Older persons who play Runescape

Kanonator

43 yr old young female. I've been playing RS for approximately 4 years now as a total way to relax and have some fun after work or when I'm home - it's more entertaining than watching tv. I know many other players in their 30's and 40's - we were part of an online community and through word of mouth many in our group began playing. :D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 45, got started when my kids began to play 5 years ago.

Recently got 99 Smithing, max melee, mage, range, cooking, over 1850 total skills and I pk a bit.

Its a fun game, especially when the kids get mad cuz I own them in every skill.

You only get one chance to live your life....

But, endless opportunities to screw it up.

PioNMax2.png

Pio "But your honor, he deserved killin "

Judge " Fair nuff, the defendant is free to go"

I think older people can enjoy the game more. They play to unwind after a stressfull day, or to have a little fun. Most younger people only think good graphics make a game good. Older people find entertainement value a more important factor then graphics. I my self play to unwind after a school day. I'm in my final year at high school so it's nice to unwind on runescape. Also older people act more mature then for instance 10 year olds. Ever seen a 40 year old say "fr33 st00f pl0x!". Highly unlikely.

PS I'm 18 but I'm considered the most mature 18 year old in my school. Which isn't really hard :?

single_skill1135725421.png

im14 (yr8) i started at the start of last year and most my frends play but thats beside the point my mum plays my dad plays there both in there 40s my mum lvl79 and my dads lvl 104 and we hav mor computers tahn ppl so all of us are usually on :roll:

WOW! Well hello to all the older players! I just turned 43 and I've been playing since RSC, I don't play RS much anymore, but just to see ppl I know, mostly younger ppl on my friends list. I do have a friend that is over 25 tho. I get alot of insults as well from mostly young teens and a few shocking words from children under the age of 12, and I DO mean SHOCKING! I started out playing on Atari at age 24 and I've loved RPGs the most. I do help others that are low lvls and that just started playing, most "KIDS" won't give others the time of day, which is very sad in deed. I also play Knight Online, Conquer, MU (heroia private server), all of them are online RPGs. I also had to get a PS2 to play the game I saw advertised on TV. So, if we older ppl have no life and are all big, fat perverts, then why are all the younger ones hanging around us so much? LMAO! I get my son (age 16) to want to play almost every RPG I play, we love to interact with eachother, even his friends want to join me..............HEHE!

I get alot of insults as well from mostly young teens and a few shocking words from children under the age of 12, and I DO mean SHOCKING!!

I have to agree. I am 35 myself. I became a paid member as a treat to myself, for my birthday, only been playing 2 weeks and I am level 30. I am very proud of being level 30. I can't Pk for squat tho *shrug* :D

I remember what being a kid is like. I laugh it off. As someday they will be sitting here, an adult. They don't know me at all. I ignore them. If they are rude then, that's up to them.

:twisted:

Just turned 18, and played the game for 3-4 years before I retired in 05 (was 17 years old at the time).

My opinion: (even though I'm not included, unless some 10 year old reading this thinks 18 is old lol)

Its ok for the older generation to be playing it. They didn't have this when they were younger, online gaming is still relatively new compared to the entire span video gaming has existed. RS does seem designed for all ages. However, I don't personally in real life know anyone older than the age of 20 who plays RS. The grown-ups around me looked at vid gaming as a complete waste of time.

In 10-20 years it'll be a common thing for adults to be playing online games.

But I do know that online games are addictive, so unless I'm really stressed out then, I don't expect to be playing to be playing any. I'm the kind that tends to lose track on time when I'm enjoying something.

i have a friend called porg1 i cant remember how old she is but over 60 im sure she is kind doesant play often (high lvl) and i dont c the point in even acuseing them of being too old if your too old to play game or have fun then whats the point of livin people live of laughter these days

I enjoyed reading this topic :D Interesting to see many people over 20 play. I'm only 15 myself. Neither my mom or dad play, my dad is always about work, always need to find something to do and my mom doesn't go on the computer that much. I've been playing for almost a year now (April 2005) and im Lvl 90, infact i just got 76 fishing and going for 80 cooking (79 atm)

No one in my family that I know of plays this game. Last year a lot of my friends from school played in computer class and during the summer. Now it's died down. only about 3 of my friends play from school now... at least that i know of.

