Tip.It Times Presents: Pure Essence, Pure Disaster?

oddfaery2

I bought 8k ess yesterday for 15 each. 15 each is less than 30 each, but 15 each is still plenty of money for a low level player. 28x15= 420gp with a single load. A single load that takes a few minutes tops. 8k ess is still 120k.

They haven't cut off the ability for low level f2p players to make money with ess. It just requires twice the effort. It's still easy money.

That's all. Instead of 240k they now made 120k. Still a [cabbage] load of money for a low level player. But we are not talking about low level players here are we? We are talking about autoers and merchants losing out.

That's life. Get over it. I died yesterday training slayer. Lost 300k. How dare jagex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, wait. It's a game. These things happen.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost, I'd just like to say - excellent article. Personally I thought you're suggested solutions were excellent, especially the last one. Perhaps one of those "type what you see" codes they use on high-security websites would be a good idea, and only once per log-in (like bank PIN's).

Also, (as Lim_Dul pointed out) for those of you who are pointing fingers and saying "loser" or "whiner", i don't think you see the point. Some people actually spent all their time on rs merching rune ess, only to have the price of it drop by half. This isn't something preventable like being hacked or dying in the game, so they have the right to be upset. AND, many have made a good point - in what way does this stop macroers? They may only be making half the profit, but they're still making money effortlessly aren't they? These aren't complaints, these are suggestions to help make the game better for everyone.

P.S. - good luck on getting 99 (or whatever ur aiming for) crafting, oddfaery :D

P.S.S. - has anyone posted this in the runescape suggestions forum yet..? If not, I suggest someone do so. I think Jagex would really take these ideas into consideration.

this update is the worst update in the history of runescape!!

Did jagex once think of the impact this would have on everyone else??

Heres what happens:

all the essence supply stops cuz p2p cant mine pure ess.

All the nat crafters start charging more for nats cuz it costs more to make them.

All the high alchers stop alching because nats cost too much.

Since alching is one of the fastest ways to "make" money, 75% of the money supply stops comming.

Money suddenly becomes more valuable because there is a lot less of it comming into the game.

All the prices in runescape start dropping.

It all starts a chain reaction and can only go downhill.

Have fun playing with a falling-apart-at-the-seams economy! :D :) :( :o :x

If the common person buys and sells properly, the prices will not rise. To take advantage of the situation and rise rune prices should not be encouraged, and it can be detoured. Regular rune essence can still be used to make money.(though not as much) Being a merchant is like playing the stock market; it will have it's ups and downs, sometimes crashing and others skyrocketing. If someone is selling runes at higher prices because of this, simply don't buy and encourage regular prices if you can.

The most common reason that regular essence prices haven't dropped further is because everyone is trying to sell them before they loose more of their value. I believe that in the future the regular essence prices will settle within 5-10 range. The runes that can be made on free servers are not worth a lot, and paying 15gp an essence right now isn't really worth it to make them unless you have higher runecrafting.(which is why the essence prices should decline further)

Pure essence should be much easier to mine than the other things at level 30 and up many levels from that. The essence mines are a click away from bank, and essence can be mined fairly quickly(quicker than most ore, and you don't have to worry about crowds when mining it) Selling it should be better for profit than other things you can mine because of that, so I doubt essence will be in such short supply as to crash the runescape economy.

Though the essence changes may not completely stop the macroers, it does help enormously in stopping people from making real-life money off of it. That makes the update seem a bit more worth it in my opinion.

~10 out of 10 cows agree. The greatest Runescape addition was the rubber chicken.

~Today, we watch Runescape's grass grow. Tomorrow, we watch it's pots boil!

you all don't think much... seriously.

Ok, Economics 101. Supply And Demand.

