Dark gloves

Freshwacka

Saying that the dark gloves are insanly hard to get( I have as well). I feel that they should be as good as they are.

Hm... they weren't really that hard to get. Killing all the monsters at the end was the only hard part (besides maybe the monkey cooking req.) The gloves are really good for what you have to do, but they're really awesome because you can't buy them. You have to be strong to get them, so you can't get those bonuses when they would help you way, way too much.

Infinity gloves are much easier to get than the barrows-colored gloves, just use up some runes or buy them, and don't even get me started on vams... :roll:

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets see here:

barrows gloves take 130k gp after completeing the quest and have 175+ qp

black vems take 1 black hide (3-4k) and find a lvl 79+ crafter which there is almost always one on in a popular world at al kharid bank who does it for free

barrows gloves give +12 to range att

black vems give +11 to range att

mystic gloves give +4 mage att

infinity gloves give +5 mage att

barrows gloves give +6 mage att

overall they don't make much of a difference to magic and range att

snipore85.png

lets see here:

barrows gloves take 130k gp after completeing the quest and have 175+ qp

black vems take 1 black hide (3-4k) and find a lvl 79+ crafter which there is almost always one on in a popular world at al kharid bank who does it for free

barrows gloves give +12 to range att

black vems give +11 to range att

mystic gloves give +4 mage att

infinity gloves give +5 mage att

barrows gloves give +6 mage att

overall they don't make much of a difference to magic and range att

+1 extra doesnt seem verry mutch... but as extra... it does realy count...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

To get the gloves you have to have done one of the, if not -the- hardest quest in the game (DT) and have 175 qp.

Not many people do that these days-I'm the only person I know with 210/210 qp.

Infinity gloves and dragonhide vamps are easier to get and much cheaper. Should something expensive and hard to get not be good? I like the stats, although they are out of balance when I'm fighting some poor guy who doesnt have them. The bonus for mage and ranged are -good-. If they weren't there, it would throw the combat triangle off-the mages and rangers wouldn't have them.

Therefore, although I do agree that they are quite powerful and nice, I disagree that the bonuses are too high. I think they are just about right.

To get the gloves you have to have done one of the, if not -the- hardest quest in the game (DT) and have 175 qp.

Almost there, 208/210 after MEpt1 completed last night. I think it's good balance, Those of us who choose quests over skilling or combat getting a reward commensurate with the effort we put in. Not saying that it's harder to get 210qp than say level 120 or a 1800 skill total, just that it's nice to get a reward along the path you've chosen, and aside from ancients, most quest rewards aren't that great.

siganizq4.gif

The gloves are fairly easy to get I did the quest on the day it came out without a guide so it's not like it takes a long time to get them. Then again getting dragonhide vambraces is even easier.

I beg to differ, just because it is possible to get it done the day it coes out does not make it fairly easy. I consider my self a good player, and it just took me all weekend, starting on friday. I was missing a few prior quest items, and had to remake/reget them. I also had to do one quest that was a req(shawod of the storm), and then a second quest after doing the subquests, because I was 173 quest points instead of the needed 175 to finish. Even if i had all the items banked, and all the quests done, I would expect the average player would take more than a day or two to do the quest without a guide.

I did the quest simply because I feel these gloves will be 'standard' equipment soon, much as the 'whip' is now 'standard' for any melee warrior.

Join the Corruption Clan... Tip.it's #1 PlayerKilling clan.

Check out my.

myrsblog.PNG

Click the little www link below.

Lol...I'm sorry...but I just cannot take you seriously. Have you EVEN got a pair of them yet?

The quests required to even FINISH Recipe for Disaster should be enough. Don't start complaining that we get something great for not being the skill noobs who have 100+ combat and STILL haven't completed all the quests.

They're not overpowered. The are fine, and they are justified by the long road needed in order to get them.

Also...Black vambraces have better magic defense than they do...and they're only better than infinity gloves by 1. Plus...infinity was never supposed to be a great set anyways, seeing as how Ahrim pretty much shames it's hat, top, and bottom.

