Older persons who play Runescape

Kanonator

Why do they? :shock: Don't they have to give they're 37 year old son money so he can get out of jail and pay his lawyer? That's my dad and Grandma for ya. :? Oh, and my aunts (41 years old and 43) also play. The 41 year old, Lvl 87. The 43 year old, Lvl 113... :shock:

IT IS A SIGN OF THE APOCOLYPSE

RETIRED:Xtnucx

Kanonator

Termionkatil

Undead Str

Led Floyd

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they? :shock: Don't they have to give they're 37 year old son money so he can get out of jail and pay his lawyer? That's my dad and Grandma for ya. :? Oh, and my aunts (41 years old and 43) also play. The 41 year old, Lvl 87. The 43 year old, Lvl 113... :shock:

I'm 28. The guy who introduced RS to me is 47. He's almost level 90.

My son plays too (under my supervision and assistance) and he's almost 7.

It's a game that's fun for all ages. Like chess (which we also enjoy).

What concerns me is when I see some people (young and old) take this game way to seriously. Like it's a second life they're living or something.

I'm 28. The guy who introduced RS to me is 47. He's almost level 90.

My son plays too (under my supervision and assistance) and he's almost 7.

It's a game that's fun for all ages. Like chess (which we also enjoy).

What concerns me is when I see some people (young and old) take this game way to seriously. Like it's a second life they're living or something.

Yeah, I think that's what's up with my aunt (Lvl 113). She plays it all the time except for when she is sleeping or taking care of her children. (Both 7 years old) I don't even think she works! :| :wall:

Kanonator

Termionkatil

Undead Str

Led Floyd

I'm 15, and where would I met the game for the first time?

Yup, school! (One of the small things it's good for)

Btw, I'm double the lvl of the guy who said me about the game :D

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I am not surprised to see older persons playing this game:

- I am 45

- Played this game for 7 months

- Became a member for 4 monhts

- Currently a lvl 100

- Many players on my friend list are over 35

I was helping my son on a quest to begin with and... lol

:)

TipItBanner.jpg

i know a guy whos 50+ or so

~bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

i'm 33 and have played this game for 4 and a half years.

the net is for everyone you'know. not just lil kids who've only just got out of nappies a few months :mrgreen:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

I'm 25. I started playing when I was at uni in the days of RSC. I found the site by accident and just loved it, as did a few of my friends..... In fact one of my friends old flatemates now works for Jagex, which we were majorly impressed with :lol: I still remember me and my friend playing in a crowded computer room at uni (in the student village) and my friend yawping about vampires attacking the village and people looking at her very strangely :lol:

Celticqueen.png

I'm almost 42. My son (11 years) got me hooked. Ive been playing since august last year (when i have the time) but im only lvl 66. But being 74 mining, 63 smitting and 64 crafting im very able to earn him (my son) some money. Have been playing computer games since Trek came out. I like the game and most likely will become a member soon.

Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.

I'm 11 and my teenage friend who I met on a game called Neopets (which I played since 2000, my sister introduced me to it :D).

I've been playing RuneScape since Novemebr of 2004 now. I have met a couple of adult players who are still my friends, and this woman I met has become a very good friend of mine She quit RuneScape a year or so ago (her real life and kids needed more attention), but we can still chat through MSN.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

Too funny. 40 here at level 113. Was helping my son with a quest and such then got hooked. Love the game, the thought it takes, the logic required. Although this game is driven by its economy and social value to the younger crowd, I do enjoy it and find it challenging and relaxing at the same time.

BeauxMc

I am also 11. Introduced to Runescape about last....June 2005. My cousin was 13 or 14 back then and I started a file. Addiction.My first account really was not good. If you check in highscores for Falsereason, that was him. Lvl 46, still no stats up there. :lol: And I made this new account about 4-7 months and I was 99.9% addicted to Runescape then. Now I'm Lvl 64 aaaand 35% addicted. :mrgreen:

Kanonator

Termionkatil

Undead Str

Led Floyd

Horray! Suddenly I don't feel so old! (21. . . birthday last week!)

But yes, 'older' players actually make up a HUGE portion of the gaming community, simply because they have the money to buy their big fancy computers, and after a long day at work, its an easy way to relax. My dad has a HUGE game collection. You have to remember that the gaming community started with board games and DnD I think 20-30 years ago.

So in a way, your parents were playing games before they were cool :)

Kah..... bah...... danm! Whats the third one again?

yeah im 26 and i play video games all the time. I was browsing through stuff on gamertagpics (for xboxlive) and someone had a link to it on their page. I checked it and played a little bit. I didnt really think it was that interesting at first. then a week later i decieded to give it another try and i really got sucked into it.

smallsig2.jpg

RS name- Lunar3klipse, banned 3-16-06: found out theres a new appeal system, I get an extra appeal, fingers crossed.

BTW: Ill give someone a serious dollar, if I can use more than 30kb for a sig size :/ its my hosting for crying out-loud.

yeah dude runescape is sooo addicting back in may 2004 i was a normal kid road my bike everywhere till june 1st 2004 i ruined my whole summer and half of 2005 because of rs and i still am lol but i take breaks and hang out with my friends whenever they ask me too

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

It seems like there's still a big stigma against older people playing video games. How many times have you heard something like "you must be some creepy 40 year old who does nothing but play video games" or "older and playing video games...yep, must be a basement dweller!"

Not to mention it would be a great way to connect with your kids- bonding through runescape!

Although I'm 19 and still at the young-tender-whole-life-ahead-of-me stage.

Oh and happy birthday Blackbane- my friend just turned 21 too (hello beer pong)