Higher Level requirement (in any way, whether combat/skill total/mining lvl) to mine pure essence = Less supply because less players can mine because all the lower levels can't mine it anymore = Prices go up

Anything that slows down the mining time of ess (randoms/pin) = less supply because the time to get will decrease = prices go up. This one can easily be gotten around by macroers/autoers/bastards as well

And last but not least... if Jagex figures a way to ban autoers without altering the game any way = Less Supply = Prices going up! So do you want prices of Rune Essence to go up? or Macroers to live on? Jagex didn't have an easy decision. And I swear, all I hear is people complaining about autoers all the time, and they do create problems (they created this problem) but to be honest... you are complaining about the benifits of autoers as well... almost... just almost.

(Extra note after finishing writing: Maybe Jagex are really just genuises. They impliment a horrible idea that raises prices tremendously and when they implement a good one where prices are just a little bit higher, no one will complain.)

Personally, the BEST ideas are combat totals at 500 (slows down macroers long enough for Jagex to catch them) OR exp+ in pure ess mining (make it actually worth while). Jagex is ALWAYS going to offend someone.

(fatigue was worse. I didn't even play when that came out)

Aqua Dragons<<< A player since there was only 3 worlds. (on and off)

They didn't mean to start it like this, and they don't know what to do with it now. but...

It's hard to play god...

Aqua_Dragons.png

this update is the worst update in the history of runescape!!

Did jagex once think of the impact this would have on everyone else??

Heres what happens:

all the essence supply stops cuz p2p cant mine pure ess.

All the nat crafters start charging more for nats cuz it costs more to make them.

All the high alchers stop alching because nats cost too much.

Since alching is one of the fastest ways to "make" money, 75% of the money supply stops comming.

Money suddenly becomes more valuable because there is a lot less of it comming into the game.

All the prices in runescape start dropping.

It all starts a chain reaction and can only go downhill.

Have fun playing with a falling-apart-at-the-seams economy! :D :) :( :o :x

wow ur quite the pessimist aren't u?

even after all this has happened, and it can only go down hill... i bet all the free2play players are still going to play the game, SO EVERYONE NEEDS TO QUIT WHINING and play the darn GAME because it is just that... a Game.

maybe they should put an alter or something in the game for members so they can purify normal essence. It would be something that costs nothing, but has a 25% failure rate. That way, f2p can still sell normal ess to members, and they can purify it to make the better runes.

I don't care to seperate ess. I think that the market for pure ess is going to push prices through the roof. How many members do you know that mine ess to sell? I know of none, it is not something that I care to do, so I buy all my ess.

Maybe they could place a mine cart like at the coal trucks... so each run you can mine more. Or have a dwarf there that you can pay to bank the ess for you, like you can with the gold in keldagrim. ( this of course would be members only )

just my 2 cents worth on this.

Nice article, always like to read it :D

It might be mentioned before, but I didn't feel like reading the whole 13 pages :roll:

What about move-able teleport portals to get out. The Portals that are there now are always on the same place, so easy to find for auto'ers. Just let the switchm from position each time you enter the mines.

I think it would help stop the auto'ers by a lot.

I, like many other real runescapers, am constantly seeking runescape gp to purchase ever more exciting items and fell proud of my money. I do also however have a liking for purchasing goods online, at places like ebay and amazon.

It had occurred to me on my searches of such sites, that these annoying, unfortuneately usually japanese or chinese people are actually selling there un-deserved earnings at around $12 per mill.

Unfortuneately i found the greed and stupidity within me and purchased a few mill off these people.

At first i felt great, going and buying rares andfelling proud.

Two days later, my account banned!!!

Do not real life item trade for runescape items!!!

ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!

sry for the late reply but i'm new to the game and forum and i was wondering i bought 13k of Rune Ess my question is will i be able to use this to rc nats or not ?

if not wat can i do with it ?

Ordinary essence will make the four elements, mind and body - the same 6 runes that can be crafted in F2P. It's unknown yet if it also supports the making of combination runes.

On reflection, the commodity that it really doesn't matter if people macro, is essence, since it is not competetive, whereas most other things put the autoers in direct competition with legitimate players.

