magic bonus penalty as other melee armors.

tim_chenw2.png

I think the best way is taking ahrim top and bottom,with guthans helm and the rest of guthan in inventory. Blast through guthan and karlis with mage outfit.Use leftover prayer on Verac and then switch to using guthan armour when it runs out. Take out Torag (who has now been updated and is much more accurate - leaving guthan the worst brother) then Guthan with armour.

Switch to dhides to kill ahrim and heal off the monsters down below (blood worms are the best for this). Hardly use any food.I did it yesterday with cakes. I don'treccoment that though :-w

Signature3.gif

I stand by my prayer outfit, until i can get to lv 99 prayer :P

Also blast through guthan with mage? i suppose you mean Dharok right?

By the way :

1. You mentioned torag being much more accurate, would that have been a while now or has he suddenly boosted in attack over the past few days?

2. is it just Ahrim hate me or does he still hit hard through d hide armor? I use karil's armor because it has better mage defence bonus, and i still manage to eat more food than the other 2 lessers combined. I am starting to use p pots on him now...

tim_chenw2.png

Thank you!!! For my first barrows run I used this guide!! I dont remember exactly what the guide says (i open it up when I'm doing a run), but I suggest that lower levels should take a guide or more experienced player with them. I was about 80 combat when I started (85 now) and during the 3 times i've gone to barrows, there was always an experienced barrower with me. :P Thanks guys! (if you're reading this)

Oh and by the way, stupid me forgot the "accept aid" button on my first trip. #-o It was pretty funny though. Stupid teleotherers were in Arim, not Dharok. Scammers need to get smarter... :roll:

mug12se2.th.png

I stand by my prayer outfit, until i can get to lv 99 prayer :P

Also blast through guthan with mage? i suppose you mean Dharok right?

By the way :

1. You mentioned torag being much more accurate, would that have been a while now or has he suddenly boosted in attack over the past few days?

2. is it just Ahrim hate me or does he still hit hard through d hide armor? I use karil's armor because it has better mage defence bonus, and i still manage to eat more food than the other 2 lessers combined. I am starting to use p pots on him now...

Yeah, i meant dharock ^.^

1. For a while now.

2. They updated Ahrim too a while ago and he's much more accurate.You pretty much have to pray through him now. It's cheaper than wasting the food on it.

Think we learned a lesson, never say the brothers are too easy or Jag make em' better (Guthan is the easiest now btw ;) )

Signature3.gif

For those reading this guide :

'Easiest' and 'Easy' are 2 completely different words, so never underestimate them.

tim_chenw2.png

Ok I'm lvl 85 combat. I have 71 mage and 59 range. Along with 47 prayer. But...I have a problem. I use about 11 doses of prayer pot a run. I did one run, and only used 8. But i didnt pray on torag or guthan. (and Verac who was in my tunnel)

How can i use less prayer pots? #-o

mug12se2.th.png

Get your orayer, range and mage up. Aswell as defense.

Signature3.gif

Update to deal with the Verac prayer thing. I'll do a little more on it later.

Signature3.gif

Update to deal with the Verac prayer thing. I'll do a little more on it later.

I hope you will :pray: i was in the middle of trips right before that

Also, this guide is still working great for me!

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

Okay, i just tired and with prayer verac is still really easy if you have more then 20hp. He just hit a 16 then 0 0 0 0. So the change isnt that big. But his tomb was really crowded.

Also, 10th run using this technique and still on karils top.

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

• 2 weeks later...
I think kill counts a scam :-X Ive got a guthan and torag plate 7 trips apart with 6 kill count. Satenza do you still use this guide? Im guessing no, and if you are you should make a guide about how you do it right now.

My second guide,based upon how i do it now is linked in my Sig.

Signature3.gif

Thanks sooooooo much !

I used this guide for my first run (with a few little modifications e.g. zammy robes, no mystic stuff)....

And ended up with Ahrim's Robeskirt !!!

This guide rocks !

Currently playing on War of Legends (Royal Gardens)