What are you listening to right now!?

xenogold

The Pineapple Thief is releasing another album

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

I'm not that into it

You figured out how to post YouTube links properly. You're a legend.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

You just have to use the video id

Counterparts - The Constant

https://youtu.be/mJEyEdvGQGAhttps://youtu.be/mJEyEdvGQGA

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

Someone used to use the album cover as a sig way back when

I've tried editting this like 8 times, I still can't figure out if we can embed youtube videos

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

An album that has aged surprisingly well and really slipped through the cracks:

• 2 months later...

The new Muse record flew under my radar cuz I associate them with high school too much, but that single sounds pretty good so I'm definitely gonna listen to them when it comes out

Other notable new records:

The Pineapple Thief was a disappointment. Their previous album was a step up, but they seemed to regress a little bit. I've always thought they were super talented (that's Gavin Harrison from Porcupine Tree on the drums and they just added a new guitarist who's pretty good), but their song writing is really weak

Foxing dropped a new album. It's a little too maximalist for my taste, but it's definitely something I can appreciate. I'll probably just stick with their previous album, Dealer, since it's more my speed

Mike Vennart, the former guitarist/singer of Oceansize released his 2nd solo album. I wish the vocals were a little better, but it's honestly a great album if you're into some weird combination of Cardiacs and Faith No More. I personally really like Robots in Disguise

https://vennart.bandcamp.com/album/to-cure-a-blizzard-upon-a-plastic-sea

• 2 weeks later...

Dax come back

My appreciation for 70s shitprog has reemerged

(exercise for the reader: this is the second best song on the album, please find the best song)

EDIT: None of these videos play in the tags for me, gonna have to follow links, boiz.

I'm still here. Watching. Waiting. I just got bored of this game when I became number one poster and links stopped working so easy. Would have been a really great year to be posting, too, because I set myself the goal of listening to every single 2018 album I illegally download. I've been cataloging them, so I'll dump my top five picks for AOTY contenders. As for ELO, they're such a 50-50 band for me, some absolute bangers, and some hot garbage. On the whole I think I respect them. I'd probably back Mr. Blue Sky over Sweet Talkin' Woman as track of the album, but Evil Woman is best ELO song. So have I said it, so shall it be.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

Confidence Man, still fantastic, still leading the way for AOTY. Consistent bangers.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

Anthony Fantano had this guy in his YUNO Review one month and it piqued my interest, then I found one of my favourite albums of the year. Diving into his back catalogue, there's some more upbeat fun stuff, which is just as good. Also 2/2 Aussie artists, which surprises me, normally we're pretty terrible at music comparatively. Also helped me find Alex Cameron, who, although he hasn't dropped anything this year, released a beauty of an album last year which passed me by, and now I think is the best thing.

And here's a bonus Alex Cameron, 'cause it's probably my favourite song that I've heard this year. And he's a total dreamboat <3 xoxox

I keep up with releases on AOTY, a site, and the album cover of this stayed on the frontpage for months, so I caved and downloaded them, and fell in love. Then I finally saw T2 Trainspotting, and they have heaps of their older tracks in that, and it was fantastic.

Ghost's Prequelle is everything I hoped it to be, and this track is peak Ghost. If all goes to plan I'll see them next year, and I can't wait. Also on a side note I saw QOTSA recently and it was fantastic.

I've never bought an album quicker than this. Heard the two teaser tracks, then went straight to the site and preordered the biggest bundle. An excellent impulse buy, 'cause this is fantastic. More people need to listen to Turbowolf.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• 2 weeks later...

What  a journey. There's nothing in your post, so to get to your song I had to quote your post, which surprisingly showed me the link, then I followed the link, but the link was unavailable, so I had to google it, but we got there in the end. A bit too soft rock for me, but not something I turned off.

My latest find is Riverside. I'd never heard of them until I saw they'd released an album, and I was like hey, I used to work at a place called Riverside, so I'm going to download them all, then I listened to this album and it was great. Reminds me a little of Porcupine Tree, so it was good from the get go.

#rpgformod

I can't believe you've never heard of Riverside. Mariusz Duda has made so much music, you probably just added 12 hours to your playlist right there. Strong recommend if you're still looking for someone to fill the Porcupine Tree sized hole in your heart

Time to get prepared for Fest

I miss a lot in my little bubble I live in these days. I don't go on Reddit any more, so my big source of real life/music/game/tv/movie knowledge has been severed. I go to work and my boss is like 'Did you hear about-' and I'll be like, no, no I didn't.

I saw this album was upcoming, and I really, really love the album art, so I downloaded the band. I'll listen to this album soon, then see how I like the rest.

#rpgformod

Not really my scene, but I dig Lagwagon, Iron Chic and Torche, so, yeah.

Not actually listening yet because RDRII is updating and Aussie internet is terrible, so I haven't downloaded it yet, but Street Sects dropped their second album this week. Really rather abrasive, but I reckon it's fantastic.

#rpgformod

I added Iron Chic to my schedule. Torche plays right after Dikembe does so idk if I'll see them. Especially since I've seen Slingshot Dakota before and they're pretty good. I'm actively avoiding Lagwagon lol

• 2 weeks later...

The Prodigy just let out a new album. The song Light Up The Sky is pretty good for starters.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I didn't go much on the new album, sadly. I'll give it a few more spins and see how I feel. My mates are going to see them when they come to Australia and I'm giving it a miss. Mostly due to logistics, but partially because I don't like them near as much as I used to.

My boys Dog Fashion Disco are going through re-recording and re-releasing their earlier works and they're definitely the best way to experience these albums. Excited too, because in looking for this link I saw they're doing the next reasonably quickly. Not sure how far they'll take it, considering the next out was only released in 2001. After this I'd probably just like new material instead? I'm not sure.

#rpgformod

Ye Swans are something else. I remember having a disk in my car in high school, and leaving it in when my mom had to borrow the car for the day.

Strongly recommend checking out Ulan Bator if you're into Swans. Michael Gira produced one of their albums ages and ages ago called Ego Echo and it ended up being one of my favorite post-rock albums. Lots of influence from Swans obviously, but to me it always felt like it fit really well into the Gastr del Sol branch of post-rock if you're familiar with them

Sample track from the record, though I recommend saving the whole thing on Spotify cuz the album itself is quite a trip:

They released an album a couple years ago that was quietly probably my favorite album of 2016: