Boy scouts?

godsfearme

Quit the boyscouts after two meetings. I really just wanted to go hiking in the woods and do cool things right away, but i realized i would have to go to all these meetings and then they don't even let the younger kids do all that many cool stuff, so quit. I just couldn't wait to be stranded in the woods and have to survive, refer to "mounting trip" topic.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

Oops, Adventurer (aka Green) Chord.

Left off some letters by mistake :x

That's in regular scouts here in SA, and yeah I didn't get that. I got the red and blue (pioneer and exporer?) chords but never got around to completing the green one. The main stumbling block was the full pack hike IIRC, but of course I've done a number of fullpack hikes since then.

Life Scout here. There was a divide between the boys that got Eagle with their Eagle dads helping them, and the guys that really couldn't care less, so I floundered after a while trying to get to Eagle on my own.

If my health was better and I had my adenoids and tonsils removed, then I wouldn't mind being involved again as an adult leader-- I could try for the Silver Beaver and Bronze Wolf awards, then. But mainly I would love to do some backcountry hiking and camping again.

They had Beavers here, all the way up to Venturures. That was for the boys, there was other stuff for girls. Also they have Air Cadets, sea cadets and Army Cadets. I was once in the scouts up to ventutures, and I was in Aircadets up intill the summer. I Thought it was ok... but giving kids the power to rule a squadron isnt a good idea...

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I agree. what people can do with a saqurand is totally amazing. I would not want to be on the other end of it.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

Eagle Scout here too 8)

A lot of the stuff is kind of tedious, like learning to identify trees, but for the most part I had alot of fun in Scouting.

It helps instill leadership and confidence in its members if they stick with it.

The troop I was in was very active, so I was able to go rafting, hiking, camping, etc. quite a bit. Plus all of my good friends were in it also (and all got Eagle Scout), so that made it easier to put up with the boring parts.

All in all, I'm glad I joined Boy Scouts. I did learn a lot from it, plus the Eagle Scout achievement helped me get into college and I'm sure it'll help when I apply for future jobs.

160vy.png