Boy scouts?

godsfearme

I just wondering if any one out there is a boy scout or the evqurlevant in your country. Half the people in my troop play the game.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

Guest AshKaYu

Uhhh . . . yes, there are boy scouts, if you are reffering to the good-community-helping group of 10-14 year old boys. I was forced into being one once >

I know if you become an Eagle Scout they award that person PFC(Private First Class) in the Marine Corps. Not sure on any other branch though.

HQ AND SPT BN

BRIG CO.

Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune.

PFC/USMC/060310-Current

Im eagle 8)

Took a 1 week survival trip and we ate only coconuts and pineapples looted from a nearby farm! :lol:

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Eagle Scout.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Quit. Started in Cubs, through Scouts into Venturers.

And what's with having 'boy' before it now :-\ I've always only known it as Scouts. Granted it was originally just for males (as Girl Guides remains females only) but not anymore :x

Quit. Started in Cubs, through Scouts into Venturers.

And what's with having 'boy' before it now :-\ I've always only known it as Scouts. Granted it was originally just for males (as Girl Guides remains females only) but not anymore :x

Here in America, it's always been Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts for as long as I can remember.

I'm Eagle! :)

I learned so much in my Eagle Scout project...it wasn't too difficult but I learned a lot through my experiences.

@darkrick: It's called Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts in the USA. They don't group them all together unless you're in venturers. They let girls be in venturers. In my opinion, it's not a good idea but that's just me.

I'm currently transitioning from a Wizard to a Mage and a Priest to an Archpriest. Lol both are nonexistant in the top 25. Hopefully I can change that. :D

Works here.

Although their 'no fraternization' rule did end up being a bit of a joke within my crew eventually :lol:

That's precisely why I don't think it's such a good idea. The main reason they did it is to keep the older boys involved. Girls are the key. But, then the guys have to "show off" to show how cool they are and they end up being distracted, in some cases mean, and just ends up in a bad place.

Not being sexist here...just pragmatic. :wink:

I'm currently transitioning from a Wizard to a Mage and a Priest to an Archpriest. Lol both are nonexistant in the top 25. Hopefully I can change that. :D

That's precisely why I don't think it's such a good idea. The main reason they did it is to keep the older boys involved. Girls are the key. But, then the guys have to "show off" to show how cool they are and they end up being distracted, in some cases mean, and just ends up in a bad place.

Not being sexist here...just pragmatic. :wink:

Can't say I have ever seen that side of things before. Almost every single group I have visited / seen has had a good 4 or so females. All of them just like anyone else. In some cases, better than and more respected than some of the guys.

Fear of "distraction", IMO, is a weak excuse.

Inability to keep people focused is the fault of the patrol leader, and or leader.

The female has nothing to do with it.

I've seen plenty of things distract males before, and I can honestly say that females ranked fairly low on the list. Their boy-ish obsessions (cars, sports, etc) dominated over anything else.

The only reason the no fraternization rule actually existed was to give the leaders and patrol leaders a baseline to stop them being, "unprofessional" really. Just like in the workplace. Which is perfectly reasonable.

In Holland we don't have all those ranks I'm reading about, just age groups (5-7, 7-11, 11-16, 16-18, 18+). I started when I was 7, became a leader myself last year for the 7-11 age group.

In Holland we don't have all those ranks I'm reading about, just age groups (5-7, 7-11, 11-16, 16-18, 18+). I started when I was 7, became a leader myself last year for the 7-11 age group.
In Australia we have:

Joey Scouts (aged 6-7.5)

Cub Scouts (aged 7.5 - 10.5)

Scouts (aged 10.5 - 14.5)

Venturer Scouts (aged 14.5 - 17)

Rover Scouts (aged 18 - 26)

I joined in cubs and have gone through scouts and venturers. I just recently joined Rovers. Yes there were girls in my scout troop and venturer unit, and there are in my rover crew too. I reckon it's a great idea :D

I don't do much badgework n whatnot, but I love adventurous activities (hiking, caving, mountain biking, sailing, rock climbing, abseiling, etc.) and the social side of it :) I do a bit of community service from time to time.

yea i was a boy scout to, (age 10-11) we allways messed around in the woods, cut trees and stuff, made bird houses, sometimes we checked someones new woodaxe out :P

The coolest thing of all: sometimes we did this game called ''Hollandse Leeuw'' (dutch lion) and you needed to run as fast as you can from a quite high hill, evrybody tackles eachother and rolled them down...

I was there with a good frend of mine,

but I quitted in a few months.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

I am a star scout right now about ready to move up to life. I just wondering if any body wants to go the the world jamboree .

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

I am a star scout right now about ready to move up to life. I just wondering if any body wants to go the the world jamboree .
I want to the 19th Australian Jamboree/22nd Asia-Pacific Jamboree :D

Last world Jamboree I could've gone to was the one in Chilli - only one person in my district went to that :(

Never going to forget the cauldrun at springfield, that thing was awesome.

I was in Cub scouts/Boy Scouts until the summer before my freshmen year. It was pretty fun, all the camping trips and Summer Camp and stuff, and I got to Star Second class or something. But once highschool came I just thought "wow, this is seriously really lame", so I quit :(

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

I'm an Eagle Scout, and I can say the stuff I've learned on the way will have made me a much better leader, etc. But if there is a stereotypical boyscout type, I'm definately not it. I did some great things in scouts as little as I liked the concept at the time. I went to Philmont Scout Ranch and did a 60-ish mile backpacking trip, what a great experience. It's a great thing to have on a college application and resume as well, being an Eagle Scout.

peterstretchfn5.gif

I don't do much badgework n whatnot, but I love adventurous activities (hiking, caving, mountain biking, sailing, rock climbing, abseiling, etc.) and the social side of it :) I do a bit of community service from time to time.
Did you at least get your venturer chord :P

I did bugger all work in venturers, but I at least got that :)

Did you at least get your venturer chord :P

I did bugger all work in venturers, but I at least got that :)

Standardisation, what's that? There's no such thing as a Ventuer Chord in SA.