1600+ Total.

18.3m/25m - DFS (or maybe a BGS)

well im 25 and i go to uni and ive played runescape for 4 years and my uni mates dont have a prob with me playing and my chemistry techer plays it he is a lvl 90

wow your professors play rs? scarey. my mum is a teacher and i couldnt imagine here or any one of my teachers playing rs.

i guess it makes sense that so many elderley people play rs. if anyone asks my age i tell them i'm 67 playin' rs from a nursing home. its an evasive awnser, i know yet i don't really want people to really know how old i am.

i just really thought the adults who play runescape would be moderators or somthing. i just find myself incapable of seeig an adult who is a noo to others. i just dosent work. it seems that in my mind, i regard all those annoying people as younger than i. maybe teens, byt certainley not mature folks.

it seems that most of the older-than-average runescape players seem to have high stats. tahts its my idea of how things should be. the old people have high stats, then i can idolize them more. i read more than many people my age do (on summer vacation i can average over 150 pages per day) so i mainley play runescape to fill in the gaps when i'm researching things. when i am not milti tasking i oftentimes find my self bnored of an understimulation of my neurons.

anyway, have a nice day everyone!

tipitlessersigea3.png

well i'm 11 years old too :) but i'm turning 12 soons o yar. but it's good older people play. But i don't wanna get beaten in duel arena by my grandpa in retirement home (he lvl 117). It's a bit sad that he plays, but he gives me freebies so why not :lol:

rsn: edric chia<<-----thats me

untitled2.jpg

NOT GIVING AWAY NEW ACCOUNT NAME.

well i'm 11 years old too :) but i'm turning 12 soons o yar. but it's good older people play. But i don't wanna get beaten in duel arena by my grandpa in retirement home (he lvl 117). It's a bit sad that he plays, but he gives me freebies so why not :lol:

rsn: edric chia<<-----thats me

Lmao :P Sorry for laughing, but I just found that hilarious :oops:

I can't see why everyone seems to make such a big deal out of "old people" playing RS. Majority of the players from back in the days (or the most famous ones so to speak) are between 20-40. I'm 19 my self and have played the game almost from the start, with alot of breaks though :)

to me it is kinda odd find out that some people who play r in there 40s and stuff but hell my uncle is in his 50s and plays starcraft and warcraft (games i play when not on rs)

im only 14 total addicted and might try and convince him(my uncle) into joinin up on runescape

Hummm.. Not always to be Old means to be Better..

In fact, there are a loot of "masters" who have 10 or 11 years old.. and beat "noobs" like me in a snap..

And is very, very interesting how kids think.. and how this generations are coming with "cyber-concepts" so clear.. They are so smart..

Man! when I have 10 years , i was a baby.. I never had imagined a computer on-line game like this..

Just at 12, I knew the first computer.. one Texas Instrument 86 (yes.. with 86 instructions predefined in BASIC) connected to TV...

And when the First Commodore 64 appears, well.. my world change!

So.. I do not agree with "older people" knows play better.. or are more "adults" than childrens when speak.. I saw older ppl saying no sense words.. or fighting like kids..

The real thing is In this game, all of us have the "game-age".. the "game-genre" , and the "game social class". ThatÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôs is the point in an RPG.

IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôm unnable to defeat a Green Dragon in real life.. no matter how old I am.. Or make a Mithril sword.. Or teleport to another place..

Thank you Jagex, and all community of online players, for help me to keep alive the Peter Pan that all we have inside.. :D

axel_phx.png

Hi!

I'm 34 and I love this game.........and I want to come in contact with "adult" players...........My name in runescape is "vlammetje4".......If u are over 25..........Add me..........

:? :| .... :|....Nu-uh...sorry to say it...but...uhh....other people, please complete this message.. :lol:

RETIRED:Xtnucx

Kanonator

Termionkatil

Undead Str

Led Floyd