Older persons who play Runescape

Kanonator

I'm 16 and play, not really all that old compared to any of u other guys.

1 year playing in a week and lvl 91. I believe I accomplished alot in that year.

8u7 7h3n 7h3r3 r 50m3 n00b5 7h47 45k m3 my lvl5 3v3ry f1v3 53c0nd5

^^^only happens when im the highest lvl fishing in catherby :?

#5102 to get 99 cooking

Current Attack XP - 7,3xx,xxx - Going for 99

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really pleased when I found a group of "older" players on the RSboards :P Had had so many people ask me my age, and when I replied, call me a sicko, or pervert, and run off, and it was starting to annoy me beyond belief :P

Still get told to "get a life" everynow and then, in fact yesterday when someone posted to us to "get a life" on the boards, I replied with this:

"get a life"

You know, I seem to hear that a lot from younger players that think for some reason older people shouldn't be here.

Just wondering, since they know all, if they could tell me/us how we should do that?

I mean, in between working, looking after, and spending time with my husband, doing the dishes,washing & other assorted jobs involved in running a household, going out on the weekends, AND my precious spare time on Runescape - where can I put this life thing that they keep telling me to get?

And what does it involve?

Cos you know, I'm really very happy with my life :) And I really really enjoy my time on RS :) And I LOVE that there's so many "older" players playing the game :)

To all of you older peopel out there, you shoudnt be pressured or in any way bothered by what younger players say. In the end of the day, you woundt take a sarcastic comment from your own children, so why should some lil child bother you?

Your happy with your life, most of you have kids, jobs and spouces so why should some annoying brat from RS tell you WHAT TO DO? :roll: Your adult for cryign out loud! :)

untained.png

untained.png

untained.png

Wow i read this whole thread.....amazing

i had no idea so many adults played RS, see when i quit back in 7th grade, i couldnt get away from it. Eventually i joined back and caught up with the few updates they had made during the 6 months or so i hadnt been playing. Then i got interested in WoW and DAoC and Guild Wars (i played all of those and still currently get on guild wars sometimes), so i quit rs for a second time. For some reason i relapsed back into runescape for a third time a few weeks ago----this is a sign!!----but anyways during those on/off periods runescape was put on miniclips and many little kids joined and their...immaturity just spoiled the game for me and im pretty sure many other scapers. Well ive gotten over that all and still enjoy RS. but, uh, yeh im not old or anything im just 14 lol but its nice to see a thread for the older generation of RS. I've never thought of it that way before...

I'm 17 i was introuced to this game in the huge break between year 11 and college. I use the game as a way to relax in the evening after studying 5 A-levels. I personally find the game a very good way for the young and old to mix and to learn the ways of life. I introduced my 10 year old brother, back then... who in turn introduced my 10 year old cousin. they both introduced all their school friends, My uncle and My brother's best friend's mum. All of whom are members... heres me thinking I should be rewarded! hehe

Runescape is a brilliant game, and I will be playing it for a long time, I'm currently level 64 due to college but its still fun when i get to play. :D

im nearly 16 but i have been playing for nearly 5 yrs... never had a period of not playing rs... im kinda addicted to it :lol: , but due to school im only lvl 79... (but it is my third main account :P) Im a member for 4 months now and i really enjoy being one...

the person who introduced me to the game was my cousin. he showed me the game, gave me some stuff to start with and learned me how to play it. now he is combat lvl 72 and i am lvl 79. unfortunatly he quit playing rs about a month ago... :cry:

Proud Member of G.U.I.L.D.S., a new kind of Community!

• 4 months later...
I'm 34, also an IT consultant. I run my own business and play Runescape to unwind while I watch my staff work :twisted:

I never say my age in game anymore though. I did once, and some young girl started sending me PMs saying I was some kind of sick pedophile groomer, and that no-one my age would play the game. That scared me to be honest. Nowadays you can't afford to be accused of that kind of thing.

Oh my god, that's awful. Some kids can be so small minded at times. :( I don't think they realise the seriousness of what they're saying. I'm 27 and I'm pleasantly surprised by how many "older" players there are.

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

^i guess it's just cos there are a few young rs players who can actually spell and actually care bout grammar. i don't ask people's age, for fear that someone might hit that report for asking personal information, but when they spell "sceptre" (like when the stronghold was released) as "sceptor" or skeletons as skelletons, first thing that comes to mind is "ooo..a young one ^^"

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

• 1 year later...
I'm 15, and where would I met the game for the first time?

Yup, school! (One of the small things it's good for)

Btw, I'm double the lvl of the guy who said me about the game :D

Same here, heard about it from half a dozen class mates. When I started, every single one of them was at least five times my level and I freaked out.

Now it's their turn to freak out; I'm at least two to three times the level of any of them. :XD:

Oh no.. I know some Jagex Mods who play with regular characters also. I will tell them to stop :)

BTW, they are clearly adults also...

99 Att, Str, Def, HP, magic, cook, fire, wc, mining, fletch, prayer, fish, farm

Over 2100 skill

134 combat