• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of CD's.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - The Good Son

Nick cave and the Bad Seeds - Tender Pray

Steely Dan - Can't buy a thrill

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Speaking of Heroes. Starts on terrestrial TV here in the UK tonight on BBC2 :D

Also means some europeans can catch it too if they can get the signal.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Heroes started on t.v. here a couple of weeks ago. :P You Brits are late. Or is this season 2 you're talking about? :P

ordered some cheapies:

Dinner at eight

The Big Sleep

M*A*S*H (de film) 2-disc

McCabe and Mrs. Miller

It Should Happen to you

I can't wait till end of the year. MoC will release the Mizoguchi box-set. But also Vampyr and Der Letze Mann will be released. :XD: :thumbsup: :XD:package%20ray%20bernard.jpg

Raymond Bernard Les Miserables (1934)/Wooden Crosses.

En in Pre-Order

41ltrS9M7ML._SS500_.jpg

21o4pav.jpg

51EH7M158YL._SS500_.jpg

Abhijan

51W0JzZRZQL._SS500_.jpg

Funeral Parde of Roses

51Z3C71RP8L._SS500_.jpg

Vengenace is mine

518pcw42%2B1L._SS500_.jpg

Toni

e6_saurabox_big.jpg

Carlos Saura's Flamenco Trilogy

21o4pav.jpg

PRE-ORDER!!!

Will be released 18 december!

51tydwn6wlss500tp7.jpg

the 5 disc version! (y)

In celebration of Blade Runner's 25th anniversary, director Ridley Scott has gone back into post production to create the long-awaited definitive new version. Blade Runner: The Final Cut, spectacularly restored and remastered from original elements and scanned at 4K resolution, will contain never-before-seen added/extended scenes, added lines, new and improved special effects, director and filmmaker commentary, an all-new 5.1 DolbyÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî Digital audio track and more. Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Edward James Olmos, Joanna Cassidy, Sean Young, and Daryl Hannah are among some 80 stars, filmmakers and others who participate in the extensive bonus features. Among the bonus material highlights is Dangerous Days, a brand new, three-and-a-half-hour documentary by award-winning DVD producer Charles de Lauzirika!!!!, with an extensive look into every aspect of the film: its literary genesis, its challenging production and its controversial legacy. The definitive documentary to accompany the definitive film version.

The Ultimate Collector's Edition will be presented in a unique 5-disc digi-package with handle which is a stylish version of Rick Deckard's own briefcase. In addition, each briefcase will be individually numbered and in limited supply. Included is a lenticular motion film clip from the original feature, miniature origami unicorn figurine, miniature replica spinner car, and collector's photographs, as well as a signed personal letter from Sir Ridley Scott.

Disc One

RIDLEY SCOTT'S ALL-NEW "FINAL CUT" VERSION OF THE FILM

Restored and remastered with added & extended scenes, added lines, new and cleaner special effects and all new 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio. Also includes:

* Commentary by Ridley Scott

* Commentary by executive producer/co-screenwriter Hampton Fancher and co-screenwriter David Peoples; producer Michael Deely and production executive Katherine Haber

* Commentary by visual futurist Syd Mead; production designer Lawrence G. Paull, art director David L. Snyder and special photographic effects supervisors Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich and David Dryer

Disc Two

DOCUMENTARY DANGEROUS DAYS: MAKING BLADE RUNNER

A feature-length authoritative documentary revealing all the elements that shaped this hugely influential cinema landmark. Cast, crew, critics and colleagues give a behind-the-scenes, in-depth look at the film -- from its literary roots and inception through casting, production, visuals and special effects to its controversial legacy and place in Hollywood history.

Disc Three

1982 THEATRICAL VERSION

This is the version that introduced U.S. movie-going audiences to a revolutionary film with a new and excitingly provocative vision of the near-future. It contains Deckard/Harrison Ford's character narration and has Deckard and Rachel's (Sean Young) "happy ending" escape scene.

1982 INTERNATIONAL VERSION

Also used on U.S. home video, laserdisc and cable releases up to 1992. This version is not rated, and contains some extended action scenes in contrast to the Theatrical Version.

1992 DIRECTOR'S CUT

The Director's Cut omits Deckard's voiceover narration and removes the "happy ending" finale. It adds the famously-controversial "unicorn" sequence, a vision that Deckard has which suggests that he, too, may be a replicant.

Disc Four

BONUS DISC - "Enhancement Archive": 90 minutes of deleted footage and rare or never-before-seen items in featurettes and galleries that cover the film's amazing history, production teams, special effects, impact on society, promotional trailers, TV spots, and much more.

* Featurette "The Electric Dreamer: Remembering Philip K. [bleep]"

* Featurette "Sacrificial Sheep: The Novel vs. The Film"

* Philip K. [bleep]: The Blade Runner Interviews (audio)

* Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep Cover Gallery (images)

* The Art of Blade Runner (image galleries)

* Featurette "Signs of the Times: Graphic Design"

* Featurette "Fashion Forward: Wardrobe & Styling"

* Screen Tests: Rachel & Pris

* Featurette "The Light That Burns: Remembering Jordan Cronenweth"

* Unit photography gallery

* Deleted and alternate scenes

* 1982 promotional featurettes

* Trailers and TV spots

* Featurette "Promoting Dystopia: Rendering the Poster Art"

* Marketing and merchandise gallery (images)

* Featurette "Deck-A-Rep: The True Nature of Rick Deckard"

* Featurette "--Nexus Generation: Fans & Filmmakers"

Disc Five

WORKPRINT VERSION

This rare version of the film is considered by some to be the most radically different of all the Blade Runner cuts. It includes an altered opening scene, no Deckard narration until the final scenes, no "unicorn" sequence, no Deckard/Rachel "happy ending," altered lines between Batty (Rutger Hauer) and his creator Tyrell (Joe Turkell), alternate music and much more. Also includes:

* Commentary by Paul M. Sammon, author of Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner

* Featurette "All Our Variant Futures: From Workprint to Final Cut"

:eek: =D> <3:

Inc. shipping 62 dollar at amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Runner-Five-Disc-Ultimate-Collectors/dp/B000K15VSA/ref=pd_bbs_3/002-5801047-4592015?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1185725414&sr=8-3

bladerunner5discultimatedvd.jpg

What a set! :ohnoes:

21o4pav.jpg

Sweet Daan. Thats such a great film! Ive been waiting for this version for a long time, dont think ill be able to afford the super cool case tho :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

No release date yet in the UK. Play and amazon show the 25th anniversary version as coming soon. But I think its only the regular DVD set and not in the case with all the cool bumpf :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Even if I have to get it from Amazon i'm getting my hands on that collection :D

EzyDVD's 'comming soon' ends Dec 5, so I bugged them with an email asking if it's on their to get list or not. If it is I hope like hell they have a price lower than having it imported.

<3 region free dvd players

My DVD player is region free too because I unlocked it. I have a couple of R1 DVDs but not many, you can usually get most things in the UK now that you can elsewhere. there's a couple of Aussie DVDs I want but its a [bleep] to import plus its a bit harsh on the environment to fly a package that weighs 100g across half the world.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

That Blade Runner set looks awesome Daan. It's also the only movie I recognize out of your last 5 posts or so :P .

My DVD player is region free too because I unlocked it. I have a couple of R1 DVDs but not many, you can usually get most things in the UK now that you can elsewhere. there's a couple of Aussie DVDs I want but its a [bleep] to import plus its a bit harsh on the environment to fly a package that weighs 100g across half the world.

This region free DVD player intrigues me. Where would I go about buying one, or learning how to make mine one? Don't really need it right now, but it would be nice to have the option to buy different region's versions.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Google for your make of DVD player. there's loads of sites offering instructions. All I hat to do was press a sequence of 7 buttons in a row and up popped a region setting screen and you just set the region to 0 which is region free.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

OOh, yea, Indy! Then you could start collecting Masters of Cinema as well. :P Because their collection is mostly NTSC instead of PAL!

21o4pav.jpg

OOh, yea, Indy! Then you could start collecting Masters of Cinema as well. :P Because their collection is mostly NTSC instead of PAL!
NTSC usually isnt a problem Daan because most DVD players can still play them even if they arnt region free. I have a couple of NTSC dvds that are region 0 and work on my other DVD player that isnt onlocked fine.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

NTSC usually isnt a problem Daan because most DVD players can still play them even if they arnt region free. I have a couple of NTSC dvds that are region 0 and work on my other DVD player that isnt onlocked fine.

It's not the problem with the DVD player. But an American/Canadian t.v. set won't support a PAL DVD. It does work the other way around though; a European t.v. set can support both.

21o4pav.jpg

51dOP1EVr-L._SS500_.jpg

Captain N - the complete series

51J9F5NS1HL._SS500_.jpg

Zelda complete series

Now all I need is Dungeons and Dragons animated series. Too bad Dino Riders isn't on DVD. Captain Planet would be fun as well.

21o4pav.jpg

ROFL i remember Captain N.

I'm saving my money for Futurama atm tho.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Yea, how great was Captain N. <4

OT:

Aaltra

515Vcui8f9L._SS500_.jpg

51zMigRJIrL._SS500_.jpg

21o4pav.jpg