Take it from me...someone with 210 quest points AND higher skills. I know it's not the hardest item to obtain...but not a lot of people have the determination to get it.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Do you realize the massive ammount of work it would take to get dark (borrows) gloves if you did it straight throught, just quests. An enourmous amount of time and effort. The recipie quest itself is easily the longest quest in the game not to mention legends, monkey maddness are also needed and 175 quest points. a massive amount of work, as far as im concerned that dark gloves maybe arnt as good as they should be maybe +13 or 14 to everything.

sig3gk6.png

Infinity gloves and dragonhide vamps are easier to get and much cheaper. Should something expensive and hard to get not be good? I like the stats, although they are out of balance when I'm fighting some poor guy who doesnt have them. The bonus for mage and ranged are -good-. If they weren't there, it would throw the combat triangle off-the mages and rangers wouldn't have them.

Therefore, although I do agree that they are quite powerful and nice, I disagree that the bonuses are too high. I think they are just about right.

I have 210 quest points, too. I've like always had all the quests done :)

But if you think about it, there's never really been a reward for having many quest points besides the tear's of guthix mini-game time (which isn't that different) (also, legend's and such qp req.'s really aren't high). This is the one quest and reward that requires the lots of qp's, many of those qp's not even being accompanied by much more than a little exp when getting them. So with that, I guess these gloves are justified. They don't give much more better stats in the range or mage, but they really do shine in their melee bonuses (especially str). Also, all of that combined is another convinience that all these qp's earned.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

I agree.

It's difficult to acquire all of the requirements for the quest- not to mention completing the quest itself.

I believe the melee bonuses are justified (except strength, that's a little overboard). However, I don't think they should be the best hand-wear for mage and range as well.

After all, wouldn't wearing barrows melee-armour decrease your mage and range offensive bonuses?

(For the record, I DO have the dark gloves.)

(also, legend's and such qp req.'s really aren't high). This is the one quest and reward that requires the lots of qp's, many of those qp's not even being accompanied by much more than a little exp when getting them.

Are you kidding? Legends had high qp req.'s when it was released... I know it doesn' debunk your arguement but its good to be aware of this fact.

idiot911.png

Proud member of 'the' clan for 5 years.

Join 'the' clan today

I am not the biggest fan of quests to be honest, I had about 155 quest points when this one came out, when I saw the stats on the new gloves (most interested in the strength bonus) I was motivated to get the quest points I needed, and to be honest, with the work it took to get the gloves I would be kind of dissapointed if they were not an "above average" quest reward. And I fell in love with these gloves lol :oops: , hitting 41 with whip now, and not losing bonuses when I switch to mage or range, hope everyone complaining don't get the stats messed up lol.

praycape,supergoten23.gif

I agree.

It's difficult to acquire all of the requirements for the quest- not to mention completing the quest itself.

I believe the melee bonuses are justified (except strength, that's a little overboard). However, I don't think they should be the best hand-wear for mage and range as well.

After all, wouldn't wearing barrows melee-armour decrease your mage and range offensive bonuses?

Who said that they are barrows gloves, and they should decrease mage stats?

of course I may be wrong, but as far I know, mod on the official forum calld them "dark" gloves

I agree.

Who said that they are barrows gloves, and they should decrease mage stats?

of course I may be wrong, but as far I know, mod on the official forum calld them "dark" gloves

Yeah. They have no relation to Barrows so I don't see the connection.

I don't have the Dark gloves or all the requirements to try for them(still gotta do some quests like DT and Legends). I'm perfectly fine with their stat bonuses. They're an excellent pair of gloves and difficult to get mostly for people who haven't done any of the required quests. If you want to have the best pair of gloves in the game, try working for it.

Noctis666.png

Fair reward

It usefull

Both infinty and black vamps canbe bought

And 175 might not seem as much for old players, but if you start up a new character. It's gonna take a fair bit of time to complete all the quests up to and get the required lvls

1 thing though is that they cost same as D gloves, and the difference is 3 to most stats.

Only the fairly easy fights between

newbankofrsyq0.gif

dark gloves need to be better than range and mage counterparts as they are better than klanks gauntlets.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

Looking at the immense list of quest, skill, and quest point requirements to get the gloves, not to mention how damned long the quest is, I think the dark gloves' stats are completely fair. If they were tradable, I could see why you would be complaining - getting something so powerful for such a little amount of money is ridiculous. Newbs everywhere would have them. However, since you need to complete this quest in its entirety including the final boss which contains souped-up (more powerful but different looking) versions of previous questsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ bosses, without prayer, and you need 175+ quest points and need to have done the hardest quest in the game, desert treasure, I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be seeing any level 60s running around with them, and probably very few people around level 75 that have them.

