Tip.It Is Safe?

Known2Own

I juust want to know if tip.it is safe. I've used many other fansites but tip.it seems to be the best. I want to make sure it's safe because I don't want anything funny happening to my pc.

I'd like people to post please.

Yea, I'd say Tip.It is one of if not THE safest fansite on the web. :D

The only sites to be suspicious of are those that have downloadable options, because one never knows what one is downloading...

And if you're worried about security, also go out and make sure you have good antivirius and anti spyware software. I think that Tip.It has some suggestions, as does Jagex on the main site.

Well Tip.it contains no links to download 3rd party Runescape clients or other dodgy stuff, and the staff on the forums are constantly watching for dodgy people posting links to bad sites.

Occasionally in the past we've had some problems with the ads on the site, but not any more as far as I know :)

So to sum up, of course Tip.it is safe :D

Obviously, none of these people know me. I am the most unsafe thing on the web. Blahaha!

:lol: I love the smart comments you make Blipo. Though OOC people need to be a bit loony to keep the dedication of Cabbage Picking. :lol:

EDIT: Worthy to be on my sig. :wink:

If you use Firefox with the Adblock extension, you don't even have to see any ads that would be suspicious.
Except that would be Very Bad because tip.it relies on advertising revenue to survive, remember?

How would the advertising company know anyway?

So in other words just keep it a small secret. :lol:

If you use Firefox with the Adblock extension, you don't even have to see any ads that would be suspicious.
Except that would be Very Bad because tip.it relies on advertising revenue to survive, remember?

They record how many times the ads are loaded and how many times they're clicked on. The higher these numbers, the more Tip.it gets paid.

I juust want to know if tip.it is safe. I've used many other fansites but tip.it seems to be the best. I want to make sure it's safe because I don't want anything funny happening to my pc.

I'd like people to post please.

Nah, we all just joined tip.it to get hacked.

Of course it's safe :wink: Welcome to the forums.

They record how many times the ads are loaded and how many times they're clicked on. The higher these numbers, the more Tip.it gets paid.

Which is why I open up IE everyday here and go click crazy. Tip.it has been the best part of my online life ever

deadforumslol.png

My firewall blocked a dll from installing when I was browsing the forums? Weird..

Not much problems though, the most irritating is the ads, used to pop up every page I browsed here when I was using IE, but luckily now I've switched to Mozilla..

Edit: The dll file my firewall blocks:

bleh0rw.png

sokbanner1v3ta0.png

You are correct. Blocking Flash, ActiveX, and popups are probably more efficient to keep revenue coming but avoiding security risks.

u don't download programs from here.. suspicious pictures tat mite carry trojan are disabled.. so far i'm good.. dun worry alrite.. look since when i joined..

The only sites to be suspicious of are those that have downloadable options, because one never knows what one is downloading...

Probably a good approach

Well Tip.it contains no links to download 3rd party Runescape clients or other dodgy stuff, and the staff on the forums are constantly watching for dodgy people posting links to bad sites.

Occasionally in the past we've had some problems with the ads on the site, but not any more as far as I know Smile

Also correct. We keep an eye on suspicious links, censoring some that are known to be unsafe or generally against the rules here, and watch for any bad ads that might slip through, taking care of them ASAP.

Obviously, none of these people know me. I am the most unsafe thing on the web. Blahaha!

:lol: I love the smart comments you make Blipo. Though OOC people need to be a bit loony to keep the dedication of Cabbage Picking. :lol:

EDIT: Worthy to be on my sig. :wink:

Firefox added a Blipo blocking option a few months ago if I remember correctly. :wink:

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.