why are values sooo darn high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlieboden

ok i have noticed that over the months i have been playing runescape the value of items have been going up!

4 example flax is 150gp each to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!! wen u can pic it quite easally

for 0.

i mean i dont understand how people can get 4,000,000gp how is this possible.

i think its ri[bleep]ulus :evil:

It's no that hard to make money, just lvl some stats, like runecrafting is an awesome way to make money. Myself i level slayer, the slayer drops are a fast way for cash. And people buy flax so they dont have to use there time picking it.

ok i have noticed that over the months i have been playing runescape the value of items have been going up!

4 example flax is 150gp each to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!! wen u can pic it quite easally

for 0.

i mean i dont understand how people can get 4,000,000gp how is this possible.

i think its ri[bleep]ulus :evil:

That's because they sell in huge quantities, go pick 1k+ flax and then tell me you want less than 150k for all your work

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

If they were worth less, unstrung bows and logs would be worth more, that's also what gives more price to the flax and strings their value, their usefulness.

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

4mil is actualy very easy to make, you just hafta know what you're doing, have some patience, along with a pinch of luck. And yes, one bowstring can basically be effortlessly made, but what about 1,000 bowstrings? people usually pay 150 for flax in the hundreds, if not thousands, same goes for ore and logs and all that other stuff.

jzk1lx2dy.gif

Well, money is simple. SInce money is simple people pay high prices for their items. Also, some people do not train skills...for some odd reason so they usually get meaningless tasks like picking flax for money...if I worked "x" amount of hours picking flax I would want something out of it. Just the same I would be more than happy to pay someone for their long work. If you do not want to train skills, get some money...then merchant...all hail merchanters! We are what binds Runescape, lol. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

they make 4mil by selling u that flax ;)

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

The high price of flax (and bowstrings) is due to two main factors:

1. High alch values for yew bows

2. Convenience

A strung yew long will high alch for 768gp whereas unstrung this value is 384gp so by buying a 150 gp bowstring (or buying the flax and spinning it yourself) a player makes an additional 380gp per bow (or an additional profit of 380 - 150 = 230 gp per bow).

As for convenience: fletchers alching for high profit will tend to alch 100s if not 1000s of yew longs. It is much more time efficient to spend the 150 per bow than to try and pick and spin several 1000 flax.

The fact that flax sells for approximately the same price as bowstrings is a peculiarity of RS whereby the XP gain (in this case crafting) is automatically factored into the price of raw goods. This effect is more pronounced for ores such as coal where the price of raw materials often exceeds the value of the finished product (with the exception of cannonballs, rune items and a few other things I believe)

iratebadger.png

Dogfever, fletching is not that profitable...

You need to pay the natures too, and it's 300 gp each bow. So if you're lucky you'll make 18 gp profit each bow.

craft your iwn nats for 318 ea profit... or its just free exp...

mutch good ways to get free exp... cuz mage exp is worth mutch...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Dogfever, fletching is not that profitable...

You need to pay the natures too, and it's 300 gp each bow. So if you're lucky you'll make 18 gp profit each bow.

That depends on whether you produce any of the three elements (yew logs, strings or nats) yourself. I personally cut my own yews and craft my own strings atm and am planning on crafting my own nats (some levelling will be required).

Regardless of the overall profitability my point regarding the relative value of bow strings still stands.

But I do agree, if you buy everything you make no profit. Although if you buy everything but don't string your bows before alching you actually lose money therefore the relative value of the strings is actually the same. I'll do the calc to prove it if anyone really needs to see it

iratebadger.png