Barrows For Lower Levels - ed 25 Oct 2006 (AOW discussion)

Satenza

Tip.It staff note: This guide has been copied to the Archive of Wisdom http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=560193

This original topic is for replies to the author and discussion.

A Level 70+ Barrows Guide

Since I started Barrows at level 75 I have tried many different methods and used guides which are usually written for the higher leveled player. Barrows is for the 90+ . Since I started I have grown in levels and am now 85. And so use a more cost effective method. But I went back and did an old barrow run so I can show you what levels, quests and advice I can give.

1. Requirments

2. Quests Needed

3. Guide

4. Updates

Requirements

60+ Magic

40+ Range

43+ Prayer

50+ Defense

50+ Strength

50+ Attack

Quests Needed

Priest In Peril

Nature Spirit

Starting Off: East Varrock Bank

Ok, to start off we need a few essential things. At level 70 Barrows is NOT a cost effective money maker, just a bit of fun. So HereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the items required.

barrow2.jpg

Wielded

Prayer Bonus: is a MUST. We will be praying through all of the brother and therefore need prayer boosting clothes and stats. A +24 Bonus is adequate for this.

Ring Of Life: just in case we forget to pray ect on one of the brothers and the tear you apart.

A Holy Book: Advise is to use a Zammy or Guthix prayer book as they give a good attack bonus to your magic a Sara one will only add to defense which is not needed since we are praying. These are all replaceable if you die. You can get these after ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâHorror From the DeepÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢. For more information check the quest guide on that. If you do not have one of these use an anti - dragon fire shield. Or any other which does not have a drastic effect on your mage bonus. This is also advised as it gives a pray bonus.

God Cape: Gives Mage Bonus, free and easy to get another if you die.

Holy Symbol or either Sara or Zammy: Zammy is recommended because it gives prayer bonus and attack bonus. Where as sara gives prayer and defense. Over all just another Prayer Bonus.

Mystic Gloves & Boots: Any color will do. Mage bonus is needed for faster kills.

Arrows: You need either Rune or Adamant arrows, and a Yew or higher bow. These are a MUST as this is the best way in which we can kill Ahrim. (Note: In picture they look like iron, but they are adamant).

Inventory

Spade: Most necessary item here. You need this to break into each brothers crypts.

Runes: We will be using ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâFire BoltÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a low level attack but very effective on the barrows brothers and less expensive than higher leveled spells. Also the chaos gauntlets recived from the family crest quest can help here. But are not essential.

Ranging Equipment: Take either full dragon hide, the best you can use. Or Dragon hide legs and a rune chain. And then a yew or above bow.

Prayer Potions: Next we have the most expensive part. We here have 9 Pray Potions. 3 - 4 Are for safety as you will probably not use all these. Depending on your prayer level this will be consumed through out all brothers.

Food: We only need food when were in the tunnels. Prayer will protect ALL attacks from the brothers. But we do not pray in the tunnels. Which is home to a number of nasty creatures. Not much of a problem but food is needed. Not this much, about 5 shark will do if your very low defense. I usually use only 1 but take four just incase of ghosts in Mort Myre. .

Next Stop: Mort Myre Swamp. WALK THERE

We need to save our run energy for when we are in the swamp. Ghasts attack our food, which makes it un eatable. So its good to take a few more shark then you need.

barrows3.jpg

Once you have entered the swamp. Run to the nature prayer alter. This gives a 2+ to prayer and while not much is worth it.

You should have done this quest. So you will know how to get there. Remember run along the coast.

barrows4.jpg

The Barrows.

barrows5.jpg

Walk through Morton and you will come to the Barrows.

Here a map of the barrows. Showing you where all the Brothers crypts are located.

barrows_map.png

The Melee Brothers

If you go into a tomb and it says: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâThere is a tunnel hereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ select not to go down it yet. And continue with the guide. We shall deal with this later.

Dharock is important to do first because he is very deadly without prayer. Remember, stand on his crypt. Put auto-cast on. And dig.

You will end up in a small crypt. Now out on ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâProtect From MeleeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ and search his tomb.

