Tip.It Times Presents: Pure Essence, Pure Disaster?

oddfaery2

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(To finally stop rune essence macros, further measures will need to be taken. There will still be some market for regular rune essence, and considering how little it takes to mine it, there will not be serious drawbacks to doing it. Perhaps Jagex should consider an alternative to hinder the ability of level 3 accounts mining essence.)

So your saying that all lvl 3 are macros

How about all pure skillers that dont wanna do combat but just noncombat skill

You dont want them to mine there own rune ess

So basicly you want to kill all lvl 3 pure skillers it sounds like it anyway

this has annoyed me for a diffrent reason. i was a air crafter and ended up paying out 500k to get me to 50rc. i i had waited i would have saved 375k and would still have loads of money to buy bones with

A good i dea i just came up with that would help stop all the marcoers is making tutorial island harder and take longer to comeplete. this could easyilly be justified as well because it could teach new players how to craft for example. this would meen every time a macroer got an account banned he would have to spend 1-2 hours creating a new one. the tutorial island could also be made to be macro proof.

This solution would peanilise no-one as all it would meen is everyone would have to spent just half and hour to and hour more at the start of the game. not the biggest sacrifice ever. no one would have to be slowed down and now low level players would be killed. it would effect no one unless they wanted to create a large amount of accounts, or people who constantally had to make new account because the old ones were banned, which is someting basically only macroers do.

This seems like a good idea to me as most people dont have more than 2 accounts, 1 main account and 1 for pking.

Good idea? what do people think?

Rabidherring

hey, did you not read the article, pure essence on free servors on runescape.com? next week they are gonna let free players sell any pure essence they had. stop worrying about this

The only people who had their ess converted to pure ess, are the ones who had member items in their banks. Therefore the F2p only peopple, like myself, got stuck with virtually worthless non pure ess.

Jagex has said that players who are not currently members, but did get their ess converted, will be able to trade those ess next week. That will allow former members to sell their valueable pure ess to members, but will do nothing to help nonmembers who's ess have just dropped in value dramatically.

Rabidherring's idea is yet another perfectly good solution that would actually work to deter macroers.

31509signature.gif

My idea would be either to flood the ess with monsters, or to have a question before entering the mine, such as "What is this?" And have a picture of something and three options.

Such as: A picture of a rune chainmail

A. Chainmail B. Lobster C. Sword

I think it would work, and it wouldn't really hinder anybody.

shadowedkittenbuddyrn0.png

Image by Drek and Buddies

there is only 1 problem about the whole isue

Runecrafting is a hard and boring skill to most. And cheaper essence prices made it worthwhile to hire runners etc. so level up easier.

This update will only slow players down and let them train on F2P runes, like world 16 altar. And I am a F2P myself with almost 53 runecrafting, I would be discouraged to train @ world 16, because my loss is simply to big. So I can't train at a decent rate.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

The effect on F2P players is not something Jagex will be too concerned about.

The complaints of P2P runecrafters denied a supply of cheaper ESS (for "fast free laws" etc.) may concern them more.

Driving autoers to materials where their competition is more harmful (eg. coal in the guild) may be a turn for the worse - yes, other materials do need a higher level, but autoers can level up as fast as possible with no effort.

Pure ess with perhaps a 40 mining level and other obstructions, obtainable in F2P (and perhaps giving a +1 rune bonus on lower runes) may have been better.

Now the "other obstructions" could comprise:

1. A quest or other action needed to allow it to be mined - a Rune mysteries followup.

2. A "gate guardian", or some additional task for the teleport guy - and perhaps have pure essence only available from Sedridor (and members rune teleports), after getting an answer from another character nearby.

3. Monsters in the pure ess mine.

With a split between two types of essence, the basic one could be made slightly more difficult (eg. a random incantation for teleport that you have to say), while pure ess could be made a lot more difficult - mining level, mage level and RC level could all be brought into it.

awsome article oddfaery your ideas are awsome but i think it might help to make the quest harder so you can't just make a account then boom do the quest and get rich...

