April 18, 2006--Pest Control

n64jive

The Void Knights are a military order who have helped serve Guthix and his penchant for balance since the early Fourth Age. It is their job to ensure that the flux of good and evil coming through to RuneScape each day remains constant, but there are some beasts they find more difficult to accept than others.

On a series of islands in the far south of the world they have found some portals that are nothing but pure evil, which must be shut down at any cost.

Pest Control, the biggest update of the month is finally here!

This update includes:

A new cooperative combat-based minigame

7 new kinds of deadly monster

A new island featuring a bank and shops

A new food item: field rations

Protect the Void Knight from the invading hordes for 20 minutes or go and destroy the portals yourself while your friends rebuild the smashed barricades left behind you. With boats visiting the portals as soon as enough volunteers are available, we are confident this game will become a firm favourite for fans of cooperative gameplay.

Dying during the Pest Control game is the same as dying in Castle Wars (no item loss and no trip to Lumbridge), so you have no excuse not to visit! Speak to the Squire at the southern end of Port Sarim to try out Pest Control today!

w4M8t.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty easy but i since i guess since its the first day it will be, spinners heal portals, fun way to get xp i guess :P

woooot0ic.png

charge4jb.png

range0vu.png

i like it ive always wanted a cw type game vs npcs :P

Xp awards

xpppp7iz.png

ill be ranging here for xp now :P

A new place for rune arrowheads and magic runes :)

Excellent.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Its pretty easy but i since i guess since its the first day it will be, spinners heal portals, fun way to get xp i guess :P

woooot0ic.png

charge4jb.png

range0vu.png

i like it ive always wanted a cw type game vs npcs :P

Xp awards

xpppp7iz.png

ill be ranging here for xp now :P

Seems fun! I'll try it out as soon as i get 55 agility.

94magesigid1.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=525348 - My Pking Gallery

I'M BACK FOR SUMMER BABY

A lvl 50 gets 415 prayer exp :/

Not really great xp unless you kill off the portals quickly.

they take ur level, square it, and then divide it by 3...so its on a curve, the higher your level the more exp you will get at a greater increase.

lets say u have 50 atk...50^2=2500/3=833.3 exp... if you have 90 atk 8100/3=2700 exp..as you see for only 40 more levels you get almost 4x the levels

w4M8t.png

Is it me or is this minigame really hard? The void knight gets owned real quickly even when theres lots of other players killing the monsters around him.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Is it me or is this minigame really hard? The void knight gets owned real quickly even when theres lots of other players killing the monsters around him.

Exactly what i was going to say. It starts out ok, but then you get crazy numbers of monsters coming thru.

I'm having a problem moving about as well, not sure why, and it's annoying having to right click every monster.

I think the basic way to win, u split the group into 4, with 2 groups taking both the east and west sides and the rest take the middle gate out. In the groups on the flanks, 1-2 people should stay on the gate and make sure nothing gets through and repair it if necessary. In the middle have several people outside the gate killing off anything trying to get in or shooting at the knight. If you're not defending, you should be on the portals. Normally this way the side portals will go down first, then everyone comes together for the kill.

Thats just how I interpret winning this game anywayz :D

Rsn: Scootenhaben

Combat: 82 ::: Skill Total: 1238

Current Goals: 71/80 Fletching, 51/50 Construction

Got the maximum 15 points already, I can't really see what's hard in this minigame. All I do is run to east gate with a bunch of people to take it down. The only thing needed is to close the gate after the last one has come through it. Then just go clockwise destroying the portals and the game is over in about 3 mins, you have won. Haven't lost a single time.

The thing is, I can't see anyone even try to defend the guy. You get the same rewards, why would you try to hold on for a long time instead of breaking down the portals?

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I think the basic way to win, u split the group into 4, with 2 groups taking both the east and west sides and the rest take the middle gate out. In the groups on the flanks, 1-2 people should stay on the gate and make sure nothing gets through and repair it if necessary. In the middle have several people outside the gate killing off anything trying to get in or shooting at the knight. If you're not defending, you should be on the portals. Normally this way the side portals will go down first, then everyone comes together for the kill.

Thats just how I interpret winning this game anywayz :D

P-roblem is it's pretty impossible to coordinate atm :P

The way to win is to just hit the portals hard as you can, and hope a few people stay back to defend.