Infinity gloves and Black D vamps also can be bought for GP without any requirements other than magic and ranged levels, respectivly. Granted infinity gloves are a bit pricy and hard to initially obtain, they are much more pleantiful than these dark gloves, and are tradable.

And 175 might not seem as much for old players, but if you start up a new character. It's gonna take a fair bit of time to complete all the quests up to and get the required lvls

Exactly what I was thinking. I have completed all quests, I have a reputation among my rs friends to be the first one to complete newly released quests. But when I just became a member I looked through that immense list and thought I was never going to finish it.

I thought the gloves were a bit overpowered aswell, but when you would start with a fresh members account, even when you'd get high combat on f2p, it would take you at least 3 months to complete the 100th quest, if not longer. Therefor the gloves are a matching reward for the efford you put into having a high qp. Now if only qp would show on the highscores list...

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

While they aren't titled Barrows Gloves, they aren't titled Dark Gloves either.

You'd have to finish the quest to realize they're in fact barrows gloves. If you HAVE finished the quest, I'm surprised you missed the relation.

Go take a good luck at the chest now (if you've finished). Is it coincidence that the colour of the gloves changes to suit the next strongest armour class? I think not.

The gloves are simply too powerful for the slot. Now, don't get me wrong, I ADORE them because they are incredibly useful. BUT, they are WAY too powerful. +12 Str is just too high. Think of all the other strength boosting slots. +2 boots, +3 helm, +5 shield, +4 (?) ring, +10 neck. The boost from the gloves is the same as 2-3 slots as of now. I think all of the other bonuses are decent but the strength is just too high. I think that it should be scaled in the same manner as the mage att/def.

I think that we are becoming too powerful against each other. PVP will dry up once we can all 1-hit each other. Seriously, better weapons will HAVE to come out or high levels will become bored. Since there is a 99 cap for hp the max hit will eventually overcome that. Higher def armor will not lower the max hit but only the CHANCE of that max hit so better armor is not the answer. I personally think that in a year or two the max hit (due to items such as these awesome gloves) will surpass 99 and all PVP will go downhill from there. Who wants to risk serious gp when a SINGLE split-second of lag can wipe you out? First hit = victory or at least a much better chance of such.

Go ahead and ask if I have the gloves and am just jealous... *Looks at sig and :wink: 's*

I hope they DON'T get nerfed because they have a permanent home on my character (unless I am using the Family gloves for what they are MEANT for :P ) since they weigh 0kg. Glory, life, BOL, and DARK Gloves while doing anything but fighting FTW!

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

To those who are hellbent on proving that they have more sense being called "Dark Gloves," let me ask you this:

Is there such a thing called a Dark Platebody? Dark Platelegs? Kiteshield? Squareshield? Med Helm? Full Helm? Longsword? Battle axe?

...NO. There is not. However, the class above dragon is generalized into the name "Barrows." Therefor, since the gloves are above the "Dragon" Gloves, they would have more sense being called "Barrows" gloves. Hell...you could even go into specifics and call them "Dharok's Gloves" when you're wearing Dharok or "Torag's Gloves" when you're wearing Torag....etc....but DARK gloves? No...I don't think so.

And I really couldn't care less what a mod calls them. The fact is, Jagex DID NOT name them in game, so therefor, they can be called whatever until a time Jagex might attach a pre-name label to them. Until that time, I'm going by what makes SENSE, not by what some idiots think sounds cool. :roll:

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Hello, My newbie character truelly realizes why dark gloves are hard to attain.

In order to get dark gloves my 79att 40 def 84 str pure, i required:

298 non combat levels

22 requirment quests, then an additonal 80 qp

Legends quest, heros quest etc.

so yes, for some people dark gloves are far harder to attain then infinity or black vambs

Excuisador 90 att 46 def 99 str @ 100.89cb

Ar--edhel 84 def 85 hp 93 range 92 magic @93

FarCry - retired

Ar-edhel 99 att 99 str 99 hp 99 range 97 magic @117

Jagax can do what it want. if you want to complain don't spam TIP.It spam jagax.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-