Magic The Gathering

Arcticrunite

So, ive been here a few years, and i was wondering. Anyone play some Magic The Gathering? I know of myself and one other, but i was wondering if anyone else did.

Im actually going to a tournament tomorrow (Saturday) in Charlotte North Carolina.

So does anyone else play?

Yup, I've played casually since Ice Age, and I've maintained somewhat competetive decks for Standard, Extended and Legacy for the last two. I live pretty far away from most major cities and I don't have my own car so attending the larger official tournaments is somewhat tricky for me, but I do enjoy playing smaller tournaments in the local stores.

My pet rock is my main playtesting partner:

imgp03384kq.th.jpg

*casts High Tide at the end of Arcticrunite's first main phase*

I used to play a lot when I was younger... I had a lot of decks and stuff, now I dont play anymore.... :(

But I still have all my cards, when one day I want to play again, I will be able...

I used to buy lots of spare cards, not boosters, but spare ones, card by card, it was cheeper than getting a buster but by buster I could get a rare card that was expensive.

I played 1 tournament, and I lost it, I mean, not first... :lol:

But I got a booster as prize! :P

Its great!

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png

You mean booster, right?

Anyway, my first attempt at tournament play was during Tempest/Urza's Saga Type 2. Those who were around for that dark, dark age of competetive magic will know what a traumatic experience that can be for the unprepaired. I got back in the swing of things during the Invasion Block, although I was scared out of playing tournaments for years.

I used to play a while ago, got a bunch of my friends into it. I still have like 2000-3000 cards as well :). (I started playing durring Urza 'saga').

It's a realy great game, I stoped playing though because I didn't know anyone else that did. :D.

It's a realy great game, I stoped playing though because I didn't know anyone else that did. :D.

bingooo

lol i would have the sickest swamp deck and destroy my friends

devouring stroussus 11/11 flying

gth

"Ive always tried to kill the greatest man alive, but then I finally realize that suicide is not the answer"

QsBillabong

Never played magic the gathering. Always seemed to complicated. Weird coincidence.

If it's the underground games pro tour one (I just looked up underground games, found the site, and saw the tournament). My dad works in that plaza in the office area. I actually checked the place out a few days ago when i was doing some chores with my dad.

Sorry If I sound like a stalker just thought it was weird.

I played for a bit, from Urza's Saga to Apocalypse. My first rare from an Urza's Saga starter deck was Sara Avatar, and my last rare, from an apocalpyse booster, was Spiritmonger. Not bad :wink:

When I quit, my two decks were..

a) A blue/back deck, focused on returning permanents to opponent's hands, which made them discard a card due to an enchantment, which made them lose 2 health due to another enchantment.

B) A green/black/white deck, no particular strategy, just made use of my Spiritmonger.

I'll probably never play Magic again, the prospect of Wizards of the Coasts being greedy sons of zonkers was undoubtebly confirmed when MTG Online was released.. charging money equivalent to real-card prices for VIRTUAL CARDS. Peh..

I play some. I started playing at the beginning of Apocalypse but never actually bought my own cards until Kamigawa :wink: . Personally I think Apocalypse was the peak of the game. Sets before were too killer, sets afterward too weak and poorly thought out (Mirrodin...shudder). Ravnica looks like a pretty cool block though I haven't seen Guildpact yet.

superawesomesiggynessck6.jpg

Imhomer.png