He will appear. HeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s easy to kill with prayer. So just mage him until he dies. This is the same for all the melee brothers. Repeat this process for all melee brothers using the map above to dig into the correct crypt. When fighting keep your inventory look on the prayer screen. And when it hits 15 drink a dose of potion. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t let it fall below this. Guthan can drain heath and relinquish his. So he heals himself occasionally. So heÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll take a little longer.

In the picture I am fighting Torag. I lost health because I didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t put on pray. So remember Pray in a must!

EDIT: Verac hits through prayer see the updates section.

barrows8.jpg

After killing all melee brothers go over to the rangers tomb. Repeat this process but use ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâProtect From RangeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâ instead. His bolt racks rip through you otherwise. He should take longer to kill because of his Armour. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t worry. You magic goes through 9/10 hits.

barrows9.jpg

Ahrim The Mage

Now itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s time to switch to your ranger equipment.

barrows7.jpg

Kill him in the same way except use ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâProtect From MagicÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢. Use ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâRapidÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ attack. Depending on your ranger level this will take a little longer than the melee brothers.

barrows6.jpg

Tunnels

Once he is dead come back out and to the tunnel that you found during the time. If AhrimÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s tomb is the once with the tunnel, wear your ranger equipment. If not use the mage equipment. So if you get a melee or range brother who has the tunnel in their tomb. Use the mage outfit to kill him. If itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the mage use the rangers.

Once in the tunnels your object is to get to the center. Where the chest is. Turn prayer off! itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a waste. And eat accordingly when down there. When you open doors trying to get there your final brother may appear if so just kill him in the tunnels. Once he is dead continue heading to center room.

When you get to the door leading into the center there is a puzzle to be solved. you can find these on the official Barrow guide.

When you get to the center room, and havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t had the final brother once you open the chest he will appear.

barrows10.jpg

Once you have killed him search the chest. And you will get items. If you have a full inventory they will be on the floor. So pick them up..Then teleport out as the crypt will rumble.

My loot was in this trip:

barrows11.jpg

So as you can see. No every barrows trip will reward you with a million gp item. Som go 150+ runs without any item but runes, money and bolt racks.

Barrows is fun, and really is not an effective money maker at this level. Good luck and I hope you take some of my advice on board. It's iimportant that the barrows is fun for you aswell as rewarding. So take time, and don't panic. Panic attacks lead to a loss of time and money.

Updates

1. Ahrim is now much more accurate. Leaving Ahrim more tough without prayer if you decide to do it this way. I would not advise it as he hits often now.

2. Torag is now much more accurate, he is no longer the easiest brother, Guthan is. With no prayer he is still moderatly easy and so if you decide no prayer is needed mage him with good defense. And Utilise the sidestep shown in the tipit guide.

3. Verac now hits through prayer, meaning you need a good defense against him Prayer will help a little so it is advised you do so and use the sidestep shown in tipits guide. This is very important.

Click Here to check out my masters Barrows Guide if you no longer need this one.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go barrows my self, but im combat level 88 so that guide wont affect me.

But that is a really fantastic guide for lower levels.

Extremly well done there.

interesting, im only lvl 76 so i might try it

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

Great guide, I have one suggestion, if you take a prayer book it would be better to use a zamarok or guthix one, not sardomin. Because since you are praying you don't need a defense bonus, only an attack bonus.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

Another great low leveled Barrows guide, I'm might try this out sometime, a quick question, how many chaos rune should you bring?

Depends on your mage level. I take 150, at level 70 magics. That would do for a level 60 though. I take more just incase Karlis decides to be a idiot on that day. :)

Great guide, I have one suggestion, if you take a prayer book it would be better to use a zamarok or guthix one, not sardomin. Because since you are praying you don't need a defense bonus, only an attack bonus.

True, I'll add that in as a suggestion.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Good luck, i have tried to make this as little costing as possible. most items such as the prayer book only costs money for filling it up. Then you can get it free when ever you die. Monk robes are free, God cape is free, and a few other items aswell.

Thanks for the great comments guys. And if you use this guide post back on how you went on and if you were successful or not.

Signature3.gif

Chaos Runes are BOLT, not BLAST, unless you have the Family Crest gauntlets as Magic gauntlets to raise the power of bolt spells (might be worth a try, as they are another "replace free if you die" item)

I ahve added thanks. And sorry about the mix up. Bolt spells work best for lower levels. There cheaper and work well against the brothers. Also a lot cheaper. Deaths you get can be kept or sold to regain some money back.

