Blizzard's Next Project: World of Starcraft

Mr_Putter

It seems the next big thing from Blizzard is going to be another MMORPG, this time, in the Starcraft universe.

Full article and screens here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/worldofstarcraft/news.html?sid=6146918

This may be a April Fool's joke, who knows. It wouldn't surprise me though, if it's true. I don't really care really. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

Personally, I've never played Starcraft (one of only a select few of big-name PC games I don't have), but I bet this will be huge. The article says it's coming out for Korea first (probably a wise move).

Looks kinda cool, but I kinda wish they'd work on Diablo 3, or maybe, I donno a new franchise?

There's also some other big news from a well-known PC game franchise (though this news is not new today, actually about a week old now). But here's gamespy.com's description:

Battlefield 2142

The year is 2142, and the dawn of a new ice age has thrown the world into a panic. The math is simple and brutal: The soil not covered by ice can only feed a fraction of the Earth's population. Some will live, most will die. Players will choose to fight for one of two military superpowers in an epic battle for survival, the European Union or the newly formed Pan Asian Coalition. Armed with a devastating arsenal of hi-tech assault rifles, cloaking devices and sentry guns, players will also do battle using some of the most imposing vehicles known to man. Massive battle Mechs wage fierce combat on the ground, while futuristic aircraft rule the skies. When facing one of these new behemoths, players will need to use their wits and an arsenal of new countermeasures like EMP grenades to level the playing field.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I'm guessing it's a joke seeing how it was posted on Gamespot at 12:01 AM PST :wink: . Plus I didn't really find any mention of it on Blizzard's site. Though with all the attention that Warcraft has been getting from Blizzard the past couple years, it would be nice to see an additional game to the Starcraft Universe. I mean this rate, by the time Starcraft II comes out (should it ever), Warcraft 7 will be probably be out :lol:

cescsig.jpg

OMG!

Sorry about that. :oops: I've been waiting for another starcraft game for forever. It sold way better than warcraft and for being almost 8 years old, it still sells in most stores. It's a gaming legend. The only reason warcraft is so successful is because they keep on coming out with new warcraft games. I would play world of starcraft even if the subscription was $50 a month. OMG

superawesomesiggynessck6.jpg

Imhomer.png

Oh I wouldn't mind seeing some Ghosts dancing naked :wink:

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I wonder what I look forward to more, Word of Starcraft or this :P

ill stackhack everyone i dont like to hell(y)

lol

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned.