Become a Member-Guide

Kill_Life

Become a Member-Guide

Everybody starts as a Non-Member. But after playing for a while, most players start to think the game is boring and want something more fun!

ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s why there is a Member-section.

For only 5$ each month, you have access to Member-servers and all their fun!

What have members more then Non-Members?

A lot!

First of all, they have 6 Skills that Non-Members donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have. These skills are: Agility, Herblore, Fletching, Slayer, Thieving and Farming.

Each skill has itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s own method and is very useful.

Next to those 6 Skills, Members also have an expansion in all the other classic skills.

Attack and Defense

Members are able to wield Dragon and Barrow armor.

Ranged

Members are able to wield better bows and have better Arrows.

Magic

Members are able to wield better armor and cast better spells.

Runecrafting

Members are able to make more and better runes.

Prayer

Members are able to use other Prayers.

Crafting

Members are able to craft better armor and better jewellery.

Mining

Not much, except Member have better Mining Sites.

Smithing

Members are able to smith other things like: Claws.

Fishing

Member are able to fish better fish and have better fishing places.

Cooking

Members are able to cook better food.

Woodcutting

Members are able to cut other trees like Magic Trees.

Firemaking

Members are able to burn other logs.

On top of that, Members have 80+ more Quests.

And if that isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t enough, Members can enjoy lots and lots of Minigames trough the game.

Skills you need to become a Member?

You donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t need a skill, however, I advise that you have the skills I suggest to make Members a lot easier.

Members is hard and there are lots of high-level monsters. The quests you need to do and the Mini-games you can play arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t that easy neither.

To squeeze the maximum out of every dollar you pay, you need to do as much as possible!

Skills adviced:

- 60 or 70 Attack (At least be able to wear Dragon weapons, 70 is if you want an Abbysal Whip immediatly)

- 60+ Strenght

- 60 Defense (40 can work well, but 60+ is certainly adviced)

- 50+ Ranged (For the Magic Bow, higher is an advantage)

- 60+ Magic (At least be able to cast all Non-Member Spells)

- 43 Prayer (This is a MUST, protection from melee saves your life, certainly while being a member)

- 44 Runecrafting (not really needed, it is good so you can make nature Runes, but once again, certainly not needed)

- 43 Crafting (Not really needed, however, I advise you are 43 so you can cut up to Diamond for the Shilo Gems and be able to Spin Bowstrings)

- 60 Mining (Just for the Mining guild, not really needed cause there are other places. I advise as high as possible)

- 49 Smithing (See for yourself, as high as possible, but advised to be 49 Smithing so you can smith Steel Cannonballs, Bullseye Lanterns and Steel Arrowheads )

- 40 Fishing (40 is a minimum! You will need lots of food while youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re a Member. Now youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be able to fish Lobster, ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s advised to be 76 so you can fish Sharks)

- ? Cooking (The same for Fishing. Just be able to cook what you can fish)

- 75 Woodcutting (Just for Magic Trees)

- 49 Firemaking (So you can lit Bullseye Lantern)

Other things needed:

- Have all Non-Member-Quests done.

- Have lots of Money! Advised to have 3 mill+! Members is expensive! The food and Potions cost a lot, so do the weapons and armor.

- Have some food in bank to start.

- Have plenty of runes in your bank.

- Have full Rune.

- Have a good weapon (YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll have a Dragon Weapon soon)

- Have plenty of logs and Feathers.

- In case your Runecrafting is 44: A nice amount Essences (10k+)

Tips for the Member-Skills: Agility is easy but borring to train. However, the higher your Agility, the faster your Running Enery will come back.

Pay for Members

Now, you have these skills and items and payed for your members.

The first thing I advise to do is: The Lost City.

Do this quest and you will be able to wield Dragon Longsword and Dragon Dagger. Buy these 2 for some decent weapons.

For those that have enormous amounts of money, buy yourself a Barrow Armor.

For this armor you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to do any quests and itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the best armor in the game! (70 Defense needed).

Or just buy yourself some Dragon Legs.

Next thing to do (that is if you still have lots of money), buy yourself lots of herbs and 2nd ingredients. Train Herblore (Do Druidic Ritual-Quest first). Next, remember the logs you needed when youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re F2P, then train Fletching.

Do the HeroÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s quest next, now you can buy yourself a Dragon Battleaxe. Dragon Mace isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t needed, but when you want, you can buy it.

Now youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re settled and can start other skills like Thieving and Slayer and Farming. Do what ever quests you like to do and become number one.

Other Quests adviced to do:

- Plague City (Able to teleport to Ardougne)

- Regicide (Able to wield Dragon Harlberd)

- Elemental Workshop (for the shield)

- Horror From the Deep (For the God Books)

- Monkey Madness (for the Dragon Scimitar)

- Priest in Peril (For entering Canifis)

- Desert Treasure (hard quest, donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t do immediately) (Able to use Ancient Magics)

Member Items:

I'll post a couple of Member Items that are often used.

- Prayer Potions: Restore your Prayer

- Black Dragonhide: Improvement of the F2P Green Dragonhide: Handy to have (70 Ranged)

- Amulet of Glory: Improvement of the Amulet of Power, you can charge this Amulet so it can teleport you. (Charged in Hero's Guild)

- Amulet of Fury: Imrpovement of Amulet of Glory, has no charges.

- Ring of Forging: You have 100% that you smelt your Iron ore correctly. (140 uses)

- Super Sets: Super Attack, Super Strenght and Super Defense Potions: +20% in those 3 Stats.

New Places:

As a non-member, the world isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t that big, but when youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re a member, the world in enourmous!

- The main places for F2P are Varrock and Falador. For Members these are: Varrock, Falador and Ardougne! Maybe even Camelot. However, you can also use Forums. These are a great place to buy and sell stuff.

Other places you might to visit first are:

- Port Phasmatys: While F2P, the best place to smelt was Al-Kharid. Now it's Port Phasmatys. Check it out, but wear your Ghostspeak Amulet.

PLZ NOTE: For this city, do Ghost Ahoy first. This gives you an Ectofunctus.

- Catherby: Your new fishing spot. Easy acces by using Camelot teleport. Interesting for fishing and farming, many experienced players here if you have other questions.

- Taverly: Access from Falador, then run North. Not too special on itself, but the Dungeon in quite good. It's a nice training place for Members and has Chaos Druids, wich drop good Herbs.

- Last: If you check the World map, their you see above varrock there is Wilderniss. When you look more West, in the Member-section, areas like Relekka, Mountain Camp, Ice Path, ... There is NO wilderniss, so don't be afraid to enter their. Again: There is NO wilderniss!

Mini-Games:

As said, Members also have Mini-Games.

In MOST, not all, MOST Mini-Games you don't lose your items whe you die.

- Castle Wars: Easy access with the Ring of Duelling. You won't lose your items and play in 2 team. You can win Tickets to buy yourself some Castlewars Armor.

- Fight Cave: On Karamja. You won't lose your Items. This is a hard Mini-Game and you can win the Fire Cape.

- Trawler Fishing: In Port Khazard. You can fish Sea Turtle and Manta Ray with this event. Advise: Take some friends with you.

Now become a member when youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re ready! And have fun!

(This guide may need some correction, plz post these and I'll change it.)

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Wanna be mod! ahem... Stickie!!!

Mean that or being Sarcastic :-P.

If you mean it, thx then.

Btw, any chance you know the name of the quest for entering Canifis?

Lost city quest is also a good quest to start with. , this guide isn't acutally complete , took you quite some effort , i see that , gj

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Lost city quest is also a good quest to start with. , this guide isn't acutally complete , took you quite some effort , i see that , gj

Ty, what else would you add? I'm open for suggestions.

Smithing not 'Smitting'.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

personally i became a member at level 9, with hardly any skills above 10, but nice guide anyway

Then you should be able to tell how hard it was to start and how hard it was using member skills.

As a lvl 9 Member you don't use to much member-stuff.[/url]

What about Lost City Quest? For D long and D dagger, since d dag and d long are popular items.

Your skill recommendations are pretty far up there. Same for money. But still a good guide.

I became a member like a half a month after i heard of rs becuase i got hooked on it. Hardly had anything, like 100k, not so good skills, but to me that didnt matter, i still enjoyed the new places and things to do as a member.

I was somewhere in the lvl 20's when i joined member.

1600+ Total.

18.3m/25m - DFS (or maybe a BGS)

What about Lost City Quest? For D long and D dagger, since d dag and d long are popular items.

Your skill recommendations are pretty far up there. Same for money. But still a good guide.

Under the PAY FOR MEMBERS section their is a little bit text.

Their stands to do the quest first, read whole part first plz...

Also, no, the skills are quite good from their, it makes members easier.

And members is much and much more expensive! So you better be prepared.

Nice one Kill_Life. This is a really good start for new members.

Im thinking you may have some of the skills set a little high though, most of them can be raised much quicker in members areas.

Also remember that the members world is HUGE compared to the f2p section. Perhaps you could add a list of places that new visitors might want to check out first.

For example, the first place that most new members seem to visit (Well I did anyway) is Taverly, check out the dungeon there its quite a good little place to see a variety of monsters

Then on to Catherby to try out all the new fishing equipment on the beach.

Catherby is also a good place to pick up info from other members as they tend to talk alot when fishing.

I spent a few days just exploring as much of the map as possible, to try and get the lay of the land.

Good work anyway mate, hope to see more added to it over time :D

lastsupper.png

Nice one Kill_Life. This is a really good start for new members.

Im thinking you may have some of the skills set a little high though, most of them can be raised much quicker in members areas.