Signature3.gif

im thinking perhaps i should post my guide? im level 72cb and i do barrows almost all day. my inv is as follows posted in rows and exact positions

1k deaths 5k air 50 law spade (makes for fastest switching to prayer)

4 prayer pots

rest lobs and karils bow

i usually do a run on 2 pots and 5-10 lobs

3 pots if it is karil in the tunnels so the 4th is a failsafe of kinds

i wear myst hat boots and gloves(well now inf boots but either way)

black dhide body and legs wield lava and godbook and 1k racks in my quiver

glory ammy and seers ring(newly added feel free to use anything)

kill dharok first. then exit 1 dose kill guth. exit 2dose kill karil 2 dose kill torag 2 dose kill verac. that leaves ahrim in the tunnels whom i do not pray on. if anyone else is your tunnel you just skip over them and use a safe spot in the tunnel. if your killing ahrim in his crypt i do so when my prayer is lower than 10 as in that gear he hardly hits so why waste doses on him when u can eat 2 lobs.

i make atleast 15 runs a day with this set up. i havent done naturespirit or anything so i just tele back to var and bank pray at the temple and go again.

16kc everytime ive never ran out of prayer pots worst was one dose left as guth kept healing and ive never returned with less than 4 lobs.

btw i do have 81range 74mage but thats not needed at all. i use fireblast and only range ahrim so 59mage 70range is needed for this exact technique

Please do not post your guides here. If you would like to add a guide, post a new topic. This will just confuse.

Signature3.gif

It's more for the tunnels. I didn;t add that in because you really just want to get to the center at this level. But if your going for 10+ kill count rune chain is good. It is better than taking both a green dhide body and rune plate, cheaper also.

Signature3.gif

Wow, i normally ancient the barrows with ice blitz or smoke blitz, but i found one bad part to this guide and that is that you said to bring over 5 prayer potions, but i always finish the barrow trip (with this and my own method) using only 2 (4) prayer potions or 1 and a half super restores.

but all together really nice guide, keep up the nice work

penguinesigrq6.png

Wow, i normally ancient the barrows with ice blitz or smoke blitz, but i found one bad part to this guide and that is that you said to bring over 5 prayer potions, but i always finish the barrow trip (with this and my own method) using only 2 (4) prayer potions or 1 and a half super restores.

but all together really nice guide, keep up the nice work

Thats because your combat level is 88 :)

Signature3.gif

I am a hi lvl barrower and love to see guides for low lvls.. Less questions for me!

neway.. on the prayer book. I would suggest Guthix for def.. If you are not getting kill count (which you only need 8-10) why not have better DEF? help you eat less when running through barrows.

Also When you are running thro doors at barrows and a brother apears. Walk back through the door you came. Suit up, drink your pot, set your mage attack. Then go back in. He waits for you at door. Be careful sometimes a second bro will appear on the toher side or a second one will apear when you go back in after gettin set. I have gotten 2 dharoks before, which was a real adrenaline rush.

Anyway..I have made over 200m there and so I don't mind passing some helpful hints...

goodluck

deangut

TY! for that great guide...

Just 1 question...

Im mage 65 should I use wind wave or fire blast???

And are rune and addy arrows still a must??? ( I have ranging 53.....)

kkthnxbye

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Iforgot.. 1 last question....

Should I use full initiate instead of monk robes????

They give better prayer and def bonus...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Better prayer but heavier when running through mort myre. If you want a higher defensive level, beause your isn't very high initiate is a good choice. If not the monk robes.

Monk Robes = Free

Initiate = Full Set 20K

Not much but for some it could be. I tried making this as cost effective as possible.

Use the chaos fire spell. Much cheaper then anything else and very effective.

And yes, adamant arrows or rune are a must for all barrowers.

Signature3.gif

Nice one, but you shouldnt wear rune chain when you only use it for ahrim. Rune chain doesnt give any magic def, while dragonhide body does :)

You also might add that its better to wear chaos gaunts. this way you hit 15s with fire bolt.

Keep up the good work.