I like the idea of having a pin of some kind you enter each time, as a way of cutting down macroing. I do like the idea of two kind of rune essence, requiring higher level skills, and i've thought they should do this to balance the game for a long time. Although I agree that Jagex should have converted everyone to the pure as a one shot. This is a game however, and I don't think its that big a deal. Free members and merchants are still making money on the lesser rune es, they just have to work harder.

SO EVERYONE NEEDS TO QUIT WHINING and play the darn GAME

Well the squeaky wheel gets the oil now doesn't it? :roll:

No Complaints = No Changes!

no complaints no changes? sounds like a winning solution!

things are fine the way they are and the f2p players need to quit whining because its FREE. would u complain to ur great grandmother about a toy you got for christmas? hell no, cuz u diddn't buy it, and it's STILL something to play with.

and here's one more thing to think about f2p players....

this might sound mean, but oh well...

Life's a b****, then u die. Who said life is fair? And this isn't even real life!!!

so u lost a lot of money, big deal i die and lose my stuff all the time. then i have to go make more.

And thats the point, go play. instead of b****in' and complainin, expecting someone to hand u somethin on a silver platter, go rebuild ur wealth! do somethin!

this happenned days ago. OMG..... GET ON WITH IT!!! :x

this isn't even real life!!!

so u lost a lot of money, big deal i die and lose my stuff all the time. then i have to go make more.

And thats the point, go play. instead of b****in' and complainin, expecting someone to hand u somethin on a silver platter, go rebuild ur wealth! do somethin!

This isn't like getting killed in the wilderness. I didn't have any idea Jagex was going to devalue the items I bought. There was no way I could have avoided this loss.

Since it's such a small issue to you, why don't you just buy my rune ess for the price I paid for them. You wouldn't have any problem making that gp again apparently, even though it took me a year to gain.

Currently I've still got 263k rune ess which I paid 25 gp each for, so you can just give me 6.75m gp for them, and I'll stop complaining. How does that sound?

If you're not willing to agree to that, then quite simply, you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is.

31509signature.gif

Just because I know the answer to this question...

"When Snow Melts What Does It Become?"

"Spring."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, i'm a lvl 77 character (at the moment). I have never bought or sold a single piece of ess in the entire 3 months I've been playing. If you can mine pure ess yourself, why pay for free stuff?

It doesnt hurt to spend an hour or two mining ess for yourself, hell you even get exp for it (albeit it's not very much). If you don't want the normal ess, or want to sell it, get on a free world and sell for 15g each in amounts between 100-1k ess per sale, you get 15k-150k per round!

Lim_Dul, you have 263k ess right? thats still 3,945,000 (3.9M) if you sell for 15g each!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok then, back on topic. Macroers will be able to (in the future maybe) generate random 2-digit #'s at some time, making the entry of a 2-digit # to tele to ess no good. The idea of having a randomly moving portal to RETURN would prevent autominers, and autoclickers, from working on it.

Another thing is that not all autoers are mining rune essence, they can mine iron at the Varrock east mine.

I got beat by a lvl 3 with a bronze pik mining iron, and I had lvl 36 mining and addy pik at that time. My mining is 57 now, but when i looked theirs up, it was lvl 62. I logged out, into another world, and found that the same person had a f2p player in the same place using a macro. I got so pissed that i just stopped playing on free worlds...

There's nothing stopping people from mining things for profit, and making the prices of one of the major sources of money drop in free worlds and member's worlds alike doesn't help. I can mine pure ess and sell to members, or i can mine normal ess and sell to free players, but why would i do that? one chaos rune sells for much more than one ess, even fire runes are worth more than ess, that presents a new problem. If free players begin macroing rune altars, what will stop them? Randomly change the location of the altars every 3 mins? Making people not want to make the runes anymore and therfore only buy them, driving the price of runes up even more!

All I can say is that stopping the macroers isn't needed at the moment. There will always be macroers, thats part of the game. The problem is how to prevent the rich from getting richer by unfair means.

F2P player has 500k in his bank, if the value of money increases by 30%, that person now has what was the equivalent of 650k! He just made 150k's worth because of an update in the game that increases gp value...

I'm a member and i have a hard time making money, bow strings are safe but slow, i can't make nats yet, and i can't high alch yet either. I only sell things when i need quick money and i spend all may money on things that later i find that i didnt need. When i try to sell them, it turns out that they arn't worth anything. There is a problem with how people react to the updates, instead of thinking "the price of rune ess is low, but runes are still high." they think "The price of ess is low, so ill just stop mining it..." This is the reason that noone wants to buy it either.

~~~~~~~

I hope that I changed some people's minds, or at least put the idea in their head that a decrease in ess value could mean more money for them by runecrafting and selling runes for a much higher profit.

i like #2 the best too!!!!

the update is not very great....dumb macroers they are slowly ruining everthing!

soon runescape will only be for members!!!!!!! :roll: :cry:

i hate the macroers!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x

i have another solution:

the requirements for mining pure ess should be lvl 30 mining AND lvl 27 runecrafting (the level of the first member rune)

in addition, free players should be able to mine pure ess

the result is that ess would be much less appealing for macroers because they need to level up two unrelated skills, and have an excellent chance of being caught by jagex by then. runecrafting is also harder macro.

since free players can mine pure ess, the price would go down, almost to its pre-update price, making normal ess less desirable and less common, and most people may stop selling it altogether.

i think this is a good idea. too bad no one will see it here :?

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

I agree that it is a diaster and it also opens up new ways of scamming people as ive just seen. " hey! why wont my essence turn into nats!, your kidding me i spent 2 mill for nothing!"...they got scammed and also there is the possiblility of people swapping the ess from pure to normal, maybe jagex should reconsider..

Everybody thinks that whether fair or not, the macroers have gotten their just deserves. I think we are forgetting that they probably supplied a huge amount of the essence being brought into the world. Without them, essence is much harder to get. Besides, they were only trading to people who had made that choice themselves, its not the macoers' fault there are so many idiots in the world. They may have been breaking the rules, but they were hurting nobody, and helping quite a few people trying to level the runecrafting :)

stop complaining about macroers!!!!!!!

do you realize that almost (im not more) than half the rune ess that you buy is mined by autoers? (yes you have all bought "dirty" ess)

if half the supply of ess just dissapears then the prices shoot up!

Imagine if half the whips that get dropped just stopped comming!

the prices would shoot up to about 5 mil in a little over a week!

The same thing is going to happen to pure essence because all the ess being mined by the outoers has stopped comming and listen to this:

Not only has the ess mined by the autoers stopped comming, YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT ALMOST ALL OF THE ESS MINED BY "NON-AUTOERS" IS MINED BY NON MEMBERS!!!!

THAT MEANS 50% OF THE ESS IS GONE BECAUSE THE AUTOERS ARE GONE, AND 70% OF THE ESS REMAINING HAS STOPPED COMMING BECAUSE THE NON-MEMBERS CANT MINE THE ESS EITHER!! THAT MEANS ONLY 15% OF THE ORIGINAL ESS IS STILL COMMING!!!

Read the first post of the previous page to see how this will effect the entire economy.

I AM NOT A PESEMIST. I AM STATING HOW BAD THIS COULD REALLY GET

this isn't even real life!!!

This isn't like getting killed in the wilderness. I didn't have any idea Jagex was going to devalue the items I bought. There was no way I could have avoided this loss.

Since it's such a small issue to you, why don't you just buy my rune ess for the price I paid for them. You wouldn't have any problem making that gp again apparently, even though it took me a year to gain.

Currently I've still got 263k rune ess which I paid 25 gp each for, so you can just give me 6.75m gp for them, and I'll stop complaining. How does that sound?

If you're not willing to agree to that, then quite simply, you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is.

add skittlz42069 to ur buddylist email me at mallcitybrandy at yahoo.com i will give anyone who asks, the price difference for the new essence. keep the essence, but maybe this will make it less.... worthless, and u all can finally shut up.