Also remember that the members world is HUGE compared to the f2p section. Perhaps you could add a list of places that new visitors might want to check out first.

For example, the first place that most new members seem to visit (Well I did anyway) is Taverly, check out the dungeon there its quite a good little place to see a variety of monsters

Then on to Catherby to try out all the new fishing equipment on the beach.

Catherby is also a good place to pick up info from other members as they tend to talk alot when fishing.

I spent a few days just exploring as much of the map as possible, to try and get the lay of the land.

Good work anyway mate, hope to see more added to it over time :D

Ty a lot for this info! I'll add all that stuff right away, check again and tell me if it's good:D

Yeah thats good, quite a few spelling mistakes on that last part.

I copied that section and changed the spelling and grammer on a few points, it should read like this if you want to re-edit.

As a non-member, the world isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t that big, but when youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re a member, the world in enormous!

- The main places for F2P are Varrock and Falador. For Members these are: Varrock, Falador and Ardougne! Maybe even Camelot. However, you can also use Forums. These are a great place to buy and sell stuff.

Other places you might to visit first are:

- Port Phasmatys: While F2P, the best place to smelt was Al-Kharid. Now it's Port Phasmatys. Check it out, but wear your Ghostspeak Amulet.

PLZ NOTE: For this city, do Ghost Ahoy first. This gives you an Ectofunctus.

- Catherby: Your new fishing spot. Easy acces by using Camelot teleport. Interesting for fishing and farming, many experienced players here if you have other questions.

- Taverly: Access from Falador, then run North. Not too special in itself, but the Dungeon in quite good. It's a nice training place for Members and has Chaos Druids, which drop good Herbs.

- Last: If you check the World map, there you see above varrock there is Wilderness. When you look more West in the Member-section, areas like Relekka, Mountain Camp, Ice Path, ... Their is NO wilderness, so don't be afraid to enter. Again: Their is NO wilderness!

Sorry if it seems like Im being picky, its all looking really good though. Should be stickied.

lastsupper.png

do all the quest that alow u to use or do importand things - such as the quest to use herblaw (that was my first members quest)

Like I said in the section under pay for members: First Lost City, then Druidic Ritual.

Lost city has to be the first quest.

You are advising people to waste a TON of time training skills up before they go p2p... if they joined as a level 3 they could get those skills and that cash in about half the time. If you take off the level "requirements" I think that you have a nice window for f2p to look through and drool. 8)

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

You are advising people to waste a TON of time training skills up before they go p2p... if they joined as a level 3 they could get those skills and that cash in about half the time. If you take off the level "requirements" I think that you have a nice window for f2p to look through and drool. 8)

Yes, but you have to start with an iron weapon, f2p or p2p.

It might take some time to prepare, but then you're not wastingyour money from the start.

Yes, but you have to start with an iron weapon, f2p or p2p.

It might take some time to prepare, but then you're not wastingyour money from the start.

- 60 or 70 Attack (At least be able to wear Dragon weapons, 70 is if you want an Abbysal Whip immediatly)

- 60+ Strenght

- 60 Defense (40 can work well, but 60+ is certainly adviced)

- 50+ Ranged (For the Magic Bow, higher is an advantage)

- 60+ Magic (At least be able to cast all Non-Member Spells)

- 43 Prayer (This is a MUST, protection from melee saves your life, certainly while being a member)

- 44 Runecrafting (not really needed, it is good so you can make nature Runes, but once again, certainly not needed)

- 43 Crafting (Not really needed, however, I advise you are 43 so you can cut up to Diamond for the Shilo Gems and be able to Spin Bowstrings)

- 60 Mining (Just for the Mining guild, not really needed cause there are other places. I advise as high as possible)

- 35 Smithing (See for yourself, as high as possible, but advised to be 35 Smithing so you can smith Steel Cannonballs )

- 40 Fishing (40 is a minimum! You will need lots of food while youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re a Member. Now youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be able to fish Lobster, ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s advised to be 76 so you can fish Sharks)

- ? Cooking (The same for Fishing. Just be able to cook what you can fish)

- 75 Woodcutting (Just for Magic Trees)

- 49 Firemaking (So you can lit Bullseye Lantern)

The total xp here is slightly more than anything that has to do with iron...

Lvl 3 can theive the fare to karamja from lvl 3 men and immediately start making 200k+ an hour running nats. This can fund the best armor and pots for training not to mention some serious food and special equipment (dag king rings, fury, etc.)

I would do that ^^^ WAY before I would get any of the levels that you mentioned on f2p. There is not a single skill that f2p can raise at the same speed as p2p other than possibly power-mining iron. If you can afford p2p then any time spent on f2p is a waste of time (for those who are serious).

Again, I would like to say that other than this the rest looks nice.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

another thin you could add to see right away is go and do some mini-game like castle wars. one of the first things i did and found it fun.

K, I'll do that.

For the other one, I stay with my Advice! It's advice! You can see for yourself...