The 1 and a HALF HAND Sword

bigsword33

Okay, to get started, i would like to put this down. For about the last month, this FORUM has been spammed by users asking for 2h swords becoming 1 handed at a cirten str lvl. Now, if they actually thought it out, they are called TWO HANDED SWORDS FOR A REASON! So, if they ever studied combat or histroy, they might have learned that these swords were for beserkers, and new weapons were made, the one and a half hand sword!

These weapons were made for the strong, but were lighter and weaker than 2 handed swords. They were still about 1 and a half times larger than a long sword, making them stronger. To put them into rs, they would have the same requirements as any weapon for atk, but as your str reaches a cirten point, you can use them with one hand. They are slower than a normal longsword, but can be used with a shield and stronger than the longsword. I have only thought this out a few minutes ago but i have requirements. This will also add something to Streangh other than hitting harder and the obby mual.

REQUIREMENTS:

NEW QUEST DONE TO USE

2 handed, 1 handed

BRONZE: 1 atk and 1 str, 1 atk, 10 str

IRON: 1 ATK AND 1 STR, 1 ATK AND 12 STR

STEEL: 5 ATK AND 1 STR, 5 ATK AND 15 STR

BLACK: 10 ATK AND 1 STR, 10 ATK AND 20 STR

MITH: 20 ATK AND 1 STR, 20 ATK AND 30 STR

ADDY: 30 ATK AND 1 STR, 30 ATK AND 45 STR

RUNE: 40 ATK AND 1 STR, 40 ATK AND 55 STR

OBSIDIAN(maybe): 50 ATK AND 50 STR, 50 ATK AND 65 STR

DRAGON: 60 ATK AND 50 STR, 60 ATK AND 75 STR

DRAGON 1 1/2 HAND SWORD SPECIAL: MEGA SWING

Description: your char takes the sword, and swings with a d hally effect pushing back your opponent while not stunning them. you then lunge and continue with a stronger attack they cannot defend. if you missed the push, you can not make the second swing. Only the secong swing does damage. takes 55% of your spec bar. if the monster takes 2+ spaces, the damage 1.5 times larger than it would be....hence it being 1 1/2 times larger than a d long. Spec is stronger when weilded with 2 hands.

also You have an option of holding it 1 or 2 handed when you get the designated str lvl to weild 2 handed.

give me your ideas and just well rate, hate, and flame away! :P

Okay, to get started, i would like to put this down. For about the last month, this FORUM has been spammed by users asking for 2h swords becoming 1 handed at a cirten str lvl. Now, if they actually thought it out, they are called TWO HANDED SWORDS FOR A REASON!

Now this truly makes me feel special

For the last time. They are called 2H swords for a damn reason!

I really love it how people like you take real items from past history, and find a way to put them ingame. This idea actually makes sense, and I support it all the way

paymentscm7.png

And no, two-handed swords weren't for berserkers. Greatswords (longswords) were for use by knights on the ground with plenty of room to swing, as they NEED the space to be able to use their weapon's reach. The development of the hand-and-a-half was so that dismounted knights could still use their greatswords, but now only slightly shorter and thus compact enough to half-sword with in case they were attacked inside their guard. The bastard sword, as it was known, lost no power for this, only a half-foot or so of reach. Perfect for cut-and-thrust combat. Heavy enough to snap someone's neck with a hit to the side of the helmet, and light enough to move quickly in feints for thrusts under armour plates.

Leave it as a hybrid one/two-handed weapon without extra requirements. Give it longsword stats in one hand, greatsword stats in two. The damage numbers and accuracy here are controled by how many hands are on the hilt or blade, and that takes a huge hit when there's only one, and the other has to move a shield around.

hey this is a great suggestion! anyways are the requirements (where you wrote bronze- 1 attack 10 str) just for this weapon? if so great idea. anyways there are SOME flaws that i want to point out

There will NEVER be a new quest for f2p. NEVER. well maybe but until then- NEVER

The str stats are to high for this weapon, maybe drop then 4-5 lvls and it would be good, i mean come on. a noob cant weild that and its bronze.

overall- wicked post. i hop that ill read many more suggestions coming from you-9/10 :wink:

for how to switch between 1 and 2 handed use easy if you've got a shield equiped it's on 1 handed mode if you un-equip your shield it automatically switches to 2 hande mode and vice versa

ps. I have also considered similar ways of having a 1/2 handed weapon including the at a certain strength level you can weild a 2 handed weapon 1 handed option. I was thinking like 20, 25, or 30 levels more than attack level required to weild

lol ok silver you might get it....

for zonor: thanks for the lesson, (not sarcastic) last time i learned about them i was like 7....so 5 and a half years ago...anyways, keep the comments coming. also zonor, if you read the d1 1/2 spec, it stated that your weapon IS stronger when using 2 hands instead of one. these weapons were sometimes hard to weild and would need a higher str lvl (by rs2 terms) to hold it while holding a shield.

Your strength reqs are waaay to low. 55 strength? I get that in 2 weeks. More like 80 strength for rune and 90 for dragon.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I think this is a fantastic idea. The bastard sword was a highly effective weapon in it's day and certainly deserves representation in runescape.

However, I don't believe any strength level should be required to weild this weapon with one hand instead of two. The concept of this sword is one that is light enough to be weilded in one hand, but has a handle sufficient to use both hands upon for added control and power. It was a bastard due to it's design, because it was not directly descended from two or one handed swords, it was a mixture of the two.

Very cool idea, I would love to see it implemented in game :D

31509signature.gif

I actually think this is a good idea. It's very similar to the idea i had for 2h...but it's cool cuz i actually like hand a half swords...I also agree that there should be a required str level to use one handed. It took a strong man to weild a hand a half sword with one hand, so don't just let anyone wield one with one hand.

The only thing i don't like about your idea is that using it with 2 hands even if you have the required str would be more effective...I think that just adds too much confusion...It should be that once you have the required str you can wield it with one hand just as effectively as someone with lower str using it with 2 hands...

I also dunno how i feel about the special, but that's just like a little detail.

Overall, yeah i think the idea is good and i'm glad you thought of it! (Now if only jagex would think of it or put it in).

Your doing exactly the same thing as every other person out there with the 2-hander turned 1-hander idea. The only difference is your giving it a different name.

I don't like it.

if that's your opnion, i can't do anything about it

not a bad idea.ya might wanna adjust the str reqs a little tho.& the 2 handed way should be about same str lv as reg 2h, but the 1 handed should be between long & 2h.maybe a def bonus?stronger than the long def bonus tho.& make the special drain about 75%.its real good when used right!

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.