What are you listening to right now!?

xenogold

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't that excited to hear that The Chemical Brothers were doing new stuff, considering their last effort ended up missing the mark for me. The second we hit the drop I remembered why The Chemical Brothers were at one point, one of my all-time favourite bands. I'm excited for new material yet again. Video takes me back to the time I saw them live (First concert) and was blown away by their visuals.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• 2 weeks later...

Also I never got into Elbow cuz the albums they had when I first heard of them weren't particularly good (their "build a rocket, boys" album, which was referenced by the oceansize song "build us a rocket then, you rocket-building [bleep]s", which came out at roughly the same time), but their last 2 albums have actually been pretty good.

I'd put them roughly on par with Pianos Become the Teeth in that they aren't the most technical band, but they're indescribably cathartic to listen to

(they censor "glory be, these [bleep]ers are ignoring me" lol)

I saw they dropped that album out of nowhere. It's on the to-listen list for this weekend. I'm kinda worried.

Only just found out that the front man of That Handsome Devil released a rap album last year. Pretty neat.

#rpgformod

It's really good. Africa got a ton of hype (at least in America, idk how much airtime it got in Aus), but honestly it's one of the weaker tracks cuz everything else on the album is so good. Especially no scrubs

New weezer cover album is completely soulless and unnecessary imo

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

It's really good. Africa got a ton of hype (at least in America, idk how much airtime it got in Aus), but honestly it's one of the weaker tracks cuz everything else on the album is so good. Especially no scrubs

no scrubs is definitely the best because of how random it is

New weezer cover album is completely soulless and unnecessary imo

heathen.....

the album as a whole is decent, but not amazing. the covers are all good, but don't generally do anything new or particularly interesting

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Yeah but, what is the point of cover if youre not going to add anything to it? The whole album feels like a karaoke night with a solid singer. I could essentially experience the whole thing live at any given karaoke bar in the city

I have now listened to the album. I agree with Rpg. Nothing terribly exciting. It's neat in a way I guess? And, I mean, an album out of nowhere is always nice, but I'd rather just listen to the originals.

#rpgformod

New Bring Me The Horizon album "Amo" is a top to bottom marvel of its genre. Absolutely incredible

I always go back and forth on what my favorite tool album is. Lateralus is the best composition, AEnima is the most accessible, but 10,000 has the most vibrant concept. And of course Undertow is just a solid jam album.

All that said, 10,000 days is an intense album. One of my all time favorites

I think my school mates still hate me for me saying generally I prefer A Perfect Circle to Tool. I know they definitely hate me for saying that generally I prefer Audioslave to RATM. All Tool albums are a fair shout, and I wouldn't look down on someone preferring one to another, but I'd probably throw in with 10,000 Days as my pick.

#rpgformod

I think if Lateralus didn't have that 20 minutes of garbage at the end, it would be hands down the best album. But Aenima holds a special place in my heart because my local alternative rock station loved playing 46&2 when I was driving home from high school. 10,000 days is kind of neglected by a lot of people but it still holds up 13 years later

Also Dax if you prefer the APC version of the nurse who loved me, I want a divorce

My local afternoon DJ is a big tool fan, so almost every commute home I hear either 46&2, Stinkfist, Vicarious or The Pot. Tough to find many radio friendly Tool songs.

APC is a good band, but I feel like their songs are more hit and miss for some reason. Although Passive is a banger.

I think both Nurses are objective bangers and I think they're pretty interchangeable. Edit: Actually nah, Failure is better, they're both excellent though.

Passive is flawless.

Fresh new cut from an interesting, though not always this good, collaboration. Looking forward to the second album, if this is any indication of what we're in for.

• Like 1

#rpgformod