H'ween Masks

Guthix_Thor

It's highly likely that small rares (such as h'ween masks, santas, etc..)

will go up due to the recent ess update.

If you remember the mass banning jagex did to eliminate macro users, the rs economy went crazy... Previously blue masks were in the 14-16 mil price range. Up until now they were down to 11m.

tablw5.png

Kill corporate radio. http://www.killradio.org

like u said prices went down

but i am certain that they will go up again, and better as ever, like always.

atm greens are 8 mill, but i cant imagine players sell them for less.

if u see the market (world 1 varrock), many players BUY masks, and there are more buying as selling, so prices will go up now, i hope soon tough cause phatprices are low atm.

prices now:

green: 8-8.3 mill,

blue: 10.5-11m

red:16.5-17m

total: +-35

highest befor the drop:

red 24 mill

blue 16mill

green10mill

total: +-50 mill

what i think it wil be:

total of 55

when it wil rise?? --> unknown :(

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

im preety shure phats and other equippable rares are in check. in other words, they regulate each other. however, once blue phat reaches 400m or so, no one will buy it, causing party hats to go down, possibly causing masks to go down with it.

happiehour.jpeg

If the prices went down, I expect it's because the cash the autoers made has gone down, making a dent in the economy, creating prices to plummet.

I have no clue what I just said, but I hope it makes sense :)

auoters arent that large of a scale to regulate the rare economy, but your correct in saying they make a dent. as a matter of fact they dont really effect the rare economy. autoers only effect the yew/ess economy.

happiehour.jpeg

If the prices went down, I expect it's because the cash the autoers made has gone down, making a dent in the economy, creating prices to plummet.

I have no clue what I just said, but I hope it makes sense :)

auoters arent that large of a scale to regulate the rare economy, but your correct in saying they make a dent. as a matter of fact they dont really effect the rare economy. autoers only effect the yew/ess economy.

they are strong enough tp rule the whole economy, lots of people have bought rs money to become rich!!

Currently hunting for clues. Any advice? PM me please =)

All rares will eventually rise again, it's just a question of how long that rise will take to happen. I think we should all way till Duke Freedom sees this, because nobody knows the rares market better than him.

It seems all second-wave rares are dropping at the moment. I stocked up on Easter Eggs, buying 4 for around 3.7 mil each, hoping they would rise over Easter. I suddenly looked on the official forums the other day forgetting about my eggs, and noticed a lot of people buying and selling for 2~2.5 mil which is quite worrying... Halloweens rose at Halloween... Santas rose at Xmas, but Easters are now dropping at Easter.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, probably something to do with the fact that the Easter event this year involved a different sort of Easter Egg, so people are having trouble selling because a lot of RS2 products don't yet realise the difference between our 'rare' easters and the ones given out during the event this year. Perhaps when they all melt in a few days we'll start to see some price increases.

Back to halloween mask; I think if you wait until halloween you can be sure of the prices rising back to that high of ~50 mil for a set, if not surpassing that value.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

They will eventually but in the meantime they will probably do what Santas did for a while late last year and just fluctuate up and down in price. :wink:

They will eventually but in the meantime they will probably do what Santas did for a while late last year and just fluctuate up and down in price. :wink:

I'd hate to just drop into the conversation but they will go up with each year that passes, and that's because of the more Players that will want them. Sooner or later the Mask's will end up like the Party Hat's and eventually they will all be something we've forgotten about.

They will rise most likely once in the summer, than drop, followed by another rise before halloween. Especially since I am doing my part in reporting rule breakers. :wink: Come on prices rise so my masks are worth wearing. :)

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Halloweens rose at Halloween... Santas rose at Xmas, but Easters are now dropping at Easter.

Back to halloween mask; I think if you wait until halloween you can be sure of the prices rising back to that high of ~50 mil for a set, if not surpassing that value.

~Ian

Umega, are you joking? If you haven't watched the market of rares on Halloween and Christmas, and don't know what you are talking about then better don't say anything...

Fyi, Masks plumetted 1m greens, 1.5m blues and 2m reds at halloween, and didn't returned to their September price until january!

Santas dropped 500k at the beggining of december, and another 500k at christmas.

All because everyone though that they'd increase on their anniversay, so everyone bough one prior of the days, and the day before, everyone started to sell, too much offer, same demand, very high crash...(Believe, THAT happened)

Quote from what I posted on another topic, Rares DIDN'T rose on their anniversary! They CRASHED and very very hard.

Also, I have seen all the rises and crashes of last year, and I can say this as a very accurate fact about lower rares: They tend to rise over time, they rise a lot, then they crash, but the crash is never lower than the start price, and when they rise again, they do it above the peak of their last rise.

And the peak of last rise on mask sets were 45-47m, and there are months to go before halloween, so by october the prices should be 55m-60m, about that, maybe more, but I don't really think they'd be much less than that.

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

Halloweens rose at Halloween... Santas rose at Xmas, but Easters are now dropping at Easter.

~Ian

Umega, are you joking? If you haven't watched the market of rares on Halloween and Christmas, and don't know what you are talking about then better don't say anything...

Fyi, Masks plumetted 1m greens, 1.5m blues and 2m reds at halloween, and didn't returned to their September price until january!

Santas dropped 500k at the beggining of december, and another 500k at christmas.

All because everyone though that they'd increase on their anniversay, so everyone bough one prior of the days, and the day before, everyone started to sell, too much offer, same demand, very high crash...(Believe, THAT happened)

Quote from what I posted on another topic, Rares DIDN'T rose on their anniversary! They CRASHED and very very hard.

Also, I have seen all the rises and crashes of last year, and I can say this as a very accurate fact about lower rares: They tend to rise over time, they rise a lot, then they crash, but the crash is never lower than the start price, and when they rise again, they do it above the peak of their last rise.

And the peak of last rise on mask sets were 45-47m, and there are months to go before halloween, so by october the prices should be 55m-60m, about that, maybe more, but I don't really think they'd be much less than that.

You are absolutely correct. :D Masks will DEFINITELY rise back during summer time. Red Masks will be 25M + and crash a little bit later and rise back again.

Well, the way the market is going right now. I'd say that masks and santa hats will drop in price for about a month or so. This is due to everyone selling masks and santa hats to get into the hot rune weaponry/armour merchanting business. But the rune business will eventually cool down and the ppl with tons of money. (f2p) will likely buy masks and santa hats, causing the prices to rise again.

It's just a matter of time again. All rares, from phats to masks to santa's to unwearables are trying to stabalize from the insane growth we recently saw in them.

As the growth went a little too fast in a too short period, prices on most rares have dropped slightly by 5 - 10% over the last month. No need to worry about it, it was quite expected and we would have needed to worry if it didn't happen and prices continued their fast rise upwards.

I'm currently too inactive ingame to do any predictions on when we can expect rares to go up a bit again.

Ian - I've never really seen easters nor pumpkins care much about holiday time. They don't seem (at least not specifically) to go up around those days.

(just struck my mind that I didn't even do the easters event this year - totally forgot it :oops:)

i say mask and santas will be rising not too long from now... and are a great investment. red mask especially seeing as there the rarest out of all small rares. From what ive seen party hats are getting quite pricy to where many people are unable to buy them which will probably lead to them not rising as much in price. Comparted to small rares which several people can still buy could have a verry good potential to rise much faster.

- so i would suggest investing in some of them now while there low and not wait too long