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

A good i dea i just came up with that would help stop all the marcoers is making tutorial island harder and take longer to comeplete. this could easyilly be justified as well because it could teach new players how to craft for example. this would meen every time a macroer got an account banned he would have to spend 1-2 hours creating a new one. the tutorial island could also be made to be macro proof.

This solution would peanilise no-one as all it would meen is everyone would have to spent just half and hour to and hour more at the start of the game. not the biggest sacrifice ever. no one would have to be slowed down and now low level players would be killed. it would effect no one unless they wanted to create a large amount of accounts, or people who constantally had to make new account because the old ones were banned, which is someting basically only macroers do.

This seems like a good idea to me as most people dont have more than 2 accounts, 1 main account and 1 for pking.

Good idea? what do people think?

Rabidherring

I believe this solution has been discussed before, but apparently not enough that Jagex is really listening. There is a risk that a longer Tutorial Island time will deter legitimate players from playing. Therefore, I think that new accounts should be able to build experience the time they are in there, but that it be rewarded to them when they come out.

It's reasonable to assume that the gold farmers may be at their computers during Tutorial Island. So running the macroing program during that time may be ineffective as they may do that if they aren't already. Here's the kicker: Run the macroing program on every new account made for a certain amount of time. Most gold farmers will go straight to their autoing destination, be it essence, fish, woodcutting, or flax. Within that time, they will be banned.

With the creation of pure essence, Jagex has sent a very strong message: "If you're going to mine essence to turn a profit, you're going to need to be a member and pay us to do so." Essentially, pure essence is another perk of membership. I honestly don't think that Jagex has the resources and the inclination to run their detection program on all the F2Pers, but I think it might be reasonable to do so for all P2Pers, and use similar strategies as done for essence for raw materials that are in F2P worlds.

This isn't a perfect solution-- I cannot expect it to be. But their current applications of resources against macroing appear to be tailpipe solutions at best.

What I wouldn't give to get a glimpse of their discussion on this...

As a member soon to be a free player, I find this annoying.

I got most of my essence from free players, many of whom are my friends.

Jagex should just add a new free players quest, requireing level 45+ combat and level 30+ mining that would allow free players and members to mine pure essence, it could be a really simple quest, member taking as much time as tears of guthix, but it would still stop the cheating and help free players continue making their money. If jagex did this, then they could make it so only pure essence could make mutiple runes per essence.

I think this is a good idea, what do you think.

Runescape Stats:

Dragonmaker9.png

Every stat on highscores!

My website.

That's a good idea Dragon. And this is my reply to the article, I liked option 2 best. :D

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Why not stock the pure essence in the magic guild or something, stock 5k-10k at a time for 25-30gp each at maximum. I havent thought about it really so correct me if you find fault. I personally dont care as im retired, and i also know JaGex can be a little stuborn at times. They cant stand the fact that they pay people to figure this stuff out and here we are with better ideas that we could of thought of on the toilet. No offense to oddfaery with that, kudos with t3h gr8 alternatives.

barrowsmstrcape,Mexican5.0.gif

(allready mentioned ..)

But I would like to see that the tutorial will be harder because the new players dont really know anything and ofcourse to make macroing less attractive.

It would be a good idea to have ppl train each free skill to 3, while they couldnt train it higher then 3, so that they wont become too good, but also need to spent a reasonable time there, and they wouldnt get killed by the first goblin they come across, which, I think, makes a lot of new players give up rightaway.

But about the rune essence, most essence is mined on free worlds because members have better things to do then to waste time to such nooby work, now members like me find it hard to buy pure essence for a reasonable price, and as owner of The Lawcompany (not that one on world 66) I found out that many many merchanters cant do their job anymore because they deal in essence. And it destroyed my company because only free players wanted to mine essence for us, so we cant make enough laws anymore.

harold_king.png

Playing RS since Nov. 2002 (but with various breaks)

this is a grate update i think all this time picking up rune essence from banshees now all i have to do is wait for the existing pure essence stockpiles to run dry (as im sure they will eventually) and sell the 5k pure ess i got in bank as far as im concerned this is pure heaven not pure disaster

ahahaha IMA A IDIOT

cant argue there mate
Real world? *looks around confuzzled* Real world?!? :ohnoes:

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

have now quit rs :-( (but i still browse these forums :-)

glademering wrote:

Quote:

On one last note, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d like to emphasize that, like all Tip.It Times articles, these opinions are my own, and I speak for nobody but myself.

First of I have to laugh at this quoted statement, if you don't get why, then you didn't read teh times a month ago.

While some of the solutions proposed are decent, most of them have flaws. So we introduce monsters... what happens if i want to make a mage pure but I want to mine my own ess? I can't do it anymore.

So we make it that the pickaxe has to be enchanted to mine ess. How am I gonna get magic lvl 45 without the ability to mine ess? How do I level my magic without the runes to do so? Keep in mind I'm completely disregarding the market.

So we introduce a pin number like at the bank. Do you have any idea how annoying this would be? Mining ess is annoying in it's repetitiveness. This would be annoying in a time consuming-I-can't-mine-ess-while-I-put-in-the-code kind way.

At this point I'm gonna move on and whine about how Jagex just royally screwed all the f2pers. Pure ess is now worth about 40-50gp ea... up from 30-40 ea.. and regular ess is down to about 15-25 ea... so anyone who wanted to sell ess as an f2per just got screwed. Bad. I mean while they were at it, why didn't Jagex just go into all the f2p accounts and steal their gold... it would have amounted to about the same thing, just in a less underhanded way.

My last point, and this one might be long, is that you can really tell that the brainchildren behind this idea don't manage their real life finances. Did they not think about the repurcussions on the market price of everything that this update would have? Natures are gonna cost more. So anyone high alching steel plates is gonna buy them for less. So now someone is getting even more screwed financially. Carry this over to anyone who high alchs anything, or to ppl who are mage pures and pk with deaths, or to just about anything. This will cause massive inflation in some parts of the market, and massive recession in others. It will completely unbalance the market for about a year, at which point the market will fix itself, or possibly continue fluctuating. Imagine what would happen if the American Government suddenly told everyone that their money was only worth 1/2 of what it was supposed to be worth because they were going to double the amount of currency in circulation. Not only would the American economy be royally screwed, but all of the trading partners globally who have American money would get screwed. It would throw the global economy into a turmoil that could very well cause another great depression. Now no one in real life is stupid enough to do something this serious, which is why I'm very surprised that there are people at Jagex who ARE stupid enough to not clearly think this through.

Yes, monsters would make it difficult for mage pures, but the level 25 was just a suggestion. Jagex could altar it however they see fit. If you're going to be a mage pure, level 50 combat wouldn't be a bad thing to get melee based, as you would easily pass it once you become mage based anyway, unless you for some reason don't want HP.

Out of the ideas, i like that "pin" one the least. it is more annoying than anything. I think having a skill total/better quest requirement, or just flooding it with monsters is the best solution by far.

All I'm saying is that the people at Jagex should make the people in the think tank take courses in microeconomics and sociology so that they can predict the changes on the society that their updates will have.

I mean I don't think that when Andrew set out, he knew that his creation would spawn an entire society, but now that it has, it's his responsibility as "The Creator" to make sure that his changes won't create the equivalent of a massive economic breakdown or even a massive economic restructuring.

Always selling amulets of strength 3k ea

The thing is, is that this new splitting of the rune essence did completely NOTHING to stop the auoters. All this update was make a more expensive essence. Why would members buy the more expensive "pure" essence if all they want to craft are basic runes? Auoters are still capable of mining essence and selling it to members and free players alike.

Why not stop autoing all together by acually putting physical barriers in the way. Remaking Rune Mysteries so it would require more skills and combat? Or the other idea of putting monsters in the rune essence area. These would put an acual barrier in the way instead of creating harder buyers to find.