The Future Of Pking

elucin8er

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i agree changes or improvements need to be made, but your ideas are terrible. You can't just not let someone use prayer because they are skulled. Everyone should be entitled to use their arsenals of weapons and abilities when ever they choose. Also you can only teleport in lower lvl wild which is good.

they just need to expand it and make more areas and spawn more valuable items so more ppl actually go in the wild. Now barely anyone is there.. Just groups of clans roaming the barren land :)

I liked pking at the beginning of rs2 more then on rsc..... Here is what ruined the wilderness.... Teleblock!!! At the beginning of rs2 up until teleblock there was always an escape route.... This made people MORE willing to fight... When teleblock was introduced the escape routes got taken away making people wants TEAMS to feel comfortable which turned into a " Who can get the biggest team " contest. Back then teams went to multi and solo'ers went to the strip from pirates to axes. Which I thought was much more fun then rsc. In my opinion the real solution would be. Make teleblock work from 30 wild and below.

I must say, these are good ideas.

Prayer - exactly, Saradomin seems to handle defense. So when you do something that ticks him off, he shouldn't help you. Yes, the abyss is a problem. But, we've seen that it's a Zamarok technology - so really, you should lose prayer there too. I say this as someone who only crafts via the abyss, too.

As for teleports, I don't think that necessarily works as well as the prayer point, if only because magic isn't really tied to any god.

On a related note, I'd love to see city guards attack skulled players on sight.

id love to see areas of the map thats "classic"

like, classic style castle wars, duel arena,

even classic wilderness, like if you walk east of varrock into wildy, it turns to classic type rule, no tele in 3round, no eating no running(at all)

itd just go their and watch the mayhem

Guest Lue_Dogs

I was a pk'er back in classic but it wasnt something that compares to rs2.

i dont know how poeple think classic is better for pk'ing all it was was 2 handers and praying ranging and magic were nothing compared to the monk pkers. def. was absolutely useless which is just rediculous. there is now way that i would want them to go back to that style. it was all luck.

i see people saying the 3 round thing....... come on dagger special would kill everyone if it were mixed as you want, its already to powerful.

i saw nothing that i liked out of the suggestions because no one really came up with original ideas.

if you want to fix it then you should just say add more armor types and take down the strengths of others.

I liked pking at the beginning of rs2 more then on rsc..... Here is what ruined the wilderness.... Teleblock!!! At the beginning of rs2 up until teleblock there was always an escape route.... This made people MORE willing to fight... When teleblock was introduced the escape routes got taken away making people wants TEAMS to feel comfortable which turned into a " Who can get the biggest team " contest. Back then teams went to multi and solo'ers went to the strip from pirates to axes. Which I thought was much more fun then rsc. In my opinion the real solution would be. Make teleblock work from 30 wild and below.

AGREED!

Teleblock has destroyed solo pking at the back of the wilderness. You can get into a fight with one single person and then be totally wiped out by a clan as soon as you're teleblocked.

Back when we had the ladder, clan trouble there was rare. People were able to freely solo just like we have now in edgeville, without the teleporting.

Dude you've given me a wonderful idea! This will stop the teleporters AND bring back to life solo pking.

--------------------

DESTROY the mage bank Lever! I'm getting to work on a post very shortly.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

dude the wilderness just needs to be like, remove prayer from player vs. player. auto skull you as soon as you get into wilderness.

no more protect from melee, no more protect item. flat out complete hardcore fighting

Guest Lue_Dogs

teleblock has stopped people from being cowards..... how about you just dont go into the wilderness without a group if you cant handle escaping a clan. know your limits and watch your map its as easy as that.

complete all out fighting jessy? yes thats a good idea its the wilderness not just another dungeon. train there if you want to risk it and dont complain if you die.

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my eyes, pking has gone downhill from rsc to rs2. Jagex has attempted to make many updates to try to improve it, but in the long run, it's making it worse :(

I miss rsc 3 round hits so much :( And the short time in battle where you can't teleport, or feed. Now days we rely on ko'ing our oponent, because when they get low on food escaping/teleporting the wilderness is FAR too easy.

Yea, pking has gone downhill. But they aren't trying to make it better, for pkers at least. They are making it better for the sissies that go into the wild, die, and then cry about the wild being too dangerous.

And on rsc, you can teleport any time during the fight, though you can't eat. You should edit your thread, because it sounds kind of stupid you showing yourself being a RSC product, yet you have your facts mixed up :oops: . Maybe you just worded it wrong?

The reason it didn't seem like anyone teleported was this:

-Pures didn't teleport because if you got magic it got several uneeded combat levels. So no pures, other than mages, teleported.

-Even impures didn't teleport very often because they used to pk in high level areas only, when you can't teleport anyways. You didn't see impures pking in low level wild.

The main reason so many people teleport now is because Jagex made it so you can have melee, range, and mage and stay the same combat level, where on RSC you can only have melee and range.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Guest Lue_Dogs

pk'ing has not gone downhill if you are smart.

it requires the knowledge of armor and weapons i cant stand people who say that it has gone down just because they dont use the right armor and or weps against their enemies....................

just use your brain and you can win if you have the skills and maybe some luck.

In my eyes, pking has gone downhill from rsc to rs2. Jagex has attempted to make many updates to try to improve it, but in the long run, it's making it worse :(

I miss rsc 3 round hits so much :( And the short time in battle where you can't teleport, or feed. Now days we rely on ko'ing our oponent, because when they get low on food escaping/teleporting the wilderness is FAR too easy.

Yea, pking has gone downhill. But they aren't trying to make it better, for pkers at least. They are making it better for the sissies that go into the wild, die, and then cry about the wild being too dangerous.

And on rsc, you can teleport any time during the fight, though you can't eat. You should edit your thread, because it sounds kind of stupid you showing yourself being a RSC product, yet you have your facts mixed up :oops: . Maybe you just worded it wrong?

The reason it didn't seem like anyone teleported was this:

-Pures didn't teleport because if you got magic it got several uneeded combat levels. So no pures, other than mages, teleported.

-Even impures didn't teleport very often because they used to pk in high level areas only, when you can't teleport anyways. You didn't see impures pking in low level wild.

The main reason so many people teleport now is because Jagex made it so you can have melee, range, and mage and stay the same combat level, where on RSC you can only have melee and range.

Thanks, fair enough. I am mainly aiming this at the mage bank, and skipped over a lot of the low wild level details.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

my main argument over pking is the whole solo thing. if there is a multi wild and a single wild, then why is it not 1vs1 in single. they split the wild up into these two sections for what i thought as, one for solo pkers one for teams. but in single wilderness there is still tagteaming and pile jumping. there cant ever be complete 1 on 1 in the wilderness which makes the splitting the wilderness into two sections usless... i think this is the biggets problem....

robin24qk.png

I like the main idea to change wilderness into a more dangerous, fair place. About tele-ing, it's annoying, well not really for me since I got TB( :oops: ), but I would like Jagex to change the tele system in wildy, like you can't tele while you're in combat, so that would make it a lot fair to pkers and wonderers.

About prayer, I think there should be some weapon/spell to make it un-protectable, but that's just me. :D

Also I would REALLY like it if they change and make it impossible to tag-team in single combat zone, because that's just annoying.

94magesigid1.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=525348 - My Pking Gallery

I'M BACK FOR SUMMER BABY

Lol, watch Jagex add the Avenger thing some guy made up. Like if you're an Avenger, you attack Skulled people (PKers). But if you're a PKer, you can attack anybody I believe. *Off Topic* My hands smell like peanut butter.

If you want to get rid of the massive influence of clans, why not make the wildy single-player except for a small area deep in the wildy?

Make it called the "Ancient Battlegrounds." Of course, this battlefield would be massive; at least enough to hold a few hundred players. Fence it and post a warning so people don't unwittingly enter there by accident, and allow a way to be able to arrive there quickly but not be able to leave (canoes, perhaps?). In this area, clans wars can be set up, with people "signing up" under the different clans like in Castle Wars. That way, all the little clans can have their fun and solo'ers can wander around unhindered once again.

As for the anti-item stealers... make it so that both clans have an option to block off the battlegrounds for a set amount of time (make the limit something like 60 minutes so that it isn't abused for some reason or another) and make it so that each clan can choose how many time a person can be killed ("kill limit") before they are kicked out of the battlegrounds for good. As long as you stay in the Battlegrounds, you are able to keep your stuff, but when you reach the "kill limit," you are teleported to Lumbridge and lose everything in your possession.

Every item that is lost in battle will not be dropped; instead, it will disappear and be high alched and added to the "pot." The last person standing will win the game for his entire clan, and the money in the "pot" will be equally distributed and directly sent to the banks of all of the members of that clan. If for some reason it can't fit in the bank, have it disappear into nothingness. It's the player's fault for being so stupid. :lol:

The members of the clan will also get experience to their attack, defense, strength, magic, or range (the one chosen is random) equal to their (combat level^2)*(M/60), where M is the number of minutes the battle lasted (rounded up, of course). So a level 3 player who fought for 60 minutes will get 9 xp, and a level 50 player who played for the same amount will get 2500 xp.

I tried to make it as simple as I could...if you don't understand it, I'll try to explain it later.

By isolating the clan fighting, it would make the wildy more desireable again, and thus bring back the "former rsc pk'ing glory" you're all ranting about.

70herby.png

NO teleporting in the wilderness whatsoever when skulled. Teleblock will still be in use at the mage bank, although personally I believe it killed the solo pking population up there :( I would rant to remove it, but Jagex would not listen.

This stops EASY escaping for those who wanted to get into a fight in the first place. If you're adventuring/clue seeking/etc then naturally you won't skull and won't need to worry about it.

Protection prays DO NOT WORK when skulled. Protection prays make escaping far too easy, as one can only muster half the damage, making ko'ing near impossible. Naturally, when unskulled you can use protection prays to escape dangerous pkers.

This is actually one of the best proposals I've seen abou the wilderness. The only problem with it is for rune crafters. Most of them risk glory amulets as it is, this just makes it harder for them. The first rule could only apply within the wilderness (otherwise abyss is useless). The second one is worse for crafters though. It removes their primary defense because most of them don't use armor or only have green/blue dh.

Even so one of the main reasons clues, abyss, and other things are in the wilderness is to increase the danger which many people are too stupid to recognize. I do not pk and avoid the wilderness except for rcing, buying rune, training aginty, and green dragons.

Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.

A Seal Clubber is me!

A Oxygenarin is me!

6*9=42

If you want to get rid of the massive influence of clans, why not make the wildy single-player except for a small area deep in the wildy?

Make it called the "Ancient Battlegrounds." Of course, this battlefield would be massive; at least enough to hold a few hundred players. Fence it and post a warning so people don't unwittingly enter there by accident, and allow a way to be able to arrive there quickly but not be able to leave (canoes, perhaps?). In this area, clans wars can be set up, with people "signing up" under the different clans like in Castle Wars. That way, all the little clans can have their fun and solo'ers can wander around unhindered once again.

As for the anti-item stealers... make it so that both clans have an option to block off the battlegrounds for a set amount of time (make the limit something like 60 minutes so that it isn't abused for some reason or another) and make it so that each clan can choose how many time a person can be killed ("kill limit") before they are kicked out of the battlegrounds for good. As long as you stay in the Battlegrounds, you are able to keep your stuff, but when you reach the "kill limit," you are teleported to Lumbridge and lose everything in your possession.

Every item that is lost in battle will not be dropped; instead, it will disappear and be high alched and added to the "pot." The last person standing will win the game for his entire clan, and the money in the "pot" will be equally distributed and directly sent to the banks of all of the members of that clan. If for some reason it can't fit in the bank, have it disappear into nothingness. It's the player's fault for being so stupid. :lol:

The members of the clan will also get experience to their attack, defense, strength, magic, or range (the one chosen is random) equal to their (combat level^2)*(M/60), where M is the number of minutes the battle lasted (rounded up, of course). So a level 3 player who fought for 60 minutes will get 9 xp, and a level 50 player who played for the same amount will get 2500 xp.

I tried to make it as simple as I could...if you don't understand it, I'll try to explain it later.

By isolating the clan fighting, it would make the wildy more desireable again, and thus bring back the "former rsc pk'ing glory" you're all ranting about.

Nice idea man, but when confronting Jagex with something like this it's always best to give a small outline and let them handle the rest. For instance, we could say:

" An organised mini game where members of each side battle it out until there is only 1 man standing. Person limit is 50 each side. "

Then we could set rules such as "no prayer, multi zone on/off, weapons/armor on/off. Sort of like an advanced dueling region. Actually, more simply! -

"A new dueling arena designed for more than 1v1! "

A "stake" could also be made. Ooooh I'm liking this idea :P It's a cross between castle wars/fight pits and dueling. Staking/taking teams/last man standing.

I'd love for this to happen :oops:

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

bookrhino wrote:

Every item that is lost in battle will not be dropped; instead, it will disappear and be high alched and added to the "pot." The last person standing will win the game for his entire clan, and the money in the "pot" will be equally distributed and directly sent to the banks of all of the members of that clan. If for some reason it can't fit in the bank, have it disappear into nothingness. It's the player's fault for being so stupid. Laughing

great idea i was thinking about that earlier well what i say is that a leader of alcan signs upa time and theres an entrance fee to go in and each side has to have = number of players we dont want random ppl going in there and as for the stuff thats dropped i thin kt he stuff goesinto the pot not alcehd and the leader of the clan gets it and distributes it instead and leaders decide o n entrance fee its like a stake anywhere forom 50k-5m like di and ds haveing an all out war

so this is like duel arena multi bbut i dont agree with it being in wildy because that greats a ground for more pkers when a clan is going there....well its a start :lol:

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!