Barrows, don't you just love it? Sometimes.......

Mollerz

So, I just bought my brand new Ahrims, and I completed Desert Treasure! Wow, it looks sweet. Let's go try it out at Barrows, so, as I do every day, I get my runes, my prayer pots, my sharks, my karils, my bolt racks, my X-bow and of course, my spade. Right, I'm all set. Let's go do some Barrows. OK, so as I do everyday, I walk to the back of Canifis pub. Climb down the trapdoor, go up into Mort Myre Swamp, take the boat to the barrows. OK, wow, this looks cool. I think I will own them brothers.

Dharok...owned

Verac.....owned

Guthan...owned

Torag.....owned

Karil.......Tunnel

Ahrim.....owned

So, I go back to the Karil mound and go through the tunnel, easy way to the centre. Right. So, I'm at the chest, drinks some prayer potion, eats to full hp, prayer ON. Completely owns Karil, 7 hit. Opens chest, wow! 800 chaos and 300 bloods! It's my lucky day, let's go again! Banks, gets out stuff for the trip, down trapdoor, through Mort Myre, and on the boat. Ok, oops, forgot sharks and prayer potions. Banks at Burgh de Rott. Goes back to the Barrows. Starts to kill the brothers again...

Dharok...Tunnel (That's just perfect (-.-))

Verac.....owned

Guthan...owned

Torag.....owned

Karil.......owned

Ahrim.....owned

So, I rush to the Dharok tunnel, now I'm in the maze. Rushes to the centre, no Dharok. That's good, he is protecting the chest! Pots up, heals up, prayer ON, opens chest. Lawl, Dharok you got owned in 8 shots, as he gets red barred. We'll finish this later. Oh c'mon Dharok! Pots up, heals up, prayer ON, opens chest. Owning Dharok again, lmao, Dharok gets red barred. Lol you got owned again. Prayer icon disappears, 20, 55...oops... :shock:

And I'm back in falador thinking, oh well, at least I keep my Ahrims items. Low and behold, in my inventory, Dragon Battle-Axe, Ancient Staff and Rune platebody. What! :shock: :shock: :shock: You must be kidding Jagex. Protecting Rune platebody over Ahrims. :? Well, there goes 3 million. I don't think I will be getting my Guthans as soon as I thought.

Oh well, I still have around 500k in runes, I can start off with that. Then, I clean my bank, what do we have here. 8k raw lobsters. I can sell them and get back on my feet.

I am not complaining about dying. This wasn't quite as bad as Leesters' Dragon Chain. But I am only 90 combat. Guthans seems quite a lot. I can earn my money back any way I want. Just be warned.

Life goes on...

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

i think the rating system for the 3 items is kind of stupid aswell, i lost my obby cape and sheild when i fell for the lumby swamp scam, but my rune plate and even legs were protected over them, anyway hope you get your stuff back and good luck with getting guthan's in the future

Candymann16.png

Pick yourself back up, and go kill them brothers. WHo knows... maybe inside the next chest there will be a guthan spear, verac helm... or bolt racks :D

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I remember mysteriously losing items and finding myself in Lumbridge when I used to do barrows near to when it came out. As the prices have dropped now I don't bother going but Dharok was the one I was always wary of especially as I didn't use prayer back then.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

OH stupid me! I either take a bow and arrows or xbow and bolts. :roll:

I lost my xbow so uhrmm....yeah...I'll edit that.

Thanks for all the good comments and feedback, I have rebought my cape, xbow, mystic (not bought back but in place of ahrims), rune, black dhide and glory. I got my zammy book back from the lighthouse aswell.

I might get Leesters to get this on the stories on Archive of Wisdom, that thing is da bomb :D

calciumpixelsigil3.png

ow i'm always lucky at barrows i died only twice (lost like 5m) and got like 20m stuff from the chest hehe :twisted:

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

unlucky dude, and the way it works is the shop price not the market price so when you die you will keep the things which are most valuable to gen store )i think this is how it works anyway...) but maybe they should reconsider shop prices or they way it works when you die

good lucky getting the money back

99 Range - 88 Defence - 91 Hitpoints

99 Combat - 1650+ Total

Yeah, I know it is shop prices but think for a second.

Rune - Level 40 defence to wield

Ahrims - Level 70 defence and 70 magic

Can you say Jagex are stupid? :roll:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

OH stupid me! I either take a bow and arrows or xbow and bolts. :roll:

I lost my xbow so uhrmm....yeah...I'll edit that.

Thanks for all the good comments and feedback, I have rebought my cape, xbow, mystic (not bought back but in place of ahrims), rune, black dhide and glory. I got my zammy book back from the lighthouse aswell.

I might get Leesters to get this on the stories on Archive of Wisdom, that thing is da bomb :D

I can help with that, *messages leesters*

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Lol, i did, I should have protected item, probably would have been a glory though. At least i have 500k in runes still 8)

glory is only 7k worth in general store so you wont protect a glory over normal stuff

Hate the barrows! Hate them yes i do! I love the armour yet, i seem to go through the barrows killing all 6 brothers gettign a kc of 25 each time. And what do i have to show for it? about 18k minds after 74 straight runs dry!

COME ON~!~ Thats 74 runs of barrows in a row that i got nothing!!! I am ultra anoyed i mean! Come on did Jagex do one of those other secret updates were they changed it so " Any one with a name starting with 'cota' and ends in 'matias' shall get no more barrows!" I swear Jagex is sitting around in a coffe break room laughing at that noob cotamatias that they have messed around with TWICE! All right wanna know the first time they messed with me? All right they sent me a fake mod letter in my offical RuneScape mailbox saying i was being considered for modship and i will find out about it in a month or so...yeah, a month. Guess how long its been since that fateful letter? ONE WHOLE YEAR! thats right Jagex not only messes around in RS they are changing a month to 365 days!

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

how the hell is this a warning, you should always price your items..... if you DID you'd know ahrims and karils armor, the robe, and leather top are only worth like 5k IF that

rune plate, is 85k or something from that dude near wildy, ancient staff is 80k dragon battle axe is 200k from heroes guild

maybe next time you should try using zammy robes...because mystic top saves over whip, and maybe ur unlucky enough to have a dbaxe and something else in ur inv, bam lost a whip.

zammy robes = cheap and easy to get dude, cmon if you die all you loose is like a glory or something