GMU Final Four!

azntemplar_00

GMU beat UConn 86-84 OT to advance to the Final Four! What an upset! It's pretty amazing that GMU beat the past two winners of the NCAA tournament (Conneticut and North Carolina). I live 20 minutes away from GMU and I have to say that before this year, I didn't even realize Mason even had a team :oops:

cescsig.jpg

My bracket's already messed up beyond repair. I want GMU to go all the way, if not them, then LSU or Villanova (hopefully they beat Florida, not looking too good so far. :s).

I live really close to GMU to lol weird, i wanted duke to win but thats history, so ya... i have my money on the pats

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I can't believe UConn lost... :evil:

But good for George Mason, my older brother graduated from there as an undergrad. I guess since, like a lot of people, my brackets have gone to cabbage, I'll be cheering for LSU or GMU.

I don't think anyone has heard of GMU before this year.

I hate it when people say GMU beat the defending champions, because really they didn't. Carolina only *had* ONE guy from the championship team last year(Noel); the rest are freshman/people that didn't play much last year. Oh, and Roy Williams, the coach.

Honestly, I don't think GMU deserves to get as far as they have gotten. I mean during the regular season they weren't very good, now all the sudden they are beating top teams in the nation? The only reason they have one games, in my opinion, is because of what the strongly biased announcers have said about them. Their enthusiasm. They beat UCONN because they were the home team, and the only way they can do good is if they get momentum going. They don't really have any star players on their team. They just get lucky and have extremely high shooting percentages in the second half. They better not win the in the final four.

I hope that Florida beats GMU(Florida is a well balanced team, and GMU has just proved they can get lucky), and LSU beats UCLA(I guess I just don't like UCLA).

I would love to see anyone's bracket who predicted anything close to this.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I hate it when people say GMU beat the defending champions, because really they didn't. Carolina only *had* ONE guy from the championship team last year(Noel); the rest are freshman/people that didn't play much last year. Oh, and Roy Williams, the coach.

Honestly, I don't think GMU deserves to get as far as they have gotten. I mean during the regular season they weren't very good, now all the sudden they are beating top teams in the nation? The only reason they have one games, in my opinion, is because of what the strongly biased announcers have said about them. Their enthusiasm. They beat UCONN because they were the home team, and the only way they can do good is if they get momentum going. They don't really have any star players on their team. They just get lucky and have extremely high shooting percentages in the second half. They better not win the in the final four.

I hope that Florida beats GMU(Florida is a well balanced team, and GMU has just proved they can get lucky), and LSU beats UCLA(I guess I just don't like UCLA).

There ya go :D

That they can get lucky? Look what they did to wichita in the first half, they were up by what? 17 at one point? You can't just say that it's ALL based on luck, look what Uconn did just to get it into OT. They had to score 4 points in 7(or was it 5?) seconds. Uconn got lucky that GMU's foul shot didn't drop to force them to shoot a three at the end of regulation. That reverse lay-up needed the bounce to go in.

George Mason is VERY good on not fouling and giving the other team free throw shots. Their free throw shot total in their last 3 games before the tournament was something like 39. while their oppoents had about 17, IIRC.

Spirit and morale count alot in sports. If you don't want to win as much as your opponent, or you get too cocky, you'll probably lose.

Luck that UCONN scored that many points to tie the game? It's expected from UCONN to do that, as they have amazing talent on their team, not to mention that they were leading the whole entire game. So I guess that last ~45 seconds of the game may have been luck, but not really because they have consistantly done that throughout the season. That's why they are the number one team; they are supposedly better than everyone else. IMO the season records reflect on who the best team is, as opposed to the NCAA tournament.

Yes spirit and morale count a lot in sports. What you said was true. I guess I just hate it when teams win because of "spirit and morale" rather than actual talent.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Luck that UCONN scored that many points to tie the game? It's expected from UCONN to do that, as they have amazing talent on their team, not to mention that they were leading the whole entire game. So I guess that last ~45 seconds of the game may have been luck, but not really because they have consistantly done that throughout the season. That's why they are the number one team; they are supposedly better than everyone else. IMO the season records reflect on who the best team is, as opposed to the NCAA tournament.

Yes spirit and morale count a lot in sports. What you said was true. I guess I just hate it when teams win because of "spirit and morale" rather than actual talent.

When you shoot good you win because of skill. Just because they are doing good in the tournment doesn't mean its all luck, it means they have guys who do well under pressure. Just because their team is playing their heart out doesn't means they getting lucky. Its obviously a team that has a good streak going, like all teams do somtimes. But i would hardly call winning games like that luck.

Luck is like the Villi vs BC game were the refs kept calling/not calling agaist BC, and there was nothing they could do about it. thats luck.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

If anyone's bracket looks like this right now, they're lying. Not a single 1st place seed in? 11th seed George Mason upsets Conn? Whatta game. Don't get me wrong, they've put up some exiciting matches this year (a ton of OT and close upsets) but seeing the underdogs in the final four is boring to say the least. I'm all for Cinderella stories, love 'em in fact. But its just a plain and simply boring final four. Hopefully we can get LSU to pull out the winner.

signaturecj5.jpg

now i just need villanova to go all the way, and i go from having the least points in the first round to winning :P

too bad nova lost :cry:

on the bracket poll on espn.com that they do every year only 4 people in the entire nation picked the final four correctly :shock:

no #1 seeds in the final four kinda stinks for all the braketeers out there

I think it was awesome that George Mason did so well this year, that is what makes this tournament so fun.

I am guarenteed second in both my bracket at work and my family one.

Sadly the only time I have left is UCLA and I have them losing to Duke.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

If anyone's bracket looks like this right now, they're lying.

Today I heard a statistic about the brackets on espn.com. There's about 3 million entries, 4 had the final four right. 600 something had GMU in the final four. 200 something